Who to replace Starc?

Who to replace Starc?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Idiot Victorians think anyone who takes a wicket for their state should get picked for Australia. They are kidding.
.... On standby so.. Um.. Yeah...

Not as far away as you think lol ;)

Great...

Not saying it made it worse, but if it's an injury keeping him out for this long, you've seriously got to question sending him out to bat ahead of Lyon and Haze.

No, it made sense. Get Starc to have a swing. You had the other 2 batsmen to come in to run quick single if need be next over. Was just unlucky he hit it straight to the fielder.

Delaying surgery to go to the world T20...well he is a gun limited overs bowler so I guess I'll let that slide...

So what's the Adam Voges benchmark for bowlers in the Shield? 70, 80 wickets in a season?

It's funny to thank back to the days when we WA folk were dark on our guys not getting a fair go. Now we have 4 players in the test squad, 3 of whom really didn't earn their chance to be there.

It'd be closer to 50 wickets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i can understand the reasoning behind wanting a proper quick bowler for West Indies. The wickets are going to be disgustingly flat. Haze hardly covered himself with glory in the first two tests v NZ and Sids isn't a flat wicket bowler these days.

I just would have thought that its unlikely that NCN is bowling that fast yet. He's hardly MJ in his pomp when it comes to the speed gun at the best of times.

Coulter Nile and Boland. What a joke.

Must be a few bowlers in the Shield who are absolutely filthy tonight.

tumblr_nyn9meKNmX1rkbi4ao3_250.gif

Ludicrous decision to pick Coulter-Nile. He has not played a first class game this season, coming back from a suspension. Totally underdone.

I would going with Hazlewood, Siddle, M Marsh and Boland.

The first 3 did their job in the last test and Boland just ripped through admittedly an inexperienced WA side at the WACA. With not one single bowler standing out from the contenders, go with the one in the very best form. Would be happy if Bird was the choice instead of Boland, but I would have thought it was between those 2. C-N was not even in my thinking and I am a WA supporter.

Coulter-Nile was my first thought because McDermott went right out and mentioned Coulter-Nile, Stanlake and Paris

Having seen him a bit in BBL and ODI - where admittedly the wickets aren't helpful - but I don't see what he has that will get Test batsmen out regularly. Is there something I am not seeing? Looks a muscle bowler through and through.

Back