Who to use our first pick on if we don't have to use our first round pick on Moore?

Remove this Banner Ad

It is a very simple system, if Carlton bid with pick 7 and we match that with pick 8 we have to take Moore with pick 8 and we are unable to trade that pick
cool, I thought that the bidding was after the draft hence my confusion. thx for the explantion :)

Just a hypothetical, If we traded Pick 8 and Lumumba to GWS for Pick 3 and O'Rourke for example, would we be able to get Moore with our second rounder if St.Kilda and Melbourne didn't bid for him? Is that how it works?
Here is another interesting one.
Trade pick 8 for pick say 20 and a player.
Use pick 20 to nominate Moore.

Just a hypothetical, If we traded Pick 8 and Lumumba to GWS for Pick 3 and O'Rourke for example, would we be able to get Moore with our second rounder if St.Kilda and Melbourne didn't bid for him? Is that how it works?
Here is another interesting one.
Trade pick 8 for pick say 20 and a player.
Use pick 20 to nominate Moore.

at the moment Moore is touted a number 6 - 10 pick, given a position in the draft I wonder if it's worth trading pick 8 and a player or players to go up the draft and into the top 5. this would then mean we get a top 5 pick with " most likely " no one before us bidding on Moore. we can then secure moore at our 2nd round. so the question is what player(s) should be traded ? . the obvious ones with some value. and remembering it's only as a sweetner because we are giving pick 8 also include.

Harry L
N Brown
Toovey
Young
Seedsman
Sinclair
Williams
Blair
Or this.

Jesus Christ, how many times does it have to be said that bidding takes place before the trade period?

We can't manipulate our picks to let us get Darcy later, the system was designed specifically so teams have to bid with their original picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

?
FS is done before the draft and once we have to commit our #8 pick we can't trade it. If any club below us on the ladder nominates picks 1-7 on Moore we have to use pick 8 IF we want

Ok thanks for clearing it up for us all.
When do we know that other teams nominate him in picks 1-7? Or can't we find out before we use it at pick 8..?

I hate the bidding system, it should stay like it was in the past.

The father son rule should be there as an advantage to club just like how we got Cloke and Shaw and also with Geelong how they got Hawkins and Scarlett.
And don't forget the best father son we've ever had in your avatar.

We would have to take a KPP. I'd be stoked with either of Durdin or Goddard. Both have had tough years but the quality is there. They are both easily better performed than Moore at this stage, mainly due to injury mind you.

Having said that I still hope we take Moore.

Get Petraca he is a Collingwood supporter 190cm midfielder and Darcy Moore first 2 rounds

That would be a dream duo

That's the one I'd go all out for too.

If, and it's a big if, no one bids 1-7 for Moore I would be going to Melbourne and finding out which player we have makes the trade of picks 2 & 8 possible.

They did 2 for Tyson & 9 last year. What do we have that is Tyson's level?

Hypothetical - if it got you Petracca & Moore what would you be willing to give up? Would Fas get it done? Kennedy? Keeffe or Brown to replace Frawley?

We would have to take a KPP. I'd be stoked with either of Durdin or Goddard. Both have had tough years but the quality is there. They are both easily better performed than Moore at this stage, mainly due to injury mind you.

Having said that I still hope we take Moore.
Did you watch the nationals? Moore did more then both of them

So what are the odds we will be forced to use a first rounder on Moore? I'm resigned to it but is there any reasonable chance that we can snare him second round instead?
Well, we can be reasonable sure that St Kilda, Melbourne, GWS & Brisbane will not bid with their top 4 picks.
Taking Petracca, McCartin, Wright, Brayshaw with the first 4 picks.
That leaves Bulldogs, Carlton & Gold Coast as the most likely.
The players in the mix for picks 5-7 will be Durdin, Pickett, Lamb, De Goey with Moore.
There is also the unknown of Lever & Goddard.
So the chances are reasonable that Dogs will not bid, as Moore is not a stand out top 5 pick.
However I am worried about Carlton & Gold Coast.
I'm going for 50/50 that one of them bids for Moore.

Well, we can be reasonable sure that St Kilda, Melbourne, GWS & Brisbane will not bid with their top 4 picks.
Taking Petracca, McCartin, Wright, Brayshaw with the first 4 picks.
That leaves Bulldogs, Carlton & Gold Coast as the most likely.
The players in the mix for picks 5-7 will be Durdin, Pickett, Lamb, De Goey with Moore.
There is also the unknown of Lever & Goddard.
So the chances are reasonable that Dogs will not bid, as Moore is not a stand out top 5 pick.
However I am worried about Carlton & Gold Coast.
I'm going for 50/50 that one of them bids for Moore.

Teams behind us in the draft (ahead on the ladder) can bid for him too, I'm pretty sure. Would any top ten teams look at him? That reduces your odds down from 50-50 to a near certainty

Teams behind us in the draft (ahead on the ladder) can bid for him too, I'm pretty sure. Would any top ten teams look at him? That reduces your odds down from 50-50 to a near certainty
If teams above us on the ladder (pick 9 & above) bid for Moore, then we only have to match/secure Moore with our 2nd round pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back