Who will be first to debut next year ?

First player to debut next year ?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Liam Duggan.

If Gaff can debut R1 as a stick outside wingman, Duggan definitely can.

Duggan has very strong body - looks very thick and solid (although he seems skinny) for a 17 yr old who's got plenty of growing to do.

Definitely hoping a couple of the names listed Duggan, Newman, Waterman (maybe even Maguiness) can force their way into the R1 team.

Liam Duggan.

If Gaff can debut R1 as a stick outside wingman, Duggan definitely can.

Duggan has very strong body - looks very thick and solid (although he seems skinny) for a 17 yr old who's got plenty of growing to do.

Definitely hoping a couple of the names listed Duggan, Newman, Waterman (maybe even Maguiness) can force their way into the R1 team.

Yea I went Cavka looks very good, see him coming on as a super sub and running his arse of.

Went for Newman based mainly on I don't think we have a great 2nd HFF after LeCras, so there's a spot up for grabs, and he'd be the most likely candidate at the start of the season... Actually I might need to change my vote. Newman has already made his debut hasn't he lol
I'll go for Lamb on the same line of thinking

Yea I went Cavka looks very good, see him coming on as a super sub and running his arse of.

He's the player that intrigues me the most. Huge tank, gut runner, gives his all, tough - can't wait to see his skill level and how he performs on the field.

We haven't had a gun pick up very late in the ND for a long long time. Can't actually remember who the last one actually was - anyone know??

Last edited:
Doubt any of this yeas recruits will debut this year, cavka most likely. Not that draftees should be expected to come straight in, but will suck watching weller run the lines at freo for the next year while our guys develop.

Newman won't be Rd1 unless we skip the rookie draft or hit a LT1 before season start. Likely to play this year IMO, but only in the second half.

Alec looks like he has the size and if he plays well in the NAB cup I could see him debuting in the first couple of games. Duggan is an outside chance (no pun intended) later this year but I'm doubt he'll be ready by Rd1, still fairly small albeit tough.

Cavka and Nelson seem reasonable chances too, but probably not unless there are injuries.

Doubt any of this yeas recruits will debut this year, cavka most likely. Not that draftees should be expected to come straight in, but will suck watching weller run the lines at freo for the next year while our guys develop.

What makes you think Weller will play a lot of games next year? Small build, played Div 2 u18s/NEAFL and behind Crozier/Duffy for the role he would play.

Why do you think that Weller will break into a strong Fremantle midfield any more than any of our recruits get game time in our weaker midfield. Bear in mind also that we have only 27 players with more than 10 games experience on our list so it won't take that big an injury run before we need to start consdiering our recruits

Why do you think that Weller will break into a strong Fremantle midfield any more than any of our recruits get game time in our weaker midfield. Bear in mind also that we have only 27 players with more than 10 games experience on our list so it won't take that big an injury run before we need to start consdiering our recruits

Reason why we'll probably take Lucas in the RD tomorrow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What makes you think Weller will play a lot of games next year? Small build, played Div 2 u18s/NEAFL and behind Crozier/Duffy for the role he would play.
Not to mention he played NEAFL and div 2 U/18's.

Edit: Oh s**t, didn't see you already mentioned that. How embarrassing.

Last edited:
He's very good - fast and kicks goals up to 55m (i.e. very suited to Subi oval). Guy is going to be a fantastic player.

I went with Lamb, don't think we can resist the matchup problem he'll be as a HFF for the opposition.

Alec Waterman is the favourite at the moment and probably rightly so. Has the body size to make an immediate impact and attracts the ball. My hope is it will be Damian Cavka or Liam Duggan early but.

Depending on how the season pans out i'd like to see Jackson Nelson at some stage as well. Out of the 4 Victorian boys selected he is arguably the most AFL ready.

Mostly because of his style of play - fast, outside types with skill tend to debut earlier. Also I think there is a place in freos 22 for another runner.

But I must admit its partly because i rate weller higher than our recruits - would have preferred him over duggan. Early days though.

With all the attributes Duggan has. Surely there's a spot for him on hbf hff or sub. Give him a run in the center here and there. That would be best for his development. But that's not how we Roll at the Eagles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back