Who will be first to debut next year ?

First player to debut next year ?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

My concern with Cripps is he doesn't create enough. He can get at the end of other peoples work but it's rare for him to score a goal out of nothing or create a goal scoring opportunity for someone else in an unlikely situation.

I have zero confidence any of the new boys will play a whole game. Maybe as a sub in a dead rubber or in a game we should smash the opposition.
ER makes a very good point, we all have to remember that they are still very young and its always tough to debut a young body with hardened AFL vets, AFL players that are professional athletes.

Waterman is my choice, and as I have said, Lamb looks more physically able to mix it up.
McInness will play if Darling , Kennedy or even if McGovern are injured , I am basing this on the imposing game he played in WAFL Grand Final and the fact he has 1 year to prove himself . Surely he will be highly motivated to push for selection

Lot of 'new toy syndrome' here with the greatest focus, apart from the odd mention of Karps, being on the 'new kids'.

Does that mean we 'struck out' with draftees of the previous year?

For mine - I have NFI
Tom Barrass looks impressive with his muscle definition will be interested in his progress , obviously he and Powell being injured much of last year so have seen very little of those boys

McInness will play if Darling , Kennedy or even if McGovern are injured , I am basing this on the imposing game he played in WAFL Grand Final and the fact he has 1 year to prove himself . Surely he will be highly motivated to push for selection
Did McInness kick some ass and take some numbers in teh GF?

STATS OR GTFO! :cool:

Cripps really improved in the second half of the year as he became less selfish. Bed 21 for me, but can't see him ever becoming a star.

Will try, will keep you updated on my progress :p

Well he kicked three goals and was one of East Perth's better players on a day not suited to talls.

But the problem is he doesn't kick enough goals. He kicked 28 goals in 22 games playing mostly at center half forward.

Averaging 5.4 marks is ok, nothing spectacular given his size advantage. Id like to know his contest mark numbers, i suspect they'd also be pretty average.

Well he kicked three goals and was one of East Perth's better players on a day not suited to talls.

But the problem is he doesn't kick enough goals. He kicked 28 goals in 22 games playing mostly at center half forward.

Averaging 5.4 marks is ok, nothing spectacular given his size advantage. Id like to know his contest mark numbers, i suspect they'd also be pretty average.
I wonder if reece Mckenzie was considered with 1 of our later picks

Sorry I not a stats fan .. shouldnt be too hard for you to research tho.. The problem with stats is that McInness was so dominant up fwd that he should have been swung back or midfield IMO .. was under utilised ..

Newman has a LONG way to go before knocking off Cripps for a position. Cripps is easily the best player for that role at the moment, having shown he can contribute regularly to a reasonably high standard throughout 2014.

Newman can get huge all he wants, he's got a lot to show on the field before i imagine he'd be considered to play AFL, let alone take someone's spot in the best 22 as a rookie, who has played 1 nab game in 18 months.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

YOU suck.

It's hard to gauge just where Newman is going to play when one moment everyone is harping on about his goal sneak credentials and think he's going to be our new zippy forward pocket, the next minute he's Daniel Kerr.

Point is, Cripps is best 22 and Newman certainly is not.
It's hard to gauge as Newman has been out of the game for nearly 2 years but on comparison, Newman's couple of games initially were way superior to Cripps. Admittedly Cripps has slowly improved and I hope he gets better again but in terms of looking for potential match winners, Newman looks more exciting than does Cripps...maybe both?

It's hard to gauge as Newman has been out of the game for nearly 2 years but on comparison, Newman's couple of games initially were way superior to Cripps. Admittedly Cripps has slowly improved and I hope he gets better again but in terms of looking for potential match winners, Newman looks more exciting than does Cripps...maybe both?

Scuse me? What exactly did Newman show in his few games? He came on against the gold coast when we were 100pts up and bagged himself a goal, and he also snapped a beauty for us against the swans. They are literally the only memorable touches he has had in his AFL career.

If you think that is 'superior to Cripps' then maybe i'll throw myself down some stairs.

Going forward for the club who is the possible game breaker out of Cripps and Newman. I guess we haven't seen the best from either one just yet. I am taking nothing from Newman's 4 games in 2012 as it was his first season and he hasn't played a lot for 18 months. Ladt year Cripps showed that he could score regularly but he drifts in and out of games.

Going forward for the club who is the possible game breaker out of Cripps and Newman. I guess we haven't seen the best from either one just yet. I am taking nothing from Newman's 4 games in 2012 as it was his first season and he hasn't played a lot for 18 months. Ladt year Cripps showed that he could score regularly but he drifts in and out of games.

Newman has to get a ******* game before he can even contemplate drifting in and out of it.

He can start by eking out some regular solid performances in the WAFL, any other talk before that is premature.

Cripps has got himself a weekly gig at the top level, for good reason.

Newman has to get a ******* game before he can even contemplate drifting in and out of it.

He can start by eking out some regular solid performances in the WAFL, any other talk before that is premature.

Cripps has got himself a weekly gig at the top level, for good reason.
I agree with you. Newman can't get a game unless there is a long term injury and he needs to put together some consistent solid WAFL performances next year. At the moment i would have Cripps in the best 22.

Scuse me? What exactly did Newman show in his few games? He came on against the gold coast when we were 100pts up and bagged himself a goal, and he also snapped a beauty for us against the swans. They are literally the only memorable touches he has had in his AFL career.

If you think that is 'superior to Cripps' then maybe i'll throw myself down some stairs.
I'm talking comparison on first games not where they are at the moment. On Cripp's first couple of games with the Eagles his kicking was shocking and he looked a bit panicky even tho he was older than Newman and had already played a few for the Saints. Cripps now is a very different player and certainly in the best 24. Newman has to prove himself and may not be able to do so but he still looked to have the talent. Happy landing!

Newman is one im really positive about going into next season. If we look at things from an optimistic perspective it's basically another recruit for the season. Same thing with waters. If 1-2 players from outside the best 22 can force their way in it makes us a much stronger side with better depth.

I like both the look of Cripps and Newman, Newman needs to prove himself and break into and cement his spot before I ever say his a better prospect then Cripps, regardless I believe that both players can make it into our best 22 if they continue there potential.

Back