Prediction Who will be our biggest improver in 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Biggest improver overall: Thurlow

I think he will be our most consistent HBF, whilst Enright and Mackie play lesser roles.

Biggest surprise: Mitch Clark

He's had a very solid full preseason to help his durability and I think he will play 15 - 18 games and kick 60 odd goals.

Clark to average over 3 goals per game?
Wow! If he does that, we win the flag as there is no way in hell the opposition will keep Hawkins to a measly 1-2 goals a game in the process.

Clark probably struggles to get through 15 games to be honest and maybe averages 2 per game with a couple of bags in between for about 35-38 goals for the season.

I like clark but 3 goals a game is very optimistic. I think Bobby's prediction is more likely and a good result for us if it comes to pass. Most especially if Hawkins can manage 50+ this coming season.

It has to be Menagola - or some other prime age recruit who hasn't played much senior footy and is a running machine

I probably didn't word that very well. If he can increase his average disposal count from 15.6 to 22(ish), I think he'll be our most improved player. His ability to run and carry combined with his kicking penetration makes him a very dangerous player. His "pressure acts" are also excellent. Being played in the correct position would help too.

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

GHS, his improved fitness and the interchange cap will make all the difference

Cockatoo will cement himself as best 22

Blicavs will be a 25+ possession mid this year

I probably didn't word that very well. If he can increase his average disposal count from 15.6 to 22(ish), I think he'll be our most improved player. His ability to run and carry combined with his kicking penetration makes him a very dangerous player. His "pressure acts" are also excellent. Being played in the correct position would help too.

Yes . Must want the ball more..Main issue for me.
Perhaps a brain transplant from chappy or joel corey is what he needs

If just half the predictions in this thread come to pass I'll be looking at buying a crate of champers, because the flag should be a formality. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of all our Guernsey numbers, I'm tipping 35 to show the greatest improvement.

What will I win?

he should come close to winning the Brownlow medal but it's not really a ballsy call.
You need to put your nuts on the line like you did with Darcy Lang (won't make it) and pick a bloke you feel will go up a couple of notches.

Lang's exactly who I would nominate funnily enough.

Behind him Horlin-Smith perhaps, but he's already played very well at senior level so it wouldn't be as big a jump.

he should come close to winning the Brownlow medal but it's not really a ballsy call.
You need to put your nuts on the line like you did with Darcy Lang (won't make it) and pick a bloke you feel will go up a couple of notches.
You really have forgotten how to have a laugh haven't you bobby.

Lincoln McCarthy to improve on his 2015 season to a greater degree than Cowan did in his 2015 season.:eek:

I said this in jest but I am hoping that it may be prophetic.
At least someone else has caught a glimpse of what I have seen of McCarthy in the VFL when he was fit.

FORGOTTEN forward Lincoln McCarthy is the bolter of Geelong’s pre-season, with Patrick Dangerfield asking coach Chris Scott: “where have you been hiding this bloke” in recent years?.

Ravaged by recurring navicular injuries, where he once held grim talks with the Cats about what life after football would look like if his foot failed to heal, the livewire forward has blitzed training since being given the all-clear to join the main group before Christmas

“(Dangerfield) wandered over to me at training the other day and asked where we’d been hiding Lincoln McCarthy, because he really rates him,” Scott said.

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au...n/news-story/f932019b7b7ca9861135528ce0cece8d

There are quite a few posters who have made claims on different players that will improve the most. What this emphasises is the depth we have now at the club with youngsters coming thru. And we know we still have some older guns already - so it will be with great interest to see who can come thru and make the best 22 by season's end.

Quite a few posters on this Board have shown they can pick talent and with so many picking different players I feel comfortable that more than just one will be serious improver.

Clark to average over 3 goals per game?
Wow! If he does that, we win the flag as there is no way in hell the opposition will keep Hawkins to a measly 1-2 goals a game in the process.

Clark probably struggles to get through 15 games to be honest and maybe averages 2 per game with a couple of bags in between for about 35-38 goals for the season.
Have to admit your calls early last year about Clark have been spot on so far unfortunately.

Lets assume GHS is improving etc Where will he play? The midfield is apparently so stacked that people like Guthrie are playing back.
I like the guy, but unless his improvement is stratospheric,a place in the first 22 will be difficult to find.
(barring lots of injuries/form lapses)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back