Who will be our most improved "potato" in 2016?

Remove this Banner Ad

giles best games have been better than lycetts best games,granted he is older and his best games were a few season ago but if he gets back to the form he showed early on for GWS he could keep lycett out of the team on form alone.
probably unlikely but a sponsor can dream

No way, Lycetts best is better than most rucks in the league. Even Giles was surprised he got a gig with us and recognizes openly he is a 3rd stringer.
Good work as his sponsor though :thumbsu:

I thought simmo did it a couple of times too? maybe not.
Nah last year it was Nic and Lycett for the first 4 weeks then Lycett was dropped for Sinclair.
Sinclair was good. Better around the ground then Lycett, although Lycett is definitley the better tap ruckamn.

hindsight is a wonderful thing imagine if Simmo fired him up to annoy Rioli or at least man up on him .

Paddy's no gun and I'm not suggesting he should have started. But for all the s**t that gets flung around about him hereabouts there remains certain traits about him that aren't going away irrespective of the size of the game. Unlike certain more skill full players who -frankly- s**t the bed in the GF (and now have BIG question marks over them IMO).

Last edited:
Paddy's no gun and I'm not suggesting he should have started. But for all the s**t that gets flung around about him hereabouts there remains certain traits about him that aren't going away irrespective of the size of the game. Unlike certain more skill full players who -frankly- s**t the bed in the GF (and now have BIG question marks over them IMO).

Physically that was a pretty tame GF I really expected Hawks to bring a lot more aggression .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They probably would have had the game not been over at quarter time.
Yeah, my thoughts exactly. If we'd gone in even 3.3 instead of 1.5, the game would have been completely different. Result might have been the same, but it would have been a much more physical contest.

Anyhow, I sat down and watched the highlights of that game today for the 1st time. What a horrible end...

As for our improved potato, I'm not really sure if he qualifies, but I reckon McInnes might surprise us this year, especially if he gets that second ruck role. I think his ability to cover the ground will make him quite useful in that role.

Karpany is looking alright this preseason.
Do or die year for him.
Has to set the tone early. First WAFL match last year against East Freo at Subi he heard footsteps in 20m of space and squibbed an uncontested mark. He's got a lot to prove.

Has to set the tone early. First WAFL match last year against East Freo at Subi he heard footsteps in 20m of space and squibbed an uncontested mark. He's got a lot to prove.

His last half of dozen games last year when he finally got a chance to play on ball he was really excellent.

The reality is that there's not that many positions he can force himself into.
The two that stand out to me are Cripp's quasi-small forward, part-time midfielder role or Josh Hill's role but perhaps playing higher up the ground.
The trouble is that he is a fair way behind those players who were both excellent last year.

If McGinnity had even a half decent disposal, and better goal sense, he'd be an asset given his attack and general mongrel is as good as anyone in the team.

If McGinnity had even a half decent disposal, and better goal sense, he'd be an asset given his attack and general mongrel is as good as anyone in the team.
If you took away the weaknesses of most spuds they'd become assets! Sadly, he will forever remain a limited player.

Karpany is looking alright this preseason.
Do or die year for him.

I agree he is my nominee to finally show why wce drafted him and the thing with Karps is his opponent never really beats him .What does let him down is his focus and commitment .Areas to work on are field positioning and his casual kicking style ,endurance and tackling .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back