Who will be the last team to be beaten by GC and GWS?

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide, Essendon, Fremantle, Geelong, Hawthorn, West Coast left?

a couple of those sides will probably be too strong this year, so we will probably have to wait until 2015 or even 2016 to find out the last man standing is

Another_one_bites_the_dust.jpg

Fremantle and Hawthorn the only locks on that list to not lose to either this year. The rest I could easily see fall.
Wouldn't say anyone is a lock not to lose to them this year especially Gold Coast. We play them up there and it would probably be a 65/35 game

Fremantle and Hawthorn the only locks on that list to not lose to either this year. The rest I could easily see fall.
Nothing is certain in footy. Anyone can lose to anyone at anytime, just look at today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would not surprise me to see Gold Coast be able to beat anyone this year. They have reached a point where they can do it; top tier teams lose to mid tier teams all the time, and all it takes is for Hawks or Dockers to be off their game and Gold Coast to hit some stride. Heck, Fremantle got a fright of them once before, can happen again.

Nothing is certain in footy. Anyone can lose to anyone at anytime, just look at today.

Two similar examples to today that stick in the mind,

R14, 2013 - Collingwood 7. 9. (51) defeated by Port Adelaide 13. 8. (86) @ AAMI Stadium
R20, 2011 - Port Adelaide 3. 3. (21) defeated by Collingwood 23. 21. (159) @ AAMI Stadium
= 173 point turnaround in 22 months with 1 meeting in-between

R01, 2010 - Fremantle 17. 16. (118) defeated Adelaide 9. 8. (62) @ Subiaco
R15, 2009 - Adelaide 19. 16. (130) defeated Fremantle 1. 7. (13) @ AAMI Stadium
= 173 point turnaround in 8 months with 0 meetings in-between

The odd quirk aside, list equalisation can rear its head quite quickly.

Last edited:
At least it isn't embarrassing to lose to either of them anymore.. We've pretty much passed the laughable stage now after today

No I think we can wring one good lulz out of it yet.

1_01GWSy14CG1135.jpg

Biggest ever GWS win
Highest ever GWS score

-_-

Remove this Banner Ad

Back