Who will defend this government?

Remove this Banner Ad

Is he the one that looks like gollum? If he is then he is so biased towards the Coalition I am surprised they allow him on the show as it is pointless having him there for a serious debate.
Grin is right in what he says. Yes that is the one.

In all fairness I do wonder what the coalition policy would be if we didn't have 200 billion in debt to service on the order of our entire defence budget each year in interest.
The coalition have already spent , borrowed and wasted more in 6 months than labor did in 6 years
Would hate to dent the delusion that this govt is worse than the last one.

This new incompetent government has broken records of being the worse in Australian federal history

1- Only took the opposition 2 months after an election to hit the lead in the opinion polls

2- Shorten is the first opposition leader to be ppm after 4 months of a newly elected government (yes the ppm doesn't mean much in voting but political sense its embarrassing for abbott)

3- This government can not change out of opposition mode , its was not ready to govern

The coalition have already spent , borrowed and wasted more in 6 months than labor did in 6 years

This new incompetent government has broken records of being the worse in Australian federal history

1- Only took the opposition 2 months after an election to hit the lead in the opinion polls

2- Shorten is the first opposition leader to be ppm after 4 months of a newly elected government (yes the ppm doesn't mean much in voting but political sense its embarrassing for abbott)

3- This government can not change out of opposition mode , its was not ready to govern
This then to me shows a lot that the opposition is going to have some trouble.

The expenditure on the budget difference between 2013 and 2014 is 14.2 billion. So a 3.565% increase.
This incompetent coalition can not be trusted with any figures they were caught in 2010 and still being caught out

Your previous assertion was blown out of the water as rampant exaggeration. I respect your position but you need to start backing it up.

Why the coalition are desperate to get majority of their budget through , the black hole they have made gets bigger

the coalition had a 10 billion black hole in their budgeting

2013 the coalition had over $80 billion black hole , and it grows bigger since they can not get much of their budget through

That was the year Labor brought down a 40.8 billion dollar deficit. The year after they landed a 57.6 billion dollar deficit, the year prior was a 27 billion dollar deficit.

Since we were discussing black holes.

Why the coalition are desperate to get majority of their budget through , the black hole they have made gets bigger
Are they lol? Even Pyne on education endeavours was notd as saying 80% of something passed is better than 100% of nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was the year Labor brought down a 40.8 billion dollar deficit. The year after they landed a 57.6 billion dollar deficit, the year prior was a 27 billion dollar deficit.

Since we were discussing black holes.
Coalition is now in government , they lied about the budget emergency

It is incredible that groups and people against the refugee policy decisions for example are willing to support a policy put forward by Labor/Greens that led to mass deaths on the seas over the current ones that prevent such inhumane treatment.
Yawn, yawn-the gov't has to be more than a one trick pony. It might have helped get them into office but its not going to be enough to keep them there. Unless they can step up and show some credible governing-then stop the boats will not do it.

Coalition is now in government , they lied about the budget emergency

I quoted you the numbers that showed we were racking up debt.

The emergency is that our ability to dig our way out of another global financial meltdown is compromised when we are already in debt. Now we either acknowledge the efforts of Labor to ride out that storm through spending and now need to get ourselves back to that position in order to survive the next or we see it as rampant spending without heed to the consequences and now that the political minefield has been laid, the coalition won't be able to claw back the vote buying policy spending without going down in a blaze of glory.

Yeah they are. Unless of course you're a far right whack job yourself. Then they'd seem OK I spose.

Not even close to a far right wing government. Anyone who has travelled throughout the world and gone through such places would never compare us to those nations.

Please elaborate.

If that's your reasoning, it's lame compared to the sins of Rudd/Gillard/Combet?/Rudd govts.

This govt has been disappointing in many respects with the weight of crosses still outweighing the ticks

carbon tax repeal - tick

no improvements on international tax (better taxation of foreign residents) - cross

mining tax - should be repealed - cross

mining tax 2 - the mining tax should be replaced in time with a tax that works that has been designed and implemented with the states - cross

18C changes - should be changed - cross

paid parental leave - should not be implemented - double cross - a cross for a stupid idea and a cross for not being able to implement a stupid idea - or does a double negative make a positive?

child care - should be free - cross

the boats - tick

asylum seekers continue to be processed - tick

MH17 - tick

budget - failed to curb expenditure - cross

NBN - stopped to take a breath and reconsider the scope - tick

employment - not been in long enough to assess but expect this to continue to rise - WIP

repealing Gonski and NDS - should be replaced by state based solutions with federal funding - cross

defence - this has always been a basket case - neutral

Work for the dole - tick

Not paying the dole for 6 months - are they crazy? - cross

Streamlining green tape - tick

reducing red tape - I haven't seen it yet - cross

medicare co-contribution - medical care is worth more than $7 - tick

apprenticeship loans - tick

restart subsidies - tick

union corruption - tick

They only have 12 more months to improve the weight of the ticks or they are out.

Probably helped if you asked the right question. It's not actually no dole for under 30s but no dole for under 30s who have never worked.

As for whether I think it's a good idea. I can see the reasoning behind but as I have touched on before we wouldn't need changes like this if we scrapped Abbott's PPL, something I have repeatedly opposed since before the election.

Can you just remind me again how many billion$ scrapping the PPL will take off the deficit unless you are proposing that the current PPL scheme will be abolished, so too all the state and Fed public servant and others and the 1.5 company levy is ,maintained?

Not sure if Jane counts but she does an admirable job of flying the Libs banner, where is Tassy & the rest of the coalition apologists have they all retreated into hibernation or something?

Like Morgoth et al? Probably all off making moolah on the basis that if the electorate is stupid enough to vote back in the return of the people smuggler boats, the NBN and a further major debt and deficit blow out - plus everything else, then good luck to them.

I know I wouldn't be posting here still except that I've made my moolah and with time on hands -thanks to Paul Keating, Peter Costello, Kevin Rudd and Stephen Conroy. I'm actually surprised at the number of coalition posters who are bothering to post here at all - same old dreary spin from the True Believers we've had for 6 whole years of government. Should be left to talk to each other.

Probably helped if you asked the right question. It's not actually no dole for under 30s but no dole for under 30s who have never worked.

In Gough's defence I too didn't realise it was only for those who never worked. In that case it is fair as they should stay in the education system until they can find employment.

Can you just remind me again how many billion$ scrapping the PPL will take off the deficit unless you are proposing that the current PPL scheme will be abolished, so too all the state and Fed public servant and others and the 1.5 company levy is ,maintained?

Well you see...wait no.

That shitstorm can stay where it is.

Suffice to say I don't support any PPL (Abbott's included). Its removal will save money. Yes I have seen some claim otherwise, I dispute that.

Thats all I will say about that. People can feel free to go dig up that debate if they would like.

In Gough's defence I too didn't realise it was only for those who never worked. In that case it is fair as they should stay in the education system until they can find employment.

Fair enough but a shallow understanding of political policies is something that should be criticized not excused.

Its not like is a hidden facet but a core part of the policy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back