• Blues

Votes: 49 10.9%
  • Tigers

Votes: 300 67.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But you did not beat much in the second half of the year, I get you are being a glass half full and I am more a glass half empty when I look at the Tigs. I see a team that is a bit mentally weak, inconsistent and lacking depth saying that if things fall into place and you do not need to rely on depth players your consistency will improve and this should see you push in to the finals and have more of an impact when you are there. If things do not go your way like they did in the first half of last year you are going to be in for a stinker of a year. Like I am with the Pies for different reasons I want to wait and see what Richmond dish up in the NAB cup and the start of the home and away before I judge them

Yep, all fair comments mate and its up to the club to try and prove those criticisms wrong with performances on the field. I'd argue our depth is (at least on the surface) looking a lot better than the last two seasons and fingers crossed, we'll start the season with all our key players fit and ready to go which should help us (in theory avoid the woeful 1st half of last season). I'm cautiously optimistic but most fans of other club's would be the same. Time will tell I guess.

The biggest reason and blunder - was winning the toss and kicking into the wind - and then hearing Hardwick say later that he gave no instruction to his captain - re if they won the toss

Ive got a memory like an elephant - go back to 1967 - Richmond won the premiership defeating Geelong - go to the last round of that year - Richmond played Geelong at Geelong - Polly Farmer won the toss and unbelievably kicked into the gale - at qtr time -Richmond led 9 goals to 2 - game over

What Cotchin did was super dumb - their in a hostile environment - and he immediately puts the team right under the pump - became rattled - game over - and it doesnt say much for Hardwick either

Interesting comparison Goggin. I'd probably agree with most of that though I think it may be a bit disrespectful to say that Port's white hot form was, in part, due to the wind. While definitely a factor, they were just cleaner, better and more clinical when they had the ball and even if we went with the wind, I'm not sure that would have done a lot to halt their momentum.

IIRC, Hinkley also said he wasn't sure which way he'd have chosen to kick due to the wind being difficult to read prior to the game as the teams were warming up. Maybe winning the toss was as much a curse as it was a mistake.

The biggest reason and blunder - was winning the toss and kicking into the wind - and then hearing Hardwick say later that he gave no instruction to his captain - re if they won the toss

Ive got a memory like an elephant - go back to 1967 - Richmond won the premiership defeating Geelong - go to the last round of that year - Richmond played Geelong at Geelong - Polly Farmer won the toss and unbelievably kicked into the gale - at qtr time -Richmond led 9 goals to 2 - game over

What Cotchin did was super dumb - their in a hostile environment - and he immediately puts the team right under the pump - became rattled - game over - and it doesnt say much for Hardwick either
I had two friends at the ground. Both sat in different positions around the ground. One thought the wind was blowing one way, the other thought the opposite. Hinkley said after the game he wasn't sure which way to kick too. Many thought he was being nice, after hearing my two friends version, I think he was being honest.

Richmond are mentally weak, got luckly last year and only just scraped in. I the Pies have a good year with injuries they will finish above both of those sides
mentally weak sides don't win 9 in a row.... takes a lot of discipline and mental toughness to win 9 in a row. you ask any senior coach how hard it is to keep 30 blokes up for nine weeks in a row.

Tigs - pies - blues.

Tigs should be up around the four if they are serious about things otherwise heads will more than likely roll. We will be mid table around 7-12, but could go either way. Blues, yeah look I'm probably biased because I f****** hate them but don't rate their list at all, so think they will be bottom 4.

mentally weak sides don't win 9 in a row.... takes a lot of discipline and mental toughness to win 9 in a row. you ask any senior coach how hard it is to keep 30 blokes up for nine weeks in a row.
Mentally weak sides don't get rolled in the style you did two years in a row. Also 9 in a row you played no one of note

Voted Richmond but Collingwood's an interesting one. Very much an unknown. A lot will depend on Ben Reid. If he plays forward, that forward line looks extremely potent, but if he's off the park it looks very one dimensional.

Mentally weak sides don't get rolled in the style you did two years in a row. Also 9 in a row you played no one of note

lol dont rate adelaide at home? sydney in sydney? essendon who made finals? west coast at subiacco?
please, it was hardly the saints dogs and melbourne every week. we earned it.

tell me, taking out 2014, how many bad sides have won 9 in a row, in one season? id like to see your evidence.
we all know sydney in sydney was our grand final, we ran out of puff, and were overawed by a phenomenal team who had been preparing for finals for weeks. embarrassing yes, but we still got there, and lesser teams didn't, i mean, 9 in a row... its ridiculous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't believe you didn't include Port in that. That was by far the best win of the lot.
considering the lesson that they put us through, I've tried to forget, but it only adds to the point eh?
sydney in sydney
wce in perth
adelaide in adelaide
essendon
port adelaide

considering how "mentally weak" richmond are, id say backing up for hostile games, in hostile environments, shows anything but... but then you'd have to admit that these teams are "of note".

Anyway, the key for Richmond is to find good foil for Jack. I don't like the bloke but he is a very good player. Griffiths is the one for me. If he can kick 30 goals this year, it's a big positive.

Anyway, the key for Richmond is to find good foil for Jack. I don't like the bloke but he is a very good player. Griffiths is the one for me. If he can kick 30 goals this year, it's a big positive.
big wrap for griff. he's got all the tools, and now he's getting the minutes week in week out, he'll be good for jack, and in turn, for us. jacks injury free pre season for the first time in nearly his whole career should help him start the year off better than he preciously has.

Good point but I don't think it will be a tall that will make our forward line click. Our saving grace in the recent past is that we were lucky enough to have midfielders who kick goals, and then jack. I still hold out that Tyrone can replicate the combo with Jack in 2013 when both of them were very effective. My smokey that will help change our forward line dynamic and make it extremely hard to defend against will be having Griffith CHF, and Lids pushing up to the HHF flank paired with Knights.

If Knights can stay injury free, and add him to lids. Then add Cotchin/Martin resting forward, with Griffith kicking long bombs deep to either jack and Tyrone or hitting up our mediums and smalls, will make us quite potent forward.

lol dont rate adelaide at home? sydney in sydney? essendon who made finals? west coast at subiacco?
please, it was hardly the saints dogs and melbourne every week. we earned it.

tell me, taking out 2014, how many bad sides have won 9 in a row, in one season? id like to see your evidence.
we all know sydney in sydney was our grand final, we ran out of puff, and were overawed by a phenomenal team who had been preparing for finals for weeks. embarrassing yes, but we still got there, and lesser teams didn't, i mean, 9 in a row... its ridiculous.
this is why you will get no better because the club an its fans make excuses, Sydney rested blokes and were half arsed all night and you only just scraped home. Adelaide and West Coast were no good last year they may have beat the Pies but we were s**t last year. For Richmond to improve they needed to add to there squad going in to this season, they didn't

this is why you will get no better because the club an its fans make excuses, Sydney rested blokes and were half arsed all night and you only just scraped home. Adelaide and West Coast were no good last year they may have beat the Pies but we were s**t last year. For Richmond to improve they needed to add to there squad going in to this season, they didn't

wow. They actually did add where we were deficint in, which was speed FYI. Also keep in mind, 16 of our top 22 are all under the age of 24, so we are banking on improvement which IMO is quiet realistic due to us improving every year and making 2 consecutive finals. Saying sydney played half arsed, is trolling mate. I get you dont rate our chances this year but everything you accuse us off can easily be said about your mob.

wow. They actually did add where we were deficint in, which was speed FYI. Also keep in mind, 16 of our top 22 are all under the age of 24, so we are banking on improvement which IMO is quiet realistic due to us improving every year and making 2 consecutive finals. Saying sydney played half arsed, is trolling mate. I get you dont rate our chances this year but everything you accuse us off can easily be said about your mob.
Yeah we were shocking last year and deserving of any s**t that comes our way.

"Stop making excuses, you only won 9 in a row because <list of excuses for clubs we beat>"

Also they wouldn't drop Buddy if they were hell bent on winning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back