Votes: 49 10.9%
  • Tigers

Votes: 300 67.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what?

Hawthorn has 60k+ members but not even in top 10 of clubs of Facebook likes it ranks 15th in Australia & ranks 9th in Twitter followers.

The Deloitte football financial league takes these matters in consideration.

Even Richmond has an odd following similar to Hawthorn.

Makes you wonder about the real membership numbers. Carlton is ranked third for both in Australia. Just Saying.

Facebook likes and twitter followers are great, but they don't bring revenue to the club.
Plus, these things can be heavily manipulated on social media.
Twitter followers and instagram followers can be purchased.
Not a true indication of support IMO.

Membership numbers>likes on facebook. One makes money for the club. God, you got me to defend Hawthorn, I feel dirty.

Facebook likes and twitter followers are great, but they don't bring revenue to the club.
Plus, these things can be heavily manipulated on social media.
Twitter followers and instagram followers can be purchased.
Not a true indication of support IMO.

Phantom members don't bring revenue to the club either,

Back on topic.

We will need some luck finally with the injury list
Will need players in good form for the year
Will need a functioning forward line...Travis Cloke doesn't concern me but Jack is a gun when he wants to be.
Our defence needs to improve again this year with Jamison + Rowe + Docherty + Simpson + Yarran + Jaksch + Tuohy

Judd needs to have a solid year.. no need to break games open but be consistently good not consistently unbelievably good.

Gibbs needs to go up a level.

Our improvement will come from Cripps, Menzel, Buckley, Jaksch, Docherty, Jones improving and having solid seasons.

Luck with injury list is the be all and end all... Hawthorn and Sydney were almost at full strength where we had eight first team players out in the final rounds.

Think we can improve and move in between 6th-12th

Except the facts are there for all to see with Buckley, unlike your argument about "what ifs" with Richmond vs Sydney (which mind you still would have seen us above your team last year even if we had lost).

Collingwood should push for finals this year, they won't make it and Buckley will get sacked.
Buckley will not get sacked

..and round one we will show far from reality the Tigers really are.

Its so much fun giving them a reality check with a wet blanket like clockwork.

Family pets don't earn a wage.,

family pets dont by the pet membership which is not included in our membership count, just call the club and check. Mate, I know you are crying inside that your membership is so low that GWS and GCS are closing in on your heels but no need to rubbish the second highest membership club in the comp, its just not cricket :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buckley inherited a list that had just won a flag. The midfield you had was elite. Since then, the side has gone backwards under him, which is odd because for the most part you've had a relatively young best 22. Hardwick might not have the finals wins yet, but unlike Buckley, he inherited a crap list and has taken it forward, with an upward trend, rather than the other way round, Buckley inherited a great team and has lost it.
There were holes in the side and yes they have not been filled properly. The big difference is when Dimma took over the Tigs he could only go up where as bucks had a list that was about to go through a transition faze

Every club can blame injury if they want it gets you nowhere

The other thing to note (re the Richmond is mentally weak and was lucky to win 9 in a row discussion) is that there was a host of teams fighting it out for those last few spots in the 8. All of Gold Coast, Collingwood, West Coast, Adelaide, Essendon and ourselves fighting for 2 spots in the final 9 rounds.

At the end of round 14, Richmond sat equal bottom of the ladder (even Melbourne occupying a higher position on the ladder). Collingwood and Gold Coast both sat in the 8 at this stage.

In the final 9 rounds, this is the number of times one of those clubs occupied a spot in the 8 after the completion of a round.
  • Essendon 7
  • Gold Coast 2
  • Collingwood 4
  • Adelaide 3
  • West Coast 0 (despite finishing 9th)
  • Richmond 2
Further to that, here is the premiership points for each of these teams at the end of round 14
  • Essendon 28
  • Gold Coast 32
  • Collingwood 32
  • Adelaide 24
  • West Coast 24
  • Richmond 12
Next, the number of wins for each of the contending pack in those final 9 rounds.
  • Essendon 4 wins & 1 draw
  • Gold Coast 2 wins
  • Collingwood 3 wins
  • Adelaide 5 wins
  • West Coast 5 wins
  • Richmond 9 wins
So from those stats, there are a number of possible conclusion you can make is that in the final 9 rounds.

As has been pointed out already, Richmond beat a number of these teams (Essendon, Adelaide and West Coast) in head to head games with finals chances on the line and no room for error. The team came from a LONG way back to secure their spot in the 8 (despite it being a short lived finals series) and at the end of the day, were the best performed side of those 6 clubs in the run home. That being said, I don't think you can accuse the 'streak' as being a fluke or pure luck. Yes there were a few expected wins in there (St Kilda x 2, GWS and Brisbane the standouts) but the others were against aspiring finals sides as well as Sydney and Port.

Heck, to use your own words Seeds "Every club can blame injury if they want it gets you nowhere", then you could argue that Collingwood (and Gold Coast) were the mentally weakest teams in those rounds (ie when the season was on the line for these clubs) due to having the fewest wins when the pressure was ramped up. Further to that, both teams (interestingly) were holding onto the final 2 spots in the 8 and preceded to lose these by the conclusion of the H&A season so a cynic could suggest they waved the white flag so to speak.

P.S Yes, I am very well aware of the significant injuries both clubs had in the second half of the year - just making a point here mate.

As I said in an earlier post, I'd agree that the club has a lot to prove in September though. For us RFC fans, making finals these last 2 years has been great but now we want to see some wins too. Time will tell if we can do that or not.

Buckley will not get sacked
Assuming Collingwood don't make the 8 (I can't see it happening), if they don't get rid of Buckley they're set for years of mediocrity. You should take my word on this I'm a Richmond supporter, I know what years of mediocrity looks like :oops::cry::p
There were holes in the side and yes they have not been filled properly. The big difference is when Dimma took over the Tigs he could only go up where as bucks had a list that was about to go through a transition faze
Someone might want to tell Buckley that you're supposed to transition into a good team, not a bad one

View attachment 113684
Not even a dog would be dumb enough to get a carlton membership

Good-O we are finally catching up with the trends -- 80k memberships here we come.

Carlton Stomping Ground is Bendigo I guess a couple of fanatical Blues supporters that are farmers will sign up their animals and cattle as Blues members

Assuming Collingwood don't make the 8 (I can't see it happening), if they don't get rid of Buckley they're set for years of mediocrity. You should take my word on this I'm a Richmond supporter, I know what years of mediocrity looks like :oops::cry::p

Someone might want to tell Buckley that you're supposed to transition into a good team, not a bad one
Sometimes you need to lose a battle to win a war

Good-O we are finally catching up with the trends -- 80k memberships here we come.

Carlton Stomping Ground is Bendigo I guess a couple of fanatical Blues supporters that are farmers will sign up their animals and cattle as Blues members
It would probably raise the collective intelligence of the membership.

How do Carlton have 73% of the votes.. :S
They can't buy flags with their brown paper bags anymore, so they've resorted to buying Bigfooty polls:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back