Opinion Who will improve the most in 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

I like Kerridge, but he spent the season playing VB's run with role. VB is almost a certainty to take his spot back so where does he play, what role does he play and who misses out as a result?
Kerridge played the role far better than Van Berlo did in 2013 given he was actually stopping the players he was set to stop. If we decide to go with the run with role/tagger, then it's Kerridge's to lose rather than Van Berlo's imo (unless Walsh decides he'd rather use Kerridge in a different role).

Reckon Matt Crouch would be a fair chance to turn into a best 22 player for you blokes next year. Just strikes me as a solid type and will be getting to what 20yo next year? Sloane and Dangerfield obviously give him a hell of an umbrella to develop under as well....

Reckon Matt Crouch would be a fair chance to turn into a best 22 player for you blokes next year. Just strikes me as a solid type and will be getting to what 20yo next year? Sloane and Dangerfield obviously give him a hell of an umbrella to develop under as well....
Great call - I saw a fair amount of him last year and he's a very tidy package. I think there are aspects of his game that are better than his brothers so the development of both will be interesting.

Thanks for the contribution

Kerridge, Lynch and Crouch sn should take massive strives forward in their career next year.

If Lynch can play 22 rounds, hopefully he can kick 35 plus goals.
I don't expect Kerridge to stay as the run with player fot very long. I see him moving onto a wing or the other half forward line with Lynch.
and Crouch sn. will really develop into an elite clearance player and this will allow Dangerfield to become more of an outside player in 2015.
Kerridge has looked really dangerous in the past when he's playing up forward. Adding a guy who can potentially kick another 3-4 goals if he's on fire certainly can't hurt.

Also

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2014-11-10/man-in-the-middle

Smith wants to move into the midfield. We've been hearing that for the past 2-3 years, hopefully we get to see it in 2015.

Jaensch was on the cusp of being delisted at the end of 2013. He had an excellent 2014. I just think its a little unrealistic to expect the 2014 form to continue. I still think he'll be a regular member of the 22 though. Not everyone can improve is all.

Martin is in a similar situation, although I wouldn't call his 2014 'excellent'. I just don't think he's an AFL player and to be honest, I don't think we'll even see him selected in 2015 unless there's an injury crisis.

Wright might be a harsh call on my behalf, but I just think there's no real weapon there in his game. He's short, he's got no penetration on his kick, he refuses to move the ball quickly, and he's pretty slow. I think he'll be overtaken by Lyons, Kerridge and Grigg in the pecking order, and again, we might not see much of him in 2015.

I don't see these predictions as any more outlandish than some of the 'breakout' predictions. It's literally impossible for everyone on the entire list to either match their performance from the previous year or improve, and these are the three that stood out to me as most likely to regress (unless you count Scott Thompson and Brent Reilly who will also probably regress but that's just due to age and not worth talking about).

It was revealed to us at the end of 2013 that Matty Jaensch struggled with ongoing groin issues throughout the whole year. He promised fans that he would be working his arse off over the pre-season and hope to stay fit in the meantime.

He did and look at the results.... Highly doubt that he is just going to disappear into the wilderness now. I dont see why he can't continue to build on this form or at the least maintain his current output if no more injuries arise. Add to this the fact we are looking to improve our defence with the addition of Cheney and hopefully a ready to go Hartigan and I really cannot see why Jaensch can't improve also.

Martin on the other hand I agree with. Should really not be playing a game in 2015 unless injuries strike us down. Sando seemed to tend to the older more "experienced" players in 2014 and while Martin was 'okay,' we still have better players on our list that should be getting a game. Credit to the poor bloke for finally staying fit and being involved in a few great wins with the team, but I think this year he will be phased out, and it's harsh to say so but I hope this happens. Walsh may really like his team first attitude and hard working mentality, but when push comes to shove, Martin is a depth player at best and will most likely be delisted at the end of 2015 when his 1 year extension is up. Was good cover while we were struggling with having no high round draft picks coming intot he club, but at the age of 27, it's time to start looking towards the future and really, players like Grigg/Atkins/Junior/Kerridge should have been getting games.

Wright I believe we should keep. He would turn out to be a very handy depth player and could player a variety of roles. Is floating around our best 22-25 at the moment, but in a trade I dont think we will receive all that much for him, it's a buyers market. Wont hurt to keep him around as the best clubs in the league are all known to have great depth. He is still young also and who knows, maybe he could further improve back to that 2012 form under Walsh?

Reckon Matt Crouch strikes me most as a little Jobe Watson, just seem to be similar in so many areas. Although I really don't see many things wrong with it, lets hope Crouchy can improve his kicking like Jobe did throughout his career, would be a huge plus.

I am hoping that guys with AFL weapons succeed and continue to grow and improve, therefore improving our best 22. The guys I am particularly focusing on are Lyons, Grigg and Kerridge I realise the Crouch brothers will probably end up as better overall but these three need to push out Martin, Jaensch and possibly Wright.

Lyons will take mark of the year and provide midfield grunt plus forward line polish, Grigg moving into Paul Bagshaw's number will continue the class and delivery and Kerridge will be a guy who can provide spark in a number of positions - I think {hope} they will flourish under Walsh, you can almost feel it in the interviews already!

I am hoping that guys with AFL weapons succeed and continue to grow and improve, therefore improving our best 22. The guys I am particularly focusing on are Lyons, Grigg and Kerridge I realise the Crouch brothers will probably end up as better overall but these three need to push out Martin, Jaensch and possibly Wright.

Lyons will take mark of the year and provide midfield grunt plus forward line polish, Grigg moving into Paul Bagshaw's number will continue the class and delivery and Kerridge will be a guy who can provide spark in a number of positions - I think {hope} they will flourish under Walsh, you can almost feel it in the interviews already!

I'd like to think of Griggy as Michael Aish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing wrong with left footers
Nope need more. Bit defensive there? I'm a leftie to a degree. I ripped all my ligaments in my left ankle when I was 8 and switched to right. Then again I bowled left arm and batted right in cricket. Definitely can't make up my bloody mind :p

Nope need more. Bit defensive there? I'm a leftie to a degree. I ripped all my ligaments in my left ankle when I was 8 and switched to right. Then again I bowled left arm and batted right in cricket. Definitely can't make up my bloody mind :p

Don't worry. Left in footy & cricket. Played tennis right-handed & write with my write hand.

I'd like to think of Griggy as Michael Aish.

I think like the great Paul Bagshaw that Grigg has the potential to slow time, he seems to be one of those rare players that although not lightning quick always has time to make a decision, so it's a bit of an omen he has the number 8!

I think like the great Paul Bagshaw that Grigg has the potential to slow time, he seems to be one of those rare players that although not lightning quick always has time to make a decision, so it's a bit of an omen he has the number 8!

Time travel on the footy field.

I havent kept up with the news, has anything developed out of him training at st kilda? have they announced any intent yet?

I don't believe so. St. Kilda are probably waiting for the rookie draft to grab him (if they want him)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back