List Mgmt. Who will replace Glass as captain?

Who should captain the Eagles post Darren Glass

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Big Cox 88

Cancelled
Low Carb High Fat - Acolyte
Apr 1, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
AC Milan, Chelsea
Simple question but leadership options are fairly weak. It seems the club are looking at Priddis, Selwood, EMac and Kennedy as options. However, Priddis is getting on and in some peoples opinion, lucky to be getting a game. Selwood is terribly out of form, as is Kennedy. Eric Mackenzie is a good option, however is he vocal enough and strong enough to lead the eagles. It will be a tough transition for the club, maybe youngsters like Darling or Shuey could be given the chance to groom their young team-mates.

Eagles brethren on bigfooty, who would thou choose?

Hurn is a good choice, I hit enter before I could edit the poll to add him. Sorry Mods, please add Hurn if possible.

JK is too far out of form and has a tendency to go missing when he's not playing well. Outside of 2013 he will generally have about half a dozen games a season where he has single digits for disposals. Most concerning is this year he has already had 6 single digit disposal games (out of 10 games).... As a comparison since his second season Nick Riewoldt has had 11 single digit disposals games for the remainder of his career. Johnathon Brown is another key forward captain who like Riewoldt impacts a game week in week out. Whilst there is no doubt JK's best is as good as any key forward in the game, when he's not having a great game he tends to become invisible. You can't have that in a captain IMO. Riewoldt and Brown - aside from having great leadership skills - will almost always have an impact on the game even when not at their best.

I'd like to see the club take a bit of a punt and put Darling there for the remainder of the season. If he steps up it could be his for a decade. If it proves too much then you revisit the captaincy in the off season and maybe look to Darling when he is 24/25 or a bit older.

E-mac is the other candidate but I'd like to see the club move it to someone up the field. Glass was the perfect man for the job when he got it, and whilst saving games is just as crucial as winning games, I think it's time to move the captaincy tag to a guy who plays a role that is going to win us games.

If it were to go to JD he would need some very solid leadership around him in the vice captaincy roles - the likes of Hurn, Cox and E-mac.

I certainly wouldn't want anyone in the midfield to take it over. Talk about reward for mediocrity.

Last year I would of said between Kennedy and Scooter.

I have no idea now.. I don't see Hurn as a captain? maybe I'm missing something.

Hurn has always been a leader and captained his state under 18 side.

Not needed - FS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Scooter might want to demonstrate he deserves to be in the team long-term before even being considered for captain.
Priddis: See my thoughts on the Priddis thread. Short version: Definitely, definitely not.
Darling: Not sure if he's the best leader and has still got lot's to learn.
Kennedy: I like him as a leader, worried about his form but wouldn't be the worst choice.
MacKenzie: Not a bad choice.
Hurn: Should be the captain. Experienced, and a good level head.

Priddis is the only guy who consistently gives it 100% every single week.
He leads by example with heart, looking at this list left as a whole, he's one of the few guys that I think deserve it.

Beau Waters is too injury prone, he'd be my other choice.

I'm sick of all this Priddis bashing s**t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nick Nat or Hurn. Nick Nat is the only one capable of lifting the team. No one is really a standout at the moment which is a bit sad:cry:

Priddis is the only guy who consistently gives it 100% every single week.
He leads by example with heart, looking at this list left as a whole, he's one of the few guys that I think deserve it.

Beau Waters is too injury prone, he'd be my other choice.

I'm sick of all this Priddis bashing s**t.
By all means give it someone that is close to the end of their career.

Give it him so we can continue being 'good corporate citizens'.

Make someone in charge that has led our midfield to be a vanilla joke for 8 years.

Give it to someone that has no positional flexibility and has cost players their career's because he Ebert's them.

Give it someone that inspires confidence and butchers the ball routinely, someone that can't man up and dwaddles from contest to contest to zoning off.

Give it someone that's a s**t stain on our club.

I vote for NOT SELWOOD.

Agree with Naitanui or Hurn. Possibly Priddis in the short term, as in for the rest of this year or until the end of 2015 maximum.

Make someone in charge that has led our midfield to be a vanilla joke for 8 years.

Give it to someone that has no positional flexibility and has cost players their career's because he Ebert's them.

Give it someone that inspires confidence and butchers the ball routinely, someone that can't man up and dwaddles from contest to contest to zoning off.

That last sentence of yours there is ******* pathetic, pull ya ******* head in!

The only reason I'd agree with him not being Captain is he fact he is getting too long in the tooth.
I don't give a * about a 'good corporate citizen', he goes in harder than just about anyone else on our team.

Lack of flexibility - Yes, has nothing to do with being a leader.
To be a leader doesn't mean you have to be the best player, given the faults he has, he's still a good player.

I can't believe a true supporter would call any of our players a s**t stain no matter how much you dislike them..It just doesn't sit well with me.

Hurn is a good choice, I hit enter before I could edit the poll to add him. Sorry Mods, please add Hurn if possible.

Done

I'm getting thoroughly sick of that phrase being used. It's a distasteful description in general and wholly unfair in relation to someone who, whether you like it or not, is a life member and club champion.

No more thanks.

I guess the other is Hurn. Needs to be edited so all the votes for Other are Hurn votes.

Back