Who will step up for your club in 2015?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeo.

Capture_zps5386626f.jpg

Don't know whether its a step up, but Bellchambers season was effectively wrecked, if he gets back up its effectively a new ruckman for us.

I expect Daniher and Carlisle to both increase their outputs next year, second half of the year very encouraging.

And bit of a smoky, but I reckon Gleeson will be a lock in the 22 by years end and should pick up a Rising Star nod.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2015 will surely be Tom Mitchell's year to play a full season in the seniors. At least we're hoping.

If Zak Jones has a full pre-season, he'll have a very good shot at either replacing Nick Malceski in the back line or taking Rhyce Shaw's position. He could play a full season very easily next year. Coaches love him to death.

This one is a little speculative, almost all Swans fans are hoping Sam Reid is shifted to CHB next year and that he'll improve his output. He certainly looks more comfortable in the back line than next to Franklin, Tippett and Goodes. Ted Richards needs some weight taken off his shoulders and if he can be shifted to 3rd tall defender with Grundy taking the best forwards, it'd be ideal for Reid to slot into CHB.

2015 will surely be Tom Mitchell's year to play a full season in the seniors. At least we're hoping.

If Zak Jones has a full pre-season, he'll have a very good shot at either replacing Nick Malceski in the back line or taking Rhyce Shaw's position. He could play a full season very easily next year. Coaches love him to death.

This one is a little speculative, almost all Swans fans are hoping Sam Reid is shifted to CHB next year and that he'll improve his output. He certainly looks more comfortable in the back line than next to Franklin, Tippett and Goodes. Ted Richards needs some weight taken off his shoulders and if he can be shifted to 3rd tall defender with Grundy taking the best forwards, it'd be ideal for Reid to slot into CHB.
On Reid, i think he could be a great CHB.

So Grundy becomes the number 1 defender, Reid the number 2, and Richards the number 3 to release Rampe into Malceski's flank?

Pre-reinjury I's have said Trengove, but that now seems unlikely. I'd expect Jimmy Toumpas to really step it up next year and show some potential. Hopefully he can keep at full fitness for once and get his running game back.

I'm also hoping Dom Tyson steps up to become a genuine A-lister.

Back-ups are Jacks Fitzpatrick and Viney.

On Reid, i think he could be a great CHB.

So Grundy becomes the number 1 defender, Reid the number 2, and Richards the number 3 to release Rampe into Malceski's flank?

Quite possibly. Rampe has become a very solid 3rd tall but is very versatile. His defensive ability is really good already for a 2nd year (albeit 24 yo) player. He can take a Hayden Ballantyne or play tall on a Jack Gnston or Jack Riewoldt. He's done both and done both well. He's slowly improving his rebounding and decision making coming out of the back line too.

He came top 10 in our B&F this year so it wouldn't surprise me to see the coaches stick with what they have for the beginning of the season anyway.

I think Andrew Moore will step up next year.

He was a high draft pick, is great on the inside, has good overall skills.

Dominates in the local competition, however seems a bit tepid on the national stage.

A big preseason and a bit of tough love from Kern should see the lad start to hit his straps in the AFL next season.

That is what is called a coincidence, given Yeo only averages 2.5 clearances a game, putting him equal 126th for clearances.
Incorrect. He has a huge impact on our clearances.

Averages don't tell the whole story either because he was mostly played in defence. I don't have access to the stats at the moment, but from memory he was the leading clearance winner in his last few games before getting injured.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back