Who will step up for your club in 2015?

Remove this Banner Ad

Super Crouch Bros., Grigg, Jenkins, Cameron, and Hartigan all need to step up if the crows are to seriously compete next year.

I think we will see a lot from these names.

Marcus_Bontempelli-628.jpg

Incorrect. He has a huge impact on our clearances.

Averages don't tell the whole story either because he was mostly played in defence. I don't have access to the stats at the moment, but from memory he was the leading clearance winner in his last few games before getting injured.
He got 4 full games where he spent larger patches there. He averaged 5 clearances and 11 contested possessions in that time. Round 23 he was the sub, played 1/3 of the game and had 3 clearances and 6 contested possessions.

Joe Daniher! This year will be the first year Essendon will have a player kick 40+ goals in a long time. :p

2015 will surely be Tom Mitchell's year to play a full season in the seniors. At least we're hoping.

If Zak Jones has a full pre-season, he'll have a very good shot at either replacing Nick Malceski in the back line or taking Rhyce Shaw's position. He could play a full season very easily next year. Coaches love him to death.

This one is a little speculative, almost all Swans fans are hoping Sam Reid is shifted to CHB next year and that he'll improve his output. He certainly looks more comfortable in the back line than next to Franklin, Tippett and Goodes. Ted Richards needs some weight taken off his shoulders and if he can be shifted to 3rd tall defender with Grundy taking the best forwards, it'd be ideal for Reid to slot into CHB.

This was pretty much my exact answer to a tee. 3, 2, 1 of 3. Mitchell, 2. Jones, 1. Reid (in his new role at CHB). Also quite hopeful on Gary Rohan because he's a good kid and deserves a break (pun intended). If Jetta can play deeper and find the sticks again he can hopefully get closer to his 2012 output as well. Tippett also might finally play more than half a season.

Lycett for us hasn't even come close to hitting his ceiling and is very skilled and mobile for a big guy capable of kicking 30+ goals imo

and im going for sheed to break out and cement a starting 22 birth

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This was his fourth year. But I agree he is the one for me who will step up, which shouldn't be a huge stretch given how poor his year was this year.
Thankfully got his shoulder fixed (hasn't played 50 games yet) and can play as the third rather than second forward with Waite and the development of Brown. Needs a big pre-season and model his game on Riedwoldt's based on workrate around the ground.

Menzel, Buckley, Cripps, Docherty, Casboult

Reckon Rowe + Yarran can take their game another level.

Menzel, Buckley, Cripps, Docherty, Casboult

Reckon Rowe + Yarran can take their game another level.
I can see Menzel, Cripps, Buckley and Casboult taking the next step, not so sure about Rowe and Yarran.

Hartlett, Loved the way he finished this year just want him to dominate a season... it's time

Young players: Aaron Young, Andrew Moore looking forward to see what Voss can bring out in these two, Young is unpolished but there is just something about him he could really blossom into a fine footballer.

From our club I think will hoskin-Elliot really started to gain confidence. Once he gets a few more kgs, he is going to be so hard to stop. He's got elite endurance and speed and can take hangars regularly. He could run amok in our forward line.

Honestly I reckon Ben Brown could turn into an absolute star of the game or just fade into obscurity.
If he can retain the form he displayed in this years finals series and continues to develop will be a star.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back