Competitions Who will the club select at pick 14

Remove this Banner Ad

With us doing the deal with Geelong...is it possible that the deal was done with a guarantee from Geelong that they wont take a specific player...lets say Lever?? Or would that be draft tampering.

Last year WCE traded pick 6 and 44 for collingwoods 11,31 and 49 giving collingwood 2 picks before WC, North with a F/S, Brisbane and Melbourne, WC wanted Dom Sheed he suited their needs and was the best of the available talent from WA expected to go top 10, slid from the top 10 to their pick 11, there's no way they they would have done that trade without knowing Dom Sheed wasn't going to be taken by Collingwood.

I think the club saw WC and Collingwood do it last year and thought we can do the same.

It's only tampering if you tell them not to pick player X, it's not tampering if you ask them who they would take if they had your pick. The clubs have revolving 15min meetings in trade week, so the meet with each club multiple times a day.

Meeting 1:

Crows: "who do you think you would take if you had our pick? just out of curiosity"
Geelong: "we like the look of {who ever the crows want}"
Crows: "hey us too what a co-incidence!, anyway talk to you next meeting"

Meeting 2:

Crows: "who do you think you would take if you had our pick? just out of curiosity"
Geelong: "not interested in {who ever the crows want} that's for sure"
Crows: "interested in trading 10 for 14?"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boffo .....are you going to put in your best guess for who you think we will actually get.

OK.

Not including those certain to be gone by pick #14 I think we'd rank them like this, and take whoever is left at the top of our ranking.

Mids (must have a weapon, i.e. elite kick or pace, lefty gets a few bonus points - don't need an inside mid)

1. Duggan, left foot elite kick
2. Weller, elite kick
3. Menadue, explosive
4. Cockatoo, explosive,
5. Garlett, ultra quick
6. Ellis, elite left kick

Talls

1. Lever
2. Goddard
3. Wright
4. Durdin
5. Marchbank
6. McDonald

Best guess, at #14 they are likely to have available either Weller or Durdin at the top of their lists, and would take Weller. (Unfortunately Duggan will probably be gone).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back