Who will the Witts/Grundy combo go past this year 2015 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

According to a poster on Nicks, this season the rucks will be coached by Rocca and, wait for it..... Rendell!

I believe Rendell was a handy ruck man back in the day, so it's not as left field as some may think.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but the fact this is even a rumour shows how few people in the game can really claim to have expert knowledge of ruck work these days.

Rocca was also a good craftsman in the ruck. He just rarely played there because he was too important for us in the forward line.

And puffed harder than Puffing Billy after each spell in the ruck. Made me feel tired just watching him, doubled over and sucking all the air out of the stadium.

I agree that he was a useful ruck though.

As Collingwood supporters we are told by ignorant opposition supporters that our rucks are bad and that we need to recruit some good ruckmen. As Collingwood supporters we also know that we have the most talented young ruck duo going around and it is just a matter of time before they go past most ruck combos In the league.

So who do we get to laugh at this year as our ruck combo soundly thump their weak and decrepit ruckmen? Which ruck combos will fall to the future legendary partnership in 2015? Who can still take them out in 2015 or break even with them? Only the deep questions asked on the Collingwood board.
e

Interesting and complicated question.

FIrst of all, you have to work out whether the two will be playing in the same team, although I suppose if one is playing VFL then a comparison can be made with their performance last year.

Then you have to take the remainder of the 17 clubs and do an assessment of their possibilities. This could be 3 for each club so that would be around 50 assessments of the opposition ruck combinations.

Then you have to make a criteria for doing the assessments ...

It could be a few days work...

Or you could guess...

This is how I see it at the moment.

1. Sandi/Clarke
2. Lobbe/Ryder
3. Naitanui/Sinclair
4. McEvoy/Hale
5. Jacobs/Jenkins
6. Goldstein/whoever
7. Maric/Vickery
8. Pyke/Tippet
9. Mumford/whoever
10. Minson/Roughead
11. Luenberger/Martin
12. Smith/Dixon
13. Bellchambers/whoever
14. Witts/Grundy
15. Hickey/Longer
16. Jamar/Gawn
17. Kruezer/Wood
18. Blicavs/Simpson

This is how I see it at the moment.

1. Sandi/Clarke
2. Lobbe/Ryder
3. Naitanui/Sinclair
4. McEvoy/Hale
5. Jacobs/Jenkins
6. Goldstein/whoever
7. Maric/Vickery
8. Pyke/Tippet
9. Mumford/whoever
10. Minson/Roughead
11. Luenberger/Martin
12. Smith/Dixon
13. Bellchambers/whoever
14. Witts/Grundy
15. Hickey/Longer
16. Jamar/Gawn
17. Kruezer/Wood
18. Blicavs/Simpson
I have them at a similar level. Perhaps going as high as 12 on your list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back