Who will win your clubs 2014 Best & Fairest?

Remove this Banner Ad

My take (I know the OP said 'own team' but I thought I'd give all teams a crack)

Adelaide - Sloane (considered Dangerfield - toss up really)
Brisbane - Rockliff
Carlton - Gibbs (Yarren not without a chance but Gibbs is playing the best football of his career)
Collingwood - Pendlebury
Essendon - Heppell (Outstanding season. Would have him at the Hawks sans hairstyle)
Fremantle - Struggling with this one - Fyfe?
Geelong - Johnson (Selwood probably but Johnson having one of his best)
Gold Coast- Ablett (Even missing all the games he has/will)
Greater Western Sydney- Shiel (I really like the look of him. I'm looking forward to him in the Mighty Brown and Gold next year)
Hawthorn - Lewis (I'd love Gunston to win but Lewis is having a season out of the box)
Melbourne - Jones
North Melbourne - Harvey (Incredible if he does. I don't like the bloke and hope he doesn't break Tucky's record but his season has been incredible)
Port Adelaide - Wingard? (I'm not sure on this one)
Richmond - I can't think of anyone to be honest. If I chucked up a name it'd be Cotchin but it's a guess
St Kilda - Riewoldt.
Sydney - Buddy (I still love you Bud)
West Coast - Not sure. I haven't seen much of WC this year. Heard good things about Naitanui but I don't know
Footscray - Same as WC. I really like what I've seen of Liberatore, Wallis and Dahlhaus though I haven't seen much of them to be sure

Would be shocked if Rowe placed ahead of Murphy, Yarran, Henderson, Simpson and Everitt.

AFLCA votes (Carlton players only)

Gibbs - 44
Murphy - 36
Yarran - 26
Henderson - 25
Simpson - 18
Everitt - 13

Walker, Robinson, Judd, Casboult and Mclean have received more votes than Rowe.
I see that he obviously does not poll well but hey, he gets my vote!!

My take (I know the OP said 'own team' but I thought I'd give all teams a crack)

Hawthorn - Lewis (I'd love Gunston to win but Lewis is having a season out of the box)

Yeah, there's no other obvious candidate, is there?

What's your first, second and third? I'd guess Lewis, Breust then Gunston. Hill might have been in the running if not for the last few weeks.

Brisbane - Rockliff
Carlton - Gibbs (Yarren not without a chance but Gibbs is playing the best football of his career)
Collingwood - Pendlebury
Essendon - Heppell (Outstanding season. Would have him at the Hawks sans hairstyle)
Greater Western Sydney- Shiel (I really like the look of him. I'm looking forward to him in the Mighty Brown and Gold next year)
Melbourne - Jones
North Melbourne - Harvey (Incredible if he does. I don't like the bloke and hope he doesn't break Tucky's record but his season has been incredible)
Richmond - I can't think of anyone to be honest. If I chucked up a name it'd be Cotchin but it's a guess
St Kilda - Riewoldt.
West Coast - Not sure. I haven't seen much of WC this year. Heard good things about Naitanui but I don't know
Footscray - Same as WC. I really like what I've seen of Liberatore, Wallis and Dahlhaus though I haven't seen much of them to be sure

The interesting one with Ablett will be how the Suns do there voting? some clubs give players a rating for each game so is virtually impossible to win it if you miss more than 3 or 4 games, if its done in the traditional way of 3,2,1 or 5,4,3,2,1 then he probably will win.

Yeah, there's no other obvious candidate, is there?

What's your first, second and third? I'd guess Lewis, Breust then Gunston. Hill might have been in the running if not for the last few weeks.

That's a good three and quite possible.
I reckon Lewis and Gunston are the standouts. Add Bruest and Hill a tab below for me.
Everyone else has played their part and had some cameo's (some only due to injury) but those 4 have held a consistent high standard all season

Hodge has been a funny one for me. Played his role and done it well (very well) but has done some shocking and very un-like Hodge things. I hope it's not 'old man time' catching up with him.

The interesting one with Ablett will be how the Suns do there voting? some clubs give players a rating for each game so is virtually impossible to win it if you miss more than 3 or 4 games, if its done in the traditional way of 3,2,1 or 5,4,3,2,1 then he probably will win.

Good call. So assuming that's the case who wins in his absence?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbane - Rockliff
Collingwood - Pendlebury
Melbourne - Jones
St Kilda - Riewoldt.

Interestingly enough with Johnson, even in his outstanding years, tends to get a bit of a rough trot in the B&F. Wasn't even top 10 last year and I don't think he's ever been top 5. Geelong's voting rewards consistency and Hawkins has been doing it week-in/week-out. Wouldn't be surprised if Rivers polls very well too.

That's a good three and quite possible.
I reckon Lewis and Gunston are the standouts. Add Bruest and Hill a tab below for me.
Everyone else has played their part and had some cameo's (some only due to injury) but those 4 have held a consistent high standard all season

Hodge has been a funny one for me. Played his role and done it well (very well) but has done some shocking and very un-like Hodge things. I hope it's not 'old man time' catching up with him.

Yeah, Hodge has done both great and woeful things. I'd be shocked if he was in contention for our B&F. Lewis is the standout performer. It would be good to see him get his first B&F for the club. I've been a big fan of his for ages.

Good call. So assuming that's the case who wins in his absence?

Prestia or Swallow presumably. I believe Gold Coast's system allows for an unlimited number of players to receive up to 20 votes each game. So whether Ablett is overtaken would depend on a) how many more games the Suns win; and b) how generous they are with their votes.

Interestingly enough with Johnson, even in his outstanding years, tends to get a bit of a rough trot in the B&F. Wasn't even top 10 last year and I don't think he's ever been top 5. Geelong's voting rewards consistency and Hawkins has been doing it week-in/week-out. Wouldn't be surprised if Rivers polls very well too.

I didn't know that.
From my point of view I reckon this has been Johnsons best year. I'm very surprised he hasn't been in the top 5 ever but I suppose your team has been so strong for so long it's hard to break into that.

Rivers has been quality. There was a time when he was still at Melbourne that I thought we should look at picking him up, then he kinda just went off the boil a bit I guess and under the radar maybe.
Playing for you, perhaps he isn't so exposed considering the players around him but I think he is close to playing, if not, his best football as a quality, dependable and reliable backman. You know what you're going to get with no fuss. I'm thinking a better Zac Dawson

Hayden 'Ballas' Ballantyne is in with a very good shot, although I'm not sure if the B&F takes into account the F these days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back