Who wins it? The 2015 flag

Remove this Banner Ad

I think a west Aussie side will win the flag ...not sure which one ...it changes

You mean the Geelong side that was on the verge of a dynasty? You should've beaten WCE on their own turf, you were always going to do them over on the MCG. The majority of the media, the bookies and the general public were of the opinion of that Sydney were going to win it, and to no surprise, they did. I'm sorry you couldn't see it coming.
You have absolutely no idea - both Sydney v WCE games for quite some time were only separated by a few points each time they played each other so don't know where you get your information from - must be looking in the wrong place!!

You have absolutely no idea - both Sydney v WCE games for quite some time were only separated by a few points each time they played each other so don't know where you get your information from - must be looking in the wrong place!!
that was the start of the close games though. The qualifying final in 2005. On Grand Final day, leading up to the bounce, the Swans did start favourites. Extra days rest, good form and really did only lose the qualifying final thanks to us getting some dubious free kicks that led to goals { Stenglein } and we were missing our two leading goal kickers for the season in Phillip Matera and Q Lynch.

I keep thinking that we need to win that first PF to have a shot. If we go down first week (most likley) the Hawk's finals run would look like this: Perth - Melbourne - Perth - Melbourne

That probable Perth QF would be tough.
Wouldn't rule out a champion team like your lot even after a loss first up. Lions, Swans, Eagles in 2003, 05 and 06 all lost first up in the finals yet won the big dance weeks later. Crows in 98 too. Hawks are well equipped than anyone to taste defeat yet get back up off the canvas and reign supreme.

Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis, holy *!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't rule out a champion team like your lot even after a loss first up. Lions, Swans, Eagles in 2003, 05 and 06 all lost first up in the finals yet won the big dance weeks later. Crows in 98 too. Hawks are well equipped than anyone to taste defeat yet get back up off the canvas and reign supreme.

Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis, holy ****!

Lions, Swans and Eagles are all interstate teams used to travelling. Hawks aren't.

Lions, Swans and Eagles are all interstate teams used to travelling. Hawks aren't.
Doesn't matter imo. They've played in the last 3 grand finals and have been clearly the best in recent times. They can win anywhere, against anyone, in any way.

Can never count out a champion.

Geelong had your team's measure for a long, long time. How'd that work out in the end?
The difference being that in that streak of 11 wins, they often got us by a couple of points or came from behind. We were in winning positions in all but 1 game.

Free vs Hawthorn has often been a blowout of recent times. Not to say you couldn't win, as our H&A match showed last year, just that the comparison is not at all similar .

The difference being that in that streak of 11 wins, they often got us by a couple of points or came from behind. We were in winning positions in all but 1 game.

Free vs Hawthorn has often been a blowout of recent times. Not to say you couldn't win, as our H&A match showed last year, just that the comparison is not at all similar .

Last game in Tasmania was a blow out. Game prior, Fremantle convincingly won at Subiaco.

Prelim in Perth thanks. That would mean they are on their second trip to Perth in three weeks and playing their third final in a row.
and you'll both smash the crap out of each other - then have to back up the next week.
while west coast have the good luck to know even if they lose they week one they get to stay home for two more games. first isn't any advantage over second at all in the modern final 8 system - if anything it's a disadvantage. might explain why more premiers come from second.

Still smug and reeking of arrogance. I've seen more than glimpses of what bottom 10 teams can do to you. And your recent form is anything but scary.

BTW, nice join date - bandwagoner.
Yeah I'm a bandwagoner because I joined this forum last year, what have I heard. You want all my signed jumpers? I have a Trent Croad one you might like :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back