Who won’t have a full pre-season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 13, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
geelong
We really need something that we have not had for a few years this summer ,an awesome pre-season.

As thing stand who will not be ready for day 1 of pre-season ?

christianson ?
johnson ?
vardy ?
simpson ?
mcintosh ?
menzel ?

This is just such an important topic and is something we all need to pray for every single night

Wasn't the idea of Menzel pulling the pin on a potential comeback during the season because of knee tendonitis so he had a chance of recovery in time to do a full (or near full) pre-season?

Motlop might be one who is out for a bit depending on his ankle/knee/shin or whatever it is that is wrong and has stopped him from playing at 100% over the past 4-6 weeks.

Selwood may need shoulder surgery - carried the best part of 20 teammates during 2 weeks of finals, so might need to strengthen up during the off season in preparation to do the same next year.

Wasn't the idea of Menzel pulling the pin on a potential comeback during the season because of knee tendonitis so he had a chance of recovery in time to do a full (or near full) pre-season?

Motlop might be one who is out for a bit depending on his ankle/knee/shin or whatever it is that is wrong and has stopped him from playing at 100% over the past 4-6 weeks.

Selwood may need shoulder surgery - carried the best part of 20 teammates during 2 weeks of finals, so might need to strengthen up during the off season in preparation to do the same next year.

Reckon Selwood will more likely be needing back surgery......it's the 'in' thing at the GFC atm, his carried the club on it as you said, AND he's got everyone outside the GFC on it too :( :mad:

Reckon Selwood will more likely be needing back surgery......it's the 'in' thing at the GFC atm, his carried the club on it as you said, AND he's got everyone outside the GFC on it too :( :mad:

Not getting any easier for the skipper either. He's a fair chance to be carrying the weight of 'Charlie' around his neck after next Monday night as well.;)

Which will have even more of the disenchanted from across the footy world jumping on his back and giving him a serve.

Yet another 'burden' that he'll carry with distinction and class.:thumbsu:

He's simply too good for his own good.:D

Not getting any easier for the skipper either. He's a fair chance to be carrying the weight of 'Charlie' around his neck after next Monday night as well.;)

Which will have even more of the disenchanted from across the footy world jumping on his back and giving him a serve.

Yet another 'burden' that he'll carry with distinction and class.:thumbsu:

He's simply too good for his own good.:D

Yes, yes, yes and yes!

This is just such an important topic and is something we all need to pray for every single night

Dear God

Do I pray for everybody to live happy lives ?
Do I pray for world peace ?
Do I pray that those mothertruckers Isis get the s**t blown out of them ?

Nah screw it,can I pray that every Geelong player has an awesome pre-season ?.......even Billie Smedts

Cheers JUBJUB

P.S sorry about the foul language Friday night"

:D

Dear God

Nah screw it,can I pray that every Geelong player has an awesome pre-season ?.......even Billie Smedts

Cheers JUBJUB

Doubtful. They pray to the same god.

We really need something that we have not had for a few years this summer ,an awesome pre-season.

As thing stand who will not be ready for day 1 of pre-season ?

christianson ?
johnson ?
vardy ?
simpson ?
mcintosh ?
menzel ?

Sorry, any reason why Vardy and Menzel (in particular) won't be ready for day 1?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry, any reason why Vardy and Menzel (in particular) won't be ready for day 1?

Vardy's might depend on how his knee has pulled up during recovery - they might decide that due to his history of injury concerns that it is better to have him on a restricted or limited pre-season schedule early and ramp up his training prior to Christmas to see how he then pulls up with a break and then really go for it after that break if he is able to.

Great post!

From all things I heard during the year both Menzel and Cowan were ready to commence off season programs at the end of the season.

Vardy was still working on getting his skin folds down from an Eastern European induced 88 to a playing level 55. He was high 60's last I heard.

As for the knee it was "going well" and on target schedule wise. Where that target put him for preseason participation Im not sure.

I would expect with the recovery time between now and preseason starting that both Bundy and Daws would be right - I am only basing that not he amount of time taken for their previous recoveries from their previous issues.

Of course, all or none of this could eventuate. We are due for a lighter year with injury and here's hoping its 2015.

Go Catters

Dear God

Cheers JUBJUB

:D
Everybody "worships" something/someone. So yeah, it might show some slightly skewed priorities. :)

Of course, God can handle quite a few things at once I'm told; so why not have a go at praying them all? He can probably handle it, being God and all.

Of course, he may not answer them all the way we think he should. Isa 55:8. ;)

Everybody "worships" something/someone. So yeah, it might show some slightly skewed priorities. :)

Of course, God can handle quite a few things at once I'm told; so why not have a go at praying them all? He can probably handle it, being God and all.

Of course, he may not answer them all the way we think he should. Isa 55:8. ;)

No we don't.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back