Who won’t have a full pre-season?

Remove this Banner Ad

It was reported yesterday that Menzel and Vardy will be ok for day one of pre-season.
Johnson won't be, but will be in full training before Christmas.

Simpson, Christensen and Motlop are the ones I'm not sure about. The first two have had surgery and Motlop may require it.

Mitch Brown says Hi:D

This is intentional stupidity on your part, or what you think is clever trolling?

Find me a statement where I say ANY PLAYER will definitely make it. Take as long as you want. Otherwise, retract it and say "s**t, maybe I got that wrong".

Every opinion on every player I have is tentative, and subject to revision. Goes from Selwood and Hawkins and Taylor, all the way down to Walker and Brown and Vardy. As soon as a large enough dataset is available (i.e. games) that a player is crap, and absolutely useless at senior level, I'll drop them faster than BigFooty posters drop commonsense and reasoning.

anyone know about simpson ?
Will have a really long rehab. Spoke to HMc of all people while we were stuck at the airport for different reasons. Said this being DS's 3rd back surgery, it'll be really thorough rehab, and slowly, slowly.
Unfortunately another year w/o a preseason for DS.

Btw, H's knee is good.

you worship negativity and misery Partridge...

It could also be termed reality as well.

If we win the flag, we can correctly surmise that we're the best at everything. We've had 3 straight years of underwhelming finals performances, despite many promises to the contrary beforehand. Maybe, just maybe, the club should perhaps try and learn a thing or two off other clubs that right now are clearly superior.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we win the flag, we can correctly surmise that we're the best at everything. We've had 3 straight years of underwhelming finals performances, despite many promises to the contrary beforehand. Maybe, just maybe, the club should perhaps try and learn a thing or two off other clubs that right now are clearly superior.
just having a joke mate...

Often agree with you, but imho, we are guilty of OVER achievement in h & a this year, and were very fortunate to play in 2 finals, and who promised what?
CS repeatedly said we've been declared as rubbish all year by just about all the experts, and yet there we were again 17-5.
Overachievement syndrome giving (some) false expectations?
What we can learn from the more successful teams is that their players played better in September, were fitter and available when it counted. We fell off late this year, with injuries, form, and for many of our players, just a combo of attrition- many years in finals, AND unfortunate timing. Unavoidable in this survival of the fittest comp.
I have a sneaking suspicion, Hawthorn are about to experience that same fate. Yet if they DO win the flag, they truly are awesome.

Often agree with you, but imho, we are guilty of OVER achievement in h & a this year, and were very fortunate to play in 2 finals, and who promised what?
CS repeatedly said we've been declared as rubbish all year by just about all the experts, and yet there we were again 17-5.
What we can learn from the more successful teams is that their players played better in September, were fitter and available when it counted. We fell off late this year, with injuries, form, and for many of our players, just a combo of attrition- many years in finals, AND unfortunate timing. Unavoidable in this survival of the fittest comp.
I have a sneaking suspicion, Hawthorn are about to experience that same fate. Yet if they DO win the flag, they truly are awesome.
Wash your mouth out

Chris Scott promised we would be playing better football late in the year. Several times. Whoops.

Overachievement is finishing 1st for 10 years in a row; it isn't winning 1 out of 6 finals in the last 3 years. Not by a long shot.

I just hope that the club goes conservative - by which I mean, if they think a player might need a particular procedure/rest/whatever, do it now. We have a bad history of trying to avoid things like this and then getting to a point where it has to happen anyway and stuffing up our preparation.

As Port have ably demonstrated, elite fitness can turn a younger list into a contender.

Will have a really long rehab. Spoke to HMc of all people while we were stuck at the airport for different reasons. Said this being DS's 3rd back surgery, it'll be really thorough rehab, and slowly, slowly.
Unfortunately another year w/o a preseason for DS.

Btw, H's knee is good.

They have to seriously consider his future now, if they weren't already.

Sometimes it is better to think more about what the quoted statement actually means, rather than reply with a contradictory statement telling others what they must do. ;)
Nah. This is the internet after all.

Perhaps you could consider whether throwing around words like "worship", (capital-G) "God", "praying" might cause someone to think you're talking about religion. No number of winky faces takes away that impression. ;););););):$

Perhaps you could consider whether throwing around words like "worship", (capital-G) "God", "praying" might cause someone to think you're talking about religion. No number of winky faces takes away that impression. ;););););):$

Precisely. And if that's the subject, then we're entitled to mention Goldilocks, Humpty Dumpty and other fairy tales.

You will have to take it up with the people who started this aside in the thread.

Worship means to give worth to something/someone who is worthy. It also entails what we gain our own worth from. It can be God - the legitimate being to whom worship is due; or it can be something else that we consider the ultimate authority/being/thing of worth.

Everybody worships something/someone. For most people, its is themselves - but it could be a career, money, pleasure, family, a footy club. But whatever it is, the truth remains that everyone worships something - you included.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back