Who would win?

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlo

Club Legend
Aug 29, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Fully fit Hawthorn team in form vs a team made up of the best players in the rest of the comp who have never played or trained together as a group, The first time they ever play together is in the game Vs hawks.

Basically how important is team chemistry?

Assuming let's say, Hawks VS AA team (minus Hawk players obviously)

In your scenario with no training together, Hawks would win unless you were really off on that day.

However, with say a month of training with a coach then maybe they are a chance. Would be a good game of footy to watch.

Probably the Hawks team, but if the other team were able to get the game to be played with one-on-one's across the park then I reckon that team might end up winning. The top half of the Hawks list would be able to match up well and at least break even but this other teams list would go much deeper and the Hawks weaker players would end up getting beaten assuming the one-on-one situation.

I get the whole champion team > team of champions thing but the team of champions being proposed here wouldn't ordinarily be possible for a team to put together to play against the teams we have in the comp today. The level of raw talent and footy smarts would probably end up brute forcing a win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Assuming the first time they gathered was just before the game would go Hawthorn (or any of the top 4 tbh). Team structure, chemistry and game plan count for a hell of a lot. Influence seems to have gone up this year. Partly I reckon why there are many outlier results (One team matches up well on another).

It depends how seriously the players took it. If the AA team or whatever came out all guns blazing, we'd get demolished I think. The midfield would absolutely annihilate us.

Hawthorns midfield is good, but it would be nothing against a midfield of Ablett, Fyfe, Kennedy, Selwood, Pendlebury. I doubt they would even be able to touch the ball.

Fully fit Hawthorn team in form vs a team made up of the best players in the rest of the comp who have never played or trained together as a group, The first time they ever play together is in the game Vs hawks.

Basically how important is team chemistry?
So Hawthorn vs Sydney then?

Question remains who would coach the All Stars team?
There would be no coach - that is implied in the OP. There would be no game plan, the champion players would have to continually stop and work out who is where, the Hawks, like any well drilled team would know instinctively who is going to be where and when. They would have a five metre head start in any contest and that would make them very difficult to stop. The only saving grace for the champion team is that the hawks would not be able to do any homework on the opposition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back