Who would you like to see win the flag besides your own

Remove this Banner Ad

I really like Adelaide, don't know why but wouldn't mind them winning one.

Danger, Sloane, Tex. They've got some very likeable players, and Sando seems like a top bloke also.
:confused:

Probably Fremantle for the fact they haven't netted one yet.

Could almost go with Essendon just to assure for Hird never to come back...............Can't believe I could go for Essendon but that's what it's come to.
Nah. Essendon to win and Bomber to stand on the dais and remove a mask to reveal he's been James Hird all along, Scooby Doo style. The interweb outrage from the Helen Lovejoy's would be delicious.

Back on topic, Footscrazy for me or Freo.

Goes without saying that I don't enjoy Hawthorn or Carlton success and Syd-er-nee is joining them rapidly.

Geelong or G Coast esp for Ablett

Brisbane Lions would be good as well

Last edited:
I would choose someone that doesn't gets AFL assistance in the form of extra AFL dividends (Port Adelaide), backhand deals, special deals via Tasmania and Waverley Park (ie Hawthorn)...so I guess that leaves just Geelong.

They rorted the father-son..but that is about it. I guess they are the cleanest of all the teams left with a chance to win.

I would choose someone that doesn't gets AFL assistance in the form of extra AFL dividends (Port Adelaide), backhand deals, special deals via Tasmania and Waverley Park (ie Hawthorn)...so I guess that leaves just Geelong.

They rorted the father-son..but that is about it. I guess they are the cleanest of all the teams left with a chance to win.
I guess blatant systemic and repeated contraventions of the codes framework is more palatable. Good to see you're sticking fat.

I guess blatant systemic and repeated contraventions of the codes framework is more palatable. Good to see you're sticking fat.

A cheat is a cheat, but I guess you don't think Hawthorn cheated in 1992 and 1998, yeah? You have a sliding scale for "cheats" I am guessing where if you are only caught cheating a lot does it count, Hawthorn's cheating isn't worth worrying about? Let's just call that "cheating" "borrowing" or something nicer?

They only stole 5 lollies from the lolly shop so we will overlook that cheating and just punish the "big fish"?

Fact is that Hawthorn also won recent premierships on the massssive leg-up that the AFL gave them via the Tasmanian deal and the Waverley Park deal. Would they have these flags without this leg up? You be the judge.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...f-the-equalisation-debate-20131213-2zcsl.html

Geelong has been given the least amount of "bonuses" from the AFL, so it makes their rise more remarkable than the others in line for this year's premiership. Some might argue that Hawthorn deserves it the least of the four in contention.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A cheat is a cheat, but I guess you don't think Hawthorn cheated in 1992 and 1998, yeah? You have a sliding scale for "cheats" I am guessing where if you are only caught cheating a lot does it count, Hawthorn's cheating isn't worth worrying about? Let's just call that "cheating" "borrowing" or something nicer?

They only stole 5 lollies from the lolly shop so we will overlook that cheating and just punish the "big fish"?

Fact is that Hawthorn also won recent premierships on the massssive leg-up that the AFL gave them via the Tasmanian deal and the Waverley Park deal. Would they have these flags without this leg up? You be the judge.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...f-the-equalisation-debate-20131213-2zcsl.html

Geelong has been given the least amount of "bonuses" from the AFL, so it makes their rise more remarkable than the others in line for this year's premiership. Some might argue that Hawthorn deserves it the least of the four in contention.
Loose with the facts or comprehension problems? Lol, the link you provided undermines your assertions. I suggest you read the article yourself. The article you linked claims Hawthorns deal with Tasmania materialized despite the wishes of the AFL. The AFL plumped for an agreement to be reached between North and the Tasmanian government vis-a-vis relocation. That's right- despite. Preposition: In defiance of. No leg up there for the Hawks from the AFL.

As for your ambiguous reference to 1992 and 1998, perhaps we are to believe you are aware of events that the AFL aren't/weren't privy to or that the inferences you have asserted are an invention of your mind. I'm tipping the latter.

Lions. Always had a soft spot for them ever since the late 90's due to a connection to Shaun Hart.
The wife's grandfather is also in the Lions Hall of Fame, as he is a former Fitzroy captain, so I'm more connected to them than any other club.

Definitely the Hawks, they are an amazing club. If they can take out the premiership this year it will be an amazing feat. Back to back is sure hard enough, but with the injuries they have had and the coach situation, if they can take it out this year it will go down as one of the best premierships!

Loose with the facts or comprehension problems? Lol, the link you provided undermines your assertions. I suggest you read the article yourself. The article you linked claims Hawthorns deal with Tasmania materialized despite the wishes of the AFL. The AFL plumped for an agreement to be reached between North and the Tasmanian government vis-a-vis relocation. That's right- despite. Preposition: In defiance of. No leg up there for the Hawks from the AFL.

As for your ambiguous reference to 1992 and 1998, perhaps we are to believe you are aware of events that the AFL aren't/weren't privy to or that the inferences you have asserted are an invention of your mind. I'm tipping the latter.

I can give you the facts, you can spin them whatever way you want.

1992 and 1998 were years Hawthorn were over the salary cap.

You can get a basic understanding of the salary cap on numerous websites or even the AFL Season Record if you want to look it up it has a section on breaches.

That article indicates the benefits Hawthorn gained as a result of a leg-up the AFL gave to them. The fact that it is more important to the AFL NOW that they set up North in a cosy deal in Tasmania doesn't negate the ENORMOUS benefits financially (and this flows on to their recruiting team, their player welfare, their membership etc = ie money equals power) that Hawthorn got as a result of the AFL giving Hawthorn exclusive access to Tasmania.

15 million dollar sponsorship = Tasmania. Did Hawthorn share this reward with other AFL clubs? or is this just part of the AFL inspired gift? Sorry, I forgot Hawthorn owns Tasmania.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...sponsorship-deal/story-e6frg6nf-1225715727736

Another question you could ask is - was it fair for the other clubs that the AFL pretty much handed the keys of Waverley over to Hawthorn without any of the other 11 VFL clubs getting any major direct financial benefit for it? Oh sorry,Hawthorn paid for the building of Waverley out of their own money right? It wasn't the VFL who paid for it from funds from all clubs, it was all Hawthorn and they were generous enough to let other clubs play there from the 1970s to the 1990s.(Fantasy Island)

Will I be barracking for Hawthorn as they cruise towards another premiership this year? Not likely. Of the four teams in contention, they are the least deserving in my opinion...but good on them for seeing various AFL inspired loopholes and exploiting them.

Last edited:
And it's at this point I depart and leave you to perform a most convincing impersonation of a buffoon.

Hawks's 15 million 5 year deal is far more than the Swans COLA..yet all you hear about is the Swans COLA.

If the Swans get rid of the COLA how about Hawthorn hand over some of the money from their $15 million dollar Tasmanian govt sponsorship? Or is that exclusive because the AFL "gave Hawthorn Tasmania"?

Being a West Aussie, naturally the Eagles..........wait, um, nah, you all knew I was joking right?

For real - The Doggies by a long way. But memories of the greatest single team (Brisbane) has me hoping to see the Lions back up and about soon too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back