Opinion Who would you prefer now - Cam Guthrie or Jack Darling?

Who would you prefer now - Cam Guthrie or Jack Darling

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You're as bad as we are! I bet all your Eagles mates came here and voted for Darling! (just like we all did to Collingwood in one of their silly polls last year) Yesterday it was 66 % Guthrie, 34% Darling :)

Lol yeah we did. We took huge insult to the thread so made the "brave" decision to come over here and have some fun.:p

You cats are good people.

Lol yeah we did. We took huge insult to the thread so made the "brave" decision to come over here and have some fun.:p

Freo supporters do not agree.

We like to think so (modesty is one of our virtues ;))

Edit- I don't know why you were insulted by the thread- it's a Geelong board.... Of course most of us would pick Guthrie. He's a really lovely kid and a lot of us wouldn't know Darling at all to even consider changing Guthrie for him!

Edit- I don't know why you were insulted by the thread- it's a Geelong board.... Of course most of us would pick Guthrie. He's a really lovely kid and a lot of us wouldn't know Darling at all to even consider changing Guthrie for him!
Oh, I think we know Darling.

I just had to vote for Cam because I had #29 on my guernsey. ;)

That and the fact he is cam-tastic.

Last edited:
Freo supporters do not agree.

Freo supporters are not people.

Nah we didn't take it personally but we do enjoy going to extra lengths to make things more interesting with our opponents for the week eg Brad Scott Avatar week.

Freo supporters are not people.

Nah we didn't take it personally but we do enjoy going to extra lengths to make things more interesting with our opponents for the week eg Brad Scott Avatar week.
I'll have to check that out- thanks for the heads up!
I don't often check out oppo boards- there's enough Cats stuff to keep me amused- but I saw on the NM board the other day that they've been calling for Brad Scott's head for quite some time now. Poor buggers- they could be in Melbourne's shoes... or St Kilda's ...

I'll have to check that out- thanks for the heads up!
I don't often check out oppo boards- there's enough Cats stuff to keep me amused- but I saw on the NM board the other day that they've been calling for Brad Scott's head for quite some time now. Poor buggers- they could be in Melbourne's shoes... or St Kilda's ...

They better not sack him before round 11. If he gets sacked after we beat them then that would be the ultimate troll.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guthrie was fantastic tonight. I'd still take the forward though.
That's OK- you guys can keep him ;) We're doing OK, thanks.....
Bad luck tonight- outplayed but no heart there, either. Some midfielders would've been very handy.

Disappointing for Cox to have his big game vs us tonight- would've liked him to have played that somewhere else, vs someone else, for a big win. Seems like a nice fellow.

Thinking Guthrie now, reckon we want a bigger and better forward than JD although he's a quality player, he's just another Eagles tall.

Still Guthrie.

Are you kidding me? Guthrie every single day of the week.

By the time Selwood is cooked, Cam will captain this club.
No, I'm not kidding. Guthrie will be a very good player, but Darling is on another level.

... Yeah, 3 levels below :)Only joking... I don't understand how people can compare apples with bananas....
Yeah, they're two vastly different players. Most Geelong supporters are obviously going to say they prefer Guthrie because of who he plays for, likewise with West Coast supporters and Darling. It's just how it works unless they're incomparable, like Watts and Naitanui. Although there are still some Melbourne fans who say their recruiters made the right decision.

Back