Who'll get the first tap on the shoulder and when?

Remove this Banner Ad

Main List:

Out: Anthony – Hine – Wilkins – Curran - Greenwood - Nahas (r)– Harper (r)
In: Waite – Higgins – Tippett – Turner - Pick 16 - Pick 25 - Pick 36

Rookie List:

Out: McGenniss - Warren - Tippett (upgrade) - Turner (upgrade)
In: Harper - Nahas - Rookie 1 - Rookie 2

Feels really harsh on Nahas. But that looks like what they'll do.

Feels really harsh on Nahas. But that looks like what they'll do.
Pretty sure we get to activate a rookie early, don't we? In fairness, we would be hoping that Garner and Turner will be ahead of him, then there is Higgins and hopefully a resurgent Adams. He is a long way back but still very handy if we need to call on him.

Pretty sure we get to activate a rookie early, don't we? In fairness, we would be hoping that Garner and Turner will be ahead of him, then there is Higgins and hopefully a resurgent Adams. He is a long way back but still very handy if we need to call on him.

We don't, we have the maximum number of senior listed players, we will get to elevate a rookie mid way through the season or perhaps early in the season if Tarrant's run of luck doesn't get any better.

Out : Greenwood, LA, Wilkins, Curren, Hine, McMahon
In : Waite, Higgins, Tippet (upgrade), 16, 25, 36

I think Nahas gets 1 more year and i don't think North will be in any rush to upgrade Turner just yet. Not because we shouldn't but because we don't really need to.

Edit : I read with some interest that McMahon may still have another year to run on his contract. If true that probably costs Nahas his spot. Dont think thats good for our list Nahas adds more than "Loose"

Last edited:
Edit : I read with some interest that McMahon may still have another year to run on his contract. If true that probably costs Nahas his spot. Dont think thats good for our list Nahas adds more than "Loose"

McMahon will be on the long term injury list in 2015.

McMahon - Braised Ham Hock (indefinite)

Have always wondered why we are always one of the last teams to announce delistings. Happens every year.
It could be we're deliberating on one or two options, and possibly a player or two is considering an option put to them. Maybe some of it depends on who other clubs delist? Apart from assuaging the impatience of BF posters, is there a need to do it sooner?

It could be we're deliberating on one or two options, and possibly a player or two is considering an option put to them. Maybe some of it depends on who other clubs delist? Apart from assuaging the impatience of BF posters, is there a need to do it sooner?
Keeping the players in limbo is a bit rough IMO. I hope each player has at least been given some clarity on the likely outcomes so they can start planning their next moves. I dare say LA, Wilkins, Curran, and Hine all know their situation but you wouldn't want Nahas, Harps, Loose left awaiting their fate too long.

I may be assuming that the guys to be delisted are off overseas or not in contact, possibly why North don't want to make announcements without having told them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keeping the players in limbo is a bit rough IMO. I hope each player has at least been given some clarity on the likely outcomes so they can start planning their next moves. I dare say LA, Wilkins, Curran, and Hine all know their situation but you wouldn't want Nahas, Harps, Loose left awaiting their fate too long.
I would assume they'd have told whoever they can whatever they can, when they can. Even if there are those whose fate is not completely clear, I'm assuming the club would have been clear about why and why there may be a delay. Ass/u/me.

It happens in everyday life too B2B.

I know plenty of Mining workers who had their mine sites closed overnight.
They walk into the office the next day unawares and get their pink (termination) slip. I even know of companies having fleets of buses at the gates to take them all home after the pink slips have been handed out.

It's the real world - people lose their jobs, at least in professional sport you enter that profession knowing you only have a certain shelf life so realistically when you do get the tap on the shoulder it shouldn't be so unexpected..

The AFL has taken huge steps since the 80's to make sure players are set up for life after football anyways.

Last year we delisted 2 days out from the first list lodgement date I reckon.

I'ts fair to say that it's harsh on the players to leave it that long.

But on the flip side it could be that the club has let the players know a while back and prefer to ease them out with proper exit interviews/programs which would actually be a good thing.

It happens in everyday life too B2B.

I know plenty of Mining workers who had their mine sites closed overnight.
They walk into the office the next day unawares and get their pink (termination) slip. I even know of companies having fleets of buses at the gates to take them all home after the pink slips have been handed out.

It's the real world - people lose their jobs, at least in professional sport you enter that profession knowing you only have a certain shelf life so realistically when you do get the tap on the shoulder it shouldn't be so unexpected..

The AFL has taken huge steps since the 80's to make sure players are set up for life after football anyways.
Yep, fully aware of that. I'm surrounded by this in my work which is why I mention it. I have full faith in the club but just know full well how difficult it can be for workers waiting for the expected tap on the shoulder so wonder why we can't announce the first batch of delisting like every other club ie. Wilkins, LA, Curran, Hine. Not a massive issue anyway. Just find it a little confusing as to the logic behind it.

Is Curran definitely gone?
All indication is that he won't be playing next year on the advice that his foot won't withstand the rigors of footy. Some have mentioned he is playing with the idea of taking a year off and perhaps giving it another shot after that. But nothing first hand in all of this.

I can tell you for a fact Mitch Wilkins has already had the tap had it before the Grand Final. bad luck to him he is a good bloke.

One of our posters also reported this a few weeks ago. Seems strange that we haven't made it public knowledge though

Yeh the Roos are taking their sweet time on announcing, the delistings have to be lodged before the draft right?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back