Who'll get the first tap on the shoulder and when?

Remove this Banner Ad

All players were told weeks ago. They were told during the reviews after the prelim. Unless there have been further developments, no players have been "kept in limbo"

If this is correct then we are very professional. Certainly better that Carlton who did the exact opposite to Brock McLean. I still can't believe Mick Malthouse hasn't even spoken to the guy yet. Weak as p15s.

If this is correct then we are very professional. Certainly better that Carlton who did the exact opposite to Brock McLean. I still can't believe Mick Malthouse hasn't even spoken to the guy yet. Weak as p15s.

Especially after getting dirty on North Melbourne's own Mr Jarrad Waite on leaving that souless club.

I still can't believe Mick Malthouse hasn't even spoken to the guy yet. Weak as p15s.

But Mick's no hypocrite.

Once preached, he would never coach against his boys >>> Rightio.

Once preached he would never force another coach out of the chair >>> Takes Carlton job.

I mean, he takes Dale Thomas in the 2013 Free Agency Period as a Restricted Free Agent... I assume he keeps quiet.

Then Waite who is a 31 year old footballer, who he had playing in the two's throughout the year, decides to leave for a club who might give him a fresh start, the extra year he longed for, and possible premiership aspirations >>> Mick protests the injustice of Free Agency, claiming it's a 'two tiered' system, that favours the big clubs.

Then sticks it to Waite, because he felt "left out of the loop" and that it was "staggering" he wasn't told sooner.

Mick Malthouse

“I’m disappointed in this one. He come around to my place Friday week ago and wanted to know where he sat, which I explained to him about the game and how we’ve looked after him body wise. We shook hands and everything was hunky dory, a week later he’s gone. I wish he had of told me then, and we could have booted him out of my house, because I’ve got no desire to facilitate talking to players in my home when their desire is to leave.”

“I found it disappointing that Jarrad chose to wait until yesterday [Monday], when we finished a month ago. I don’t get that, if he had’ve come to us at the end of the season and said ‘I’m off’ well he’s off, that’s the rules. But a month later, I find it staggering.”

Mick would never treat a player like that.

Brock McLean

"He was of the view that he wanted me around next year and that I was a required player.
So I walked away from that thinking, 'Yep, great I want to play on next year and it sounds like Mick wants me here, so that's good'. And then my exit meeting at the end of the year probably went even better. Rob Wiley (director of development and coaching) was very positive and Mick was very positive and so was (high performance manager) David Buttifant.

"The last morning I left London and got a call from 'Macca' again and he said 'Yeah mate, we're going to delist you', so it changed up a bit. How I was sort of told one thing and led to believe one thing and Adam Ramanauskas my manager was told another thing, so there was no real transparency or honesty amongst the whole conversation or the whole situation."

"Mick hasn't rang me yet, I don't know the reason why Mick hasn't rang me, but I would have thought as the senior coach he might have got on the phone to me."

I'm sure you'll get a courtesy call when he sees fit Brock, just don't expect an invite to his home.

What about McKenzie......is he staying or going....l'd rather Nahas than McKenzie...
If McKenzie wasn't a first round pick, he'd be gone for sure. Make or break season coming up for him.

Yeah I posted it a week before the grand final for memory. So the information above, and time-lines match up.

As I said, it'll be the first bust for one of our SA recruiters who I know.
Even then, I feel like it's not so much a bust as a victim of our list profile. Was always going to be a project player, and I never heard any whispers that the club was dissatisfied with how he was travelling (though I'm not as well connected as plenty on here). In the entire Scott era we've only had 2 retirements (3 if you count Pratt), or if you want to count HMac and Edwards, only 5 departures at what you would consider close to the natural end of a senior career.

Corey Jones (R)
Warren Benjamin
Conor Meredith
Alan Obst
Josh Smith

Brady Rawlings (R)
Daniel Pratt
Ben Ross
Brayden Norris
Ed Lower

Gavin Urquhart
Malcolm Lynch
Cruize Garlett
Matt Campbell
Ben McKinley
Ben Warren
Hamish McIntosh (T)
Aaron Edwards (T)

Ben Speight
Cam Richardson
Jordan Gysberts
Will Sierakowski
Ayden Kennedy
Ben Mabon
Luke Delaney (T)

Just based on numbers and the consensus chatter, we know it is an obvious 6, but most likely 7 list changes.
Certain Ins: Waite, Higgins, Pick 16, 25
As Good As Certain Ins: Pick 36, Tippett/Turner rookie upgrade
Likely Ins: Tippet/Turner second rookie upgrade or Pick 56
Certain Outs: Greenwood, LA, Curran
Expected Outs: Wilkins, Hine
Possible Outs: 1 or 2 of McMahon (rookie?), Nahas, Harper (rookie?)
It would be shock if any other names came up for delisting.

Good post, and I think you're correct. The highlighted bit is where it gets interesting.

TBH would rather Nahas on the list than McMahon. McMahon has been a loyal servant of the NMFC. I would think he's behind Dumont and Mullet for game time. Nahas offers something we don't have a lot of.

Good post, and I think you're correct. The highlighted bit is where it gets interesting.

TBH would rather Nahas on the list than McMahon. McMahon has been a loyal servant of the NMFC. I would think he's behind Dumont and Mullet for game time. Nahas offers something we don't have a lot of.
I tend to agree. With Sammy Wright coming into his own as a defender, he becomes a classier version of Loose in my book. And with JMac back in the fold, Ats, LMac and Fishy (due to return to form) as running/rebounding half backs, Spud still playing solid footy, and BMac and Jacobs as backup, our small defensive stocks are fine without Scotty McMahon. I am fine if he stays on the list, but I think a farewell with a payout and a good club sendoff would be the way to go.

But with fast, tackling small forwards, we basically have Turner (a beauty, but still on apprenticeship), Harps (refer to the 10,000 page thread on where he is at), and Nahas. Both Turner and Nahas showed how important they were in the games they played, particularly with their forward pressure and speed, so it is clearly a needed role in the team. The other small forwards - LT, Adams, Higgins, Garner, and the resting Boomer, Cunners, JZ, Basti - are all more highly rated but they are different types of players. We can see with Rioli and Puopolo how crucial forward pace and pressure is to the Hawks side. For me, in some ways, it becomes a question of who of the 3 should be on the rookie list, but would hope to see all as North players in 2015, whether rookie or senior listed.

But Mick's no hypocrite.

Once preached he would never force another coach out of the chair >>> Takes Carlton job.

I mean, he takes Dale Thomas in the 2013 Free Agency Period as a Restricted Free Agent... I assume he keeps quiet.

Then Waite who is a 31 year old footballer, who he had playing in the two's throughout the year, decides to leave for a club who might give him a fresh start, the extra year he longed for, and possible premiership aspirations >>> Mick protests the injustice of Free Agency, claiming it's a 'two tiered' system, that favours the big clubs.

Then sticks it to Waite, because he felt "left out of the loop" and that it was "staggering" he wasn't told sooner.

I'm sure you'll get a courtesy call when he sees fit Brock, just don't expect an invite to his home.
I wish I could "like" this over and over !

Even then, I feel like it's not so much a bust as a victim of our list profile. Was always going to be a project player, and I never heard any whispers that the club was dissatisfied with how he was travelling.

Yeah RZ I agree, bust is actually the language he used. Because they held some pretty high hopes he would come on and it was more of his pick/project. Not being a SA U18 squad member, he had that shoulder injury but we really liked him and took him at 47.

Unfortunately for Mitch, he has fallen behind a large amount of players who perform similar roles and he he has some deficiencies in a few areas, where we hoped to develop for him to make it at AFL level. He always trained well, and they never had any application issues with him RZ. From all reports, a really good kid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah RZ I agree, bust is actually the language he used. Because they held some pretty high hopes he would come on and it was more of his pick/project. Not being a SA U18 squad member, he had that shoulder injury but we really liked him and took him at 47.

Unfortunately for Mitch, he has fallen behind a large amount of players who perform similar roles and he he has some deficiencies in a few areas, where we hoped to develop for him to make it at AFL level. He always trained well, and they never had any application issues with him RZ. From all reports, a really good kid.
I don't know much about him, what were his deficiencies? Are they physical he was always skinny iirc

Is Curran definitely gone?

Hope so, was never gonna be anything, just like his dad who was just a good-ordinary player at best, no loss. Not fussed if we lose Tripod or McMahon we have them covered, would give Hine another crack he would be a bit stiff, Harps now gonna find it even tougher with Higgins at the club, both almost identical player-types, as for LA, off to LA LA Land no doubt.

Warren has been 3 years on the rookie list so will be a departure, with McGenniss likely to be gone too, while the other 2 rookies, Tippett and Turner, may both be upgraded onto the senior list and Eric Wallace given another year as an International.

I believe that McGennis has been delisted.

Hope so, was never gonna be anything, just like his dad who was just a good-ordinary player at best, no loss. Not fussed if we lose Tripod or McMahon we have them covered, would give Hine another crack he would be a bit stiff, Harps now gonna find it even tougher with Higgins at the club, both almost identical player-types, as for LA, off to LA LA Land no doubt.
image.jpg

But Mick's no hypocrite.

...post of the week

I came here to question why l post on a footy forum at 1 in the morning, but toes frosty relationship with reacher is finally getting interesting.

And still on a high having shouted myself hoarse at the Melbourne A-League Derby tonight.

Honestly, there's crap which is yawn inducing and then there's crap which is just beyond comprehension. A promising kid succumbs to career ending injuries prematurely and a dude feels compelled to celebrate the fact? F*** off!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back