Who'll get the first tap on the shoulder and when?

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be interesting to see if we upgrade 1 or both of Tippett and Turner.

Assuming we use picks 16, 25, 36 I'd only upgrade one and keep the other on the rookie list to be upgraded halfway through the year which would mean 6 list spots to be cleared from the senior list.

5 out Wilkins, Hine, Curran, McMahon, LA. Plus Greenwood out being the 6th.

Essendon, GWS, Sydney and Fremantle haven't delisted any senior players either.
*Essendon might need to hold on to a few players. Just in case.

You're completely misunderstood on here Jacko. You've fallen so deep into character people are actually convinced you're a negative flog beyond reason. Brilliant. :thumbsu:

This is true.....I do over-reach at times;).....think I might have to start putting things into such simple terms that numpties can understand:D

Good question. I'd also be keen to hear who we should have given up to pick up the player(s) we missed that we should have "aggressively" chased.
Over to you, Reacher.

We have plenty we could give up, a few names that spring to mind, Daw, Tarrant, Hine, McKenzie, Nahas, Hansen, C.Delaney, Jacobs, Anthony, Greenwood (as it turned out!) just to name a few.....I put Hansen in there as we basically covered his absence with ease thus I see him as an expendable asset to get what we need, which was an elite hard line-breaking midfielder in the Dangerfield mould.....hell even the Dogs snagged Tom Boyd ffs and they were down on their knees.....no he isn't a midfielder but at least they aimed high!!!!!

We have plenty we could give up, a few names that spring to mind, Daw, Tarrant, Hine, McKenzie, Nahas, Hansen, C.Delaney, Jacobs, Anthony, Greenwood (as it turned out!) just to name a few.....I put Hansen in there as we basically covered his absence with ease thus I see him as an expendable asset to get what we need, which was an elite hard line-breaking midfielder in the Dangerfield mould.....hell even the Dogs snagged Tom Boyd ffs and they were down on their knees.....no he isn't a midfielder but at least they aimed high!!!!!

I like you Jack, but seriously having a puff from the glass cigarette is not ideal before posting. Delaney has played six games avg 4.7 marks and 15 disposals.

We saw the value of KP's during trade week, he can play and if he's over his toe injury we'd be nuts to flick him. So many in front of him for delisting.

Hansen- won't even bother.

I'd personally be mortified if North pulled a Bulldogs, 7 mil for a kid. Also paying a massive amount to their ex Cpt Griffin.

That is very poor management they must have an agreement with the AFL in case it all goes South.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reacher thinks every other team is stupid (or at least not as smart as he is, which is the same thing). We should simply trade players not in our best 22 (or players we hate) for their stars. Yeah, that's gonna work. Why haven't we got Dangerfield yet?

How the Bulldogs "snagged" Boyd is just so awesome for their club, isn't it? What a win! Just what we should be doing - give up Swallow and pick 6 (which we'd have to trade for) to bring in a 9-gamer who is going to be paid twice as much as anyone else on the list. Don't worry that Goldy, Cunners, JZ, LT, Thompson, Atley, etc. etc. all say bye bye at the end of 2015, because we win by being "aggressive traders" this year.

For anyone in doubt (i.e. Reacher): :rolleyes:

Just a query re. this - is there a set date (e.g. 1 Dec) that all players are contracted to? Otherwise the sooner you delist players you theoretically wouldn't have to pay them which probably wouldn't be too fair especially if you were a list clogger at the GoDees or Saints etc. cf. players like at North who are still techincally on the list but will get the tap in the coming days/weeks.

Reacher thinks every other team is stupid (or at least not as smart as he is, which is the same thing). We should simply trade players not in our best 22 (or players we hate) for their stars. Yeah, that's gonna work. Why haven't we got Dangerfield yet?

How the Bulldogs "snagged" Boyd is just so awesome for their club, isn't it? What a win! Just what we should be doing - give up Swallow and pick 6 (which we'd have to trade for) to bring in a 9-gamer who is going to be paid twice as much as anyone else on the list. Don't worry that Goldy, Cunners, JZ, LT, Thompson, Atley, etc. etc. all say bye bye at the end of 2015, because we win by being "aggressive traders" this year.

For anyone in doubt (i.e. Reacher): :rolleyes:

You are making an argument to suit your own agenda.
The dogs didn't give up their captain, the captain gave up the club. And absolute kudos to the dogs they turned around a horror situation ie. Club in crisis and turned it around 200cm key position fwds going at #1 in a draft dont fall off trees, now they have one for the next ten years. Perhaps if they showed this type of guts 2008 - 2011 period they may have pinvhed a flag as a good kpf is what they lacked.
p.s id trade lt at the drop of a hat.

Well if Swallow requests a trade and refuses to play for the club...

It's not like they just put Griffen on the block.

Just a query re. this - is there a set date (e.g. 1 Dec) that all players are contracted to? Otherwise the sooner you delist players you theoretically wouldn't have to pay them which probably wouldn't be too fair especially if you were a list clogger at the GoDees or Saints etc. cf. players like at North who are still techincally on the list but will get the tap in the coming days/weeks.

Contracts expire on October 31 I believe.

You are making an argument to suit your own agenda.
The dogs didn't give up their captain, the captain gave up the club. And absolute kudos to the dogs they turned around a horror situation ie. Club in crisis and turned it around 200cm key position fwds going at #1 in a draft dont fall off trees, now they have one for the next ten years. Perhaps if they showed this type of guts 2008 - 2011 period they may have pinvhed a flag as a good kpf is what they lacked.
p.s id trade lt at the drop of a hat.

Hmmm, what agenda am I pushing, Mrs Reacher, other than noting it is unrealistic to expect to pass over our stale boiled lollies for the chocolate truffles of other teams?

Time will tell if the Dogs got it right, but (1) they created their own mess - internal unrest usually has a source (i.e. internally); and (2) unless Boyd is the next Carey, they overpaid. Sure they don't fall off trees, but guess what, there is a #1 draft pick every year and you can use it on a key forward!

Oh, and this:

Well if Swallow requests a trade and refuses to play for the club...

It's not like they just put Griffen on the block.

Hmmm, what agenda am I pushing, Mrs Reacher, other than noting it is unrealistic to expect to pass over our stale boiled lollies for the chocolate truffles of other teams?

Time will tell if the Dogs got it right, but (1) they created their own mess - internal unrest usually has a source (i.e. internally); and (2) unless Boyd is the next Carey, they overpaid. Sure they don't fall off trees, but guess what, there is a #1 draft pick every year and you can use it on a key forward!

Oh, and this:
Yep the last point is what I was referring to, and... After the bombshell of griffin and subsequent sacking of coach, the d
ogs needed to needed to sell hope to the shareholders invested in their club and they absolutely have done this. People have to remember its not just what they have paid but what would have lost if they didnt and what can be generated bc they have.

Fortune favors the brave.

Yep the last point is what I was referring to, and... After the bombshell of griffin and subsequent sacking of coach, the d
ogs needed to needed to sell hope to the shareholders invested in their club and they absolutely have done this. People have to remember its not just what they have paid but what would have lost if they didnt and what can be generated bc they have.

Fortune favors the brave.

Nothing I disagree with there. I'm just still not getting what you allege is my agenda ...

agenda of putting other poster down through misrepresenting what had been stated.. no harm no foul. Play on.

Misrepresenting? Don't think so. My question to Reacher was serious - what would he have done? His response was that even the Dogs "snagged" Boyd, totally ignoring the circumstances of that trade.

Perhaps you don't ever get tired of reading "duh, our trading and recruiting is s**t, we didn't even try for Cameron or Dangerfield when we've got all these players like McMahon, Hine, Warren and Anthony that we want to get rid of anyway. Plus Hanson (sic) cos I hate him".

Really, WTF was our recruiting team supposed to do once we'd absolutely nailed the FA part of Trade Eon? Swap 16 for Mitch Clark? Hallahan?

just heard on sen that Melbourne clubs could be throwing the sink at dangerfield with buddy like deals. You would think that signing someone like him would help keep us in deep finals touch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back