Who's afraid of Rupert Murdoch? The end of an era.

Remove this Banner Ad

Am well and truly over having to correct every moronic post you make on the topic of finance and economics.

Sad little person who wanks over pics of Gillard and Swan.
Seeing as I have found you consistently wrong over the last 2 years, I fully welcome you not repeating your same old tired rhetoric on every one of my posts. I'm sure everyone else will too. Bye bye.

Seeing as I have found you consistently wrong over the last 2 years,

Lol. Stop annoying everyone and go and read the Wealth of Nations, rather than just parroting the ALP press releases.

You must be clocking up some decent HECS fees by failing first year arts repeatedly.

Lol. Stop annoying everyone and go and read the Wealth of Nations, rather than just parroting the ALP press releases..
Surprised meds - I thought you'd favour more of a free market than the quasi-centrally planned, pro-tariff protectionism that Adam Smith preferred

Surprised meds - I thought you'd favour more of a free market than the quasi-centrally planned, pro-tariff protectionism that Adam Smith preferred
You've erred in thinking he's ever read something that doesn't end in an exclamation mark.

I'm shocked. People focus on Bolt, but I heard him say on The Bolt Report that he'd 'love to chat about (Aboriginal issues) all show, but we've run out of time'. Who are the faceless people running his show and forcing him to show fear or favours in the face of things he wants to talk about!? Is it that Floor Director who shakes his hand at the end of most shows?

It would've been great if he could have had the time to focus the show on real issues rather than always banging on about the media and having other media commentators on for half the show. In all his radio spots, news columns and now his show he never seems to be able to dig into anything substantial. It's all surface level guff. I guess he has been forced to show fear by 18c. Although he did then speak about Goodes multiple times after that, just not with his indigenous guest, so it's all a bit confusing...

Last edited:
The pond-scum back for another shot today.

It's not Adams fault anymore , it's the LEFTS fault now for being offended over Adam being booed for being offended over being called an ape.............

Then she got up us for calling Bronny a " witch ".............

errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr that'd be THIS Bronwyn...........
r738936_6026149.jpg

Given he only removed the disgraced speaker Brownyn Bishop after News Corp said he should, it’s clear to see that Tony Abbott is the answer to the question in the OP. The only others afraid of Rupert Murdoch would be directly employed by Rupert Murdoch.

After forcing 6 leadership spills in 6 years, including against himself, it’s clear that the tag of ‘wrecker’ is completely apt for Abbott. When he forces his 7th and is finally removed, I think even the appointment of Scott Morrison would mean a distancing from the fact-free ideology that has defined the 2009-2015 period of Coalition 'leadership' from Abbott and News Corp.

We are not America. Compulsory voting means a vocal minority cannot hijack our political system.

There doesn’t seem to be many moderate Coalition members on Big Footy, but I hope the right-wing Coalition voters here can see the dead end that Abbott and Bolt’s myopic approach has brought them to. Their policy wishes haven’t been implemented due to lack of trying - it’s because they can’t convince the mainstream that it’s a good idea, even with the help of the most read publications in the country. You've been sold a donkey.

The pond-scum back for another shot today.
It's not Adams fault anymore , it's the LEFTS fault now for being offended over Adam being booed for being offended over being called an ape.............
Then she got up us for calling Bronny a " witch ".............
errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr that'd be THIS Bronwyn...........
r738936_6026149.jpg

To be fair, the people with the poster stood behind them, however on the other hand the three in front did nothing to distance themselves from the message either then nor later. Two gone, one more to go.:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Morons at 2GB throwing the toys out this morning over the misogyny.

Conveniently forgetting that it was THEIR boy the coward who dragged the fight into the gutter in the first place.
Look where the bs misogyny claim got Giillard. Nearly as bad as racism claims against the washed up Adam Goodes!

Look where the bs misogyny claim got Giillard. Nearly as bad as racism claims against the washed up Adam Goodes!
I believe it got her world wide recognition for her speech. Is that what you were asking?:)

That speech will give Julia Gillard a legacy the PM can only dream of.
The PM's only chance at a legacy would've been re-writing the expenses rules, but it seems like that's getting pushed out until next year and I think he'll be gone by then.

There were some amazing lines used by the IPA and Bolt this morning in tryign to think of a way out from his demise. Basically it came down to the suggestion that the Liberals 'haven't tried' to present Abbott the man. Bruce Hawker rightly pointed out he has been leader since 2009. Then this:
"Abbott is an introverted PM in a country that's 80% extroverted." What???

I actually second-guessed myself and thought maybe she meant '80% extroverted party", but Twitter heard what I heard. That was from Jennifer Oriel, and The Bolt Report tweeted about it, suggesting it is bad for Abbott's campaigns. ???????? That'd be the repetitive, hammering campaigns which people say are Abbott's strength...... Of course the bigger Bolt line is that the media helps vilify Abbott so playing the victim, yet again.

Greg Sheridan is long-time friends with Abbott so it's understandable that he's on his side big time, but on the show he did also say that Abbott 'could've made squillions as a lawyer, but existed on a regular salary his whole life'. Saying that in the middle of the expenses scandal might've alerted him to the fact pollies are not on 'regular salaries', let alone the PM.

Overall, the whole thing felt a bit like a last ditch defense than could easily be segued into an obituary.

Compulsory voting means a vocal minority cannot hijack our political system.

Ahem, see Greens and what they did to Gillard.

That speech will give Julia Gillard a legacy the PM can only dream of.

Yes, as a whining campaigner who had to stoop to cries of sexism because she was travelling so badly. Pathetic.

I believe it got her world wide recognition for her speech. Is that what you were asking?:)

Recognition - yep, got laughed at by Poms over that for her being so thin skinned (and for her awful accent). Aussie whinger.

Marvellous.

Says old mate who drinks Unky Roop-Roops " Kool-Aid " ;)

Oz editorial on Goodes was a disgrace. He has his bad days (like over republic vote, plumping for Rudd etc).

Last edited:

Smith wasn't in favour of tariffs and mercantilism nor central planning.

"Such taxes, when they have grown up to a certain height, are a curse equal to the barrenness of the earth and the inclemency of the heavens; and yet it is in the richest and most industrious countries that they have been most generally imposed. No other countries could support so great a disorder."

Smith wasn't in favour of tariffs and mercantilism nor central planning.

"Such taxes, when they have grown up to a certain height, are a curse equal to the barrenness of the earth and the inclemency of the heavens;
Twice in one posting session? Wow. I repeat: We can read what you are quoting.

Almost as big a disgrace as how everyone at the " Jew-daily " handled it ( with the exception of Richard Hinds and Bec Wilson )

Rebecca Wilson must be very close to the worst journo in Australia. If not for Tristan Edis I would say she may well be.

BTW amusing that you can castigate people for imaginary non racial booing then at the same time come up with an anti semitic slur. Well done.

Aborigines off limits but Jews are fair game. Are you just following ABC editorial guidelines?

Rebecca Wilson must be very close to the worst journo in Australia. If not for Tristan Edis I would say she may well be.

BTW amusing that you can castigate people for imaginary non racial booing then at the same time come up with an anti semitic slur. Well done.

Aborigines off limits but Jews are fair game. Are you just following ABC editorial guidelines?
Australians - Aussies
Muslims - Mussies ( it's ok cos Ed said it )
Pakistanis - Pakis
Jewish - Jew :drunk:

Will agree Bec's s**t but she nailed it on that one.
Not a big Peter Fitz fan either but he nailed it too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back