Who's afraid of Rupert Murdoch? The end of an era.

Remove this Banner Ad

You can barely afford to put food on the table if your polemic was to be believed, I'd have thought you'd welcome a bot of wealth redistribution.

Thanks Gough I'm glad your coming around to the plight of the small persecuted group of taxpayers who keep this country ticking over. Working our fingers to the bone 8-9 months of the year for no material benefit, paying to help those in need, the upkeep of other peoples kids, plus the poor life decisions and largesse of complete idiots... (all while paying a mortgage and struggling to raise a family in the three months our government allows us to keep our own money). Hell if this keeps up I'll be forced to send my kids to a public school dammit. So yes absolutely, I 100% support your campaign to reverse the wealth redistribution cycle.

Last edited:
Thanks Gough I'm glad your coming around to the plight of the small persecuted group group of taxpayers who keep this country ticking over. Working our fingers to the bone 8-9 months of the year for no material benefit, paying to help those in need, the upkeep of other peoples kids, plus the poor life decisions and largesse of complete idiots... (all while paying a mortgage and struggling to raise a family in the three months our government allows us to keep our own money). Hell if this keeps up I'll be forced to send my kids to a public school dammit. So yes absolutely, I 100% support your campaign to reverse the wealth redistribution cycle.

You live in a first world society. Deal with it and get over it.

Did Murdoch endorse Rudd as PM in 2007 or not?

*reaches for the popcorn*
Pathetic.

Did he famously endorse Rudd? No.

When asked whether the Labor leader would make a good prime minister, he responded with "Oh, I'm sure,".
Yeah... glowing endorsement...

If you compare to him tweeting something like "great first day by PM Abbott", with no prompting.

Or look at the campaigning his papers have been doing over the last 6 years.

To try and justify all of it by saying he endorsed Rudd, due to a nothing comment...
I say again. Bullshit.

Thanks Gough I'm glad your coming around to the plight of the small persecuted group group of taxpayers who keep this country ticking over. Working our fingers to the bone 8-9 months of the year for no material benefit, paying to help those in need, the upkeep of other peoples kids, plus the poor life decisions and largesse of complete idiots... (all while paying a mortgage and struggling to raise a family in the three months our government allows us to keep our own money). Hell if this keeps up I'll be forced to send my kids to a public school dammit. So yes absolutely, I 100% support your campaign to reverse the wealth redistribution cycle.
It's like Peter Cook's still with us.

Where is the Triple Like button.

I wonder if Gough has bothered to get a job and contribute as yet? He clearly is very capable but for some reason doesn't feel up to working.

This place has actually become worse, with the desperation of some to try and defend the current government and anything related to it.

Thread about Murdoch is becoming a thread about the poster Gough's unknown employment.

Sycophants.

Murdoch is also under attack from News Corp shareholders. Not for the first time, but he came close to being effected (47.4% of votes) and has a year to try and shore up support, like from the Saudi Prince, Alwaleed bin Talal. Rupert will be 84 in March.

He's had an outstanding run, but politics again seem to be turning away from his views (in his tweets you'll see he criticises David Cameron in the UK, perhaps due to Climate Change or immigration, or simply because of BSkyB). I think Murdoch's time is ending. And by way of homage (I originally typed "hammage' - probably more appropriate) I will end this on a partisan note:
  • Hopefully this will stop 'the left' talking about Murdoch, rather than the real reasons people don't agree with them.

wouldn't it be funny if politics spelt the beginning of the end for Murdoch. He's spent so many years meddling in ours, instructing his rags to do what he deems beneficial, and now it's starting to turn sour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where is the Triple Like button.
Just press like, log out and log-in as a different avatar, press like, log out and log-in as a different avatar and press like. It's easy and will influence ones of people.

Now why are you right-wingers avoiding talking about the actual topic?

Now why are you right-wingers avoiding talking about the actual topic?

I have no idea what the topic is about, based on the OP;

1) Some vague reference to a Gina R's failure to influence the Victorian election, wots that got to do with anything?
2) You posted some tweets as evidence Murdochs losing his marbles, except they are ok..
3) You state his papers have given up all pretence of balance and are horribly biased against Labor, so why does he employ Richardson and Latham as columnists, why do they regularly print articles critical of the Abbott Government and why did they endorse Rudd as PM? In any event who cares, if people dont like whats being said they arent forced to buy it (unlike the ABC for instance)?
3) You refer to the decline in circulation of print media, but Fairfax is travelling worse than News - so what your point?
4) I have no idea what your next reference to Rineheart is about, dont you like her?
5) You link an article in the Age speculating on internal politics at the top of News as evidence he's losing his grip. I would have thought you just needed to quote his age, as evidence that he's not going to be around forever. But again who cares?

I have no idea what the topic is about, based on the OP;

1) Some vague reference to a Gina R's failure to influence the Victorian election, wots that got to do with anything?
2) You posted some tweets as evidence Murdochs losing his marbles, except they are ok..
3) You state his papers have given up all pretence of balance and are horribly biased against Labor, so why does he employ Richardson and Latham as columnists, why do they regularly print articles critical of the Abbott Government and why did they endorse Rudd as PM? In any event who cares, if people dont like whats being said they arent forced to buy it (unlike the ABC for instance)?
3) You refer to the decline in circulation of print media, but Fairfax is travelling worse than News - so what your point?
4) I have no idea what your next reference to Rineheart is about, dont you like her?
5) You link an article in the Age speculating on internal politics at the top of News as evidence he's losing his grip. I would have thought you just needed to quote his age, as evidence that he's not going to be around forever. But again who cares?

It is just a continuation of the Alinsky tactic's the left use to fool inattentive people.

Personalise it: No abstractions. Just make the name “Murdoch” the metaphor for the capitalist press. You don’t need to explain anything to anyone. Once you have made the “Murdoch Press” the very definition of an anti-worker, anti-progressive media, there is no need to present a single argument. Remember, the left assumes its supporters are rusted on and generally stupid. Evidence matters not at all. All the counter arguments in the world will not avail you a thing.

Of course I did , there is a "double alinsky " in the OP.
How bold of you to both use language few will understand as well as not refer to whatever it is that you think is a "double alinsky".

And if you did read the OP, why did you think it was:
...just a continuation of the Alinsky tactic's the left use to fool inattentive people.
Personalise it: No abstractions. Just make the name “Murdoch” the metaphor for the capitalist press. You don’t need to explain anything to anyone. Once you have made the “Murdoch Press” the very definition of an anti-worker, anti-progressive media, there is no need to present a single argument. Remember, the left assumes its supporters are rusted on and generally stupid. Evidence matters not at all. All the counter arguments in the world will not avail you a thing.
When in the OP I had already said and highlighted with a bullet point:
And by way of homage (I originally typed "hammage' - probably more appropriate) I will end this on a partisan note:
  • Hopefully this will stop 'the left' talking about Murdoch, rather than the real reasons people don't agree with them.

The era has ended, just most haven't accepted it. The days of the ink media making the political parties nervous are well gone and have been gone since before Howard lost power. John Howard worked this out which is why he used talkback radio so much. Talkback radio has a bigger impact on political parties than the ink media.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back