Prediction Who's form will stay the same?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We often talk about who is going to improve and decline leading up to the season, but I'm curious to who's output you think will stay the same? They won't improve or decline but remain at their current level of the last 1-2 seasons?

I personally think Atley will stay around the mark, I'd love for him to improve dramatically but I don't really see it happening. He will have some big games, but he will also have some average ones. Just don't see him transitioning into the midfield myself.

Thompson, his level considerably dropped since his AA year. Can't see him getting back to that level but can't really see him falling off the perch much further than he already has. Needs to cut the playing for frees ect out of his game and focus on beating his opponents outright.

Thomas. I know he was injured later in the year last year, but until he can get up the ground more I really can't see him taking his game to the next level. He will win some games off his own boot and go missing in others. I think the interchange cap will hurt him as he doesn't have a big motor. Expect him to kick 30 goals

Interested to hear your thoughts...

Brad.

Will continue to cast dispersions.

We often talk about who is going to improve and decline leading up to the season, but I'm curious to who's output you think will stay the same? They won't improve or decline but remain at their current level of the last 1-2 seasons?

I personally think Atley will stay around the mark, I'd love for him to improve dramatically but I don't really see it happening. He will have some big games, but he will also have some average ones. Just don't see him transitioning into the midfield myself.

Thompson, his level considerably dropped since his AA year. Can't see him getting back to that level but can't really see him falling off the perch much further than he already has. Needs to cut the playing for frees ect out of his game and focus on beating his opponents outright.

Thomas. I know he was injured later in the year last year, but until he can get up the ground more I really can't see him taking his game to the next level. He will win some games off his own boot and go missing in others. I think the interchange cap will hurt him as he doesn't have a big motor. Expect him to kick 30 goals

Interested to hear your thoughts...

I do expect Atley to improve, however I don't think he needs to transition to the midfield to do so. He picked up his form after he was dropped last year. If he continues that for a whole season, it will be an overall improvement. I reckon we are still a couple of years away from having to re-visit Atley to the middle.

I'm expecting more of the same from Boomer. Goldy as well.

Harvey, Cunnington, Thompson and Firrito. I'd be pretty happy from a similar net result from the one they call Jarrad too.

Sam Wright, Spud, Gibbo and Hansen.

Won't improve, won't go backwards.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and i agree with you in large part about guys like Gibbo and Hansen.

But i just can't understand your none rating of Wright.

Since he started playing down back in 2014 he has become a very accomplished player.

Rarely gets beaten and leads (or is up there) in most statistical categories at the club.

Why don't you like him?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and i agree with you in large part about guys like Gibbo and Hansen.

Since he started playing down back in 2014 he has become a very accomplished player.

Rarely gets beaten and leads (or is up there) in most statistical categories at the club.

Why don't you like him?
I like Sammy Wright from Katamatite. Plays well, doesn't get a lot of recognition, sometimes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why don't you like him?

I've been trying to work out how to improve our team and after forensic analysis and robust discussion I've come up with some weaknesses that are fixable.

All of these are well known but in order to fix it, there are naturally some casualties of which he is one.

We have enough good footballers, what we need is some super athleticism in the back half.

We are slow in the middle, slow up forward... We can't also be slow in defence.

If we stay with 3 tall defenders, there is only 3 small spots (technically) available of which 2 are taken by MacMillan and Atley... Leaving Firrito, Wright, McDonald, Mullet, Hibberd, Vickers-Willis and Ray to fill.

In addition to this, I have Wells who I would like to see play back.

So yeah, not quick enough, not good enough defensively, not strong enough which results in too many easy goals being leaked and us not being good enough to make the top 4 and earn a home preliminary final which is our only realistic chance at winning #5.

We have enough good footballers, what we need is some super athleticism in the back half.

Read you loud and clear, Arj.

I don't mind Gibbo on a HBF either, but will the midfield be able to cope without him?

Read you loud and clear, Arj.

I don't mind Gibbo on a HBF either, but will the midfield be able to cope without him?

Its hard to say given he never misses any games.

We have never been Gibboless since the day he swanned through that door and showed off that wonderful calf and upper thigh formation.

85 consecutive games.

Amazing.
And who knows how many via the leadership group? :p

But since that monkey is off all of our backs (yes, mine as well) it'll be interesting to see if/how he keeps his immunity from the axe.

But yeah. Skill-wise, Gibbo will be as bog average as he ever was. Fitness wise, the time trial may have sorted that out.

Wright, JMac, JZ, Gibson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back