Who's your favourite tennis player and why??

Remove this Banner Ad

Bernard Tomic. Simply for the fact that I was at his first men's grand slam match at Aus Open and I've adopted him for that fact.

Women's is Ana Ivanovic and Maria Kirilenko for obvious reasons. :D

Havent really had that passion to support an australian player for a while, especially when lleyton has been on the decline. i try watch all i can of tomic, and i get right into his games.

However, my favourite player is gael monfils, love his athletiscm. If he was more consistent, he could push for top 5

Womens is ivanovic, dayyyyyummm:thumbsu:;)

My favourite player is Rafael Nadal and the reason he is my favourite is hes passion and he plays every match like it is hes last!! I saw him win the Australian Open 2009 and have been a fan since. I watch him everytime he plays in Melbourne. Rafa will be remerbered as one of the greats!!!

I don't have a favourite womens player!! If I did have a favourite woman it would be Kim Clijsters!!! I hope she finishes her last year with some success!!!

Because of his incredible ability, wicked sence of humor and the ability to not take himself seriously all the time, mine is Novak Djockovic.

He won his first ATP tournament in Adelaide as well :)

I used to love watching Rafter and Safin, mostly because of their great personalities. I modeled my (poor) game on Agassi, so he's another one.

I love the Djoker, again because of the personality factor, but also because of his incredible defensive skills.

Julia Goerges :eek:
Alize Lim, Heidi El Tabakh, Michelle de Brito
Eugenie Bouchard, Donna Vekic, Victoria Larriere
Kirilenko, Rogowska, Sacha Jones
+ others....

Favourite Umpire - Eva Asderaki

Last edited:
Mens: David Nalbandian.
Womens: Ana Ivanovic & Jarmila Gajdosova.
All-Time: Anke Huber.

Anke Huber played a very good game ot tennis and saw her in Melbourne every time she competed in Melbourne. It was sad to retire at 26 years of age! I think players close to her would be Ana Ivanovic and Daniela Hantuchova!!!

David Ferrer for me. Has been a great fighter for several years now. Not as talented as some of the current greats, but knows how to get the best out of himself. Very respectable and a nice humble guy to boot.
Was impressive to see him rise back up the ranks after his 2007 success and slight drop off. Also won some cash when I bet on him to beat Nadal at the AO quarters in 2011.

Former faves include Rafter(goes without saying), Kuerten, Kucera, Arazi, El Aynaoui, Chang, Bjorkman, O.Rochus and Clement. Also still have a soft spot for Hewitt and Davydenko.

I hated Henin early on, but I started to love her since her late 2007 dominance. She has my favourite forehand, and just a tough, gritty competitor who knew how to win. Other faves over the years include Hingis, Sabatini, Huber, Rubin, Dementieva and Kuznetsova.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Current Mens: Lleyton Hewitt, Gilles Simon
Ladies: Sabine Lisicki, Petra Kvitova

Former Mens: Marat Safin, Andre Agassi
Ladies: Martina Hingis, Alicia Molik

Nadal - fighting spirit, proved that if it bleeds you can kill it time and time again
Roddick - been rooting for him to win another slam since 03. Been a top player for a decade and his career warrants more than one slam in my opinion. Unfortunately, Federer was always in his way.
Tomic - aussie i like

Sorry Tomic, but Barty is now my fav :D

Watched her play recently and she's amazing. Great forehand (identical to Federer), serve and return. Solid backhand. Good at the net. Fast and great footwork. Eyes the ball till it makes contact with the racquet (Federer is the only other person I know that does this). Mentally strong as well. She's the complete player and her only weakness is being physically weak, but that's only because she's 15. Pencil her in for the Top 10 in the future.

I really just support one player to another depending on who's playing.

Safin will always be my favourite. He was a legend. Reminded me a lot of Richo.

John Newcombe is my all-time fave, I first started following tennis because of him when he beat Connors to win the Aus Open. Classic serve - volley style which I like best.
Pat Cash - great fighting spirit
Henry Leconte was always fun to watch
Rafter

Mary Pierce had great style:)
Dominic Van Roost
Molik
Dokic

I really just support one player to another depending on who's playing.

Safin will always be my favourite. He was a legend. Reminded me a lot of Richo.

Good comparison. Safin will always be one of my favourites. He was probably the first really big guy with amazing athleticism, and he didn't take himself too seriously. He could have won more Slams with a more professional attitude, but what a life he led!

Sorry Tomic, but Barty is now my fav :D

Watched her play recently and she's amazing. Great forehand (identical to Federer), serve and return. Solid backhand. Good at the net. Fast and great footwork. Eyes the ball till it makes contact with the racquet (Federer is the only other person I know that does this). Mentally strong as well. She's the complete player and her only weakness is being physically weak, but that's only because she's 15. Pencil her in for the Top 10 in the future.

Think you might have gone a bit early on her, but hey I hope she ends up as good you think.

Myself I haven't had a fav player since rafter so its been a while.

Think you might have gone a bit early on her, but hey I hope she ends up as good you think.

Myself I haven't had a fav player since rafter so its been a while.[/quote

I really only have one favourite player Rafael Nadal and many others that I like Federer, Tsonga and a few others. The quality underneath is not as good as it use to be!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back