Why are we turning on our own after one loss????

Remove this Banner Ad

Supporters are frustrated and need to vent, so they let it all out and inevitably guys like Cheney cop the worst of it weather they deserve it or not.

If that offends you then perhaps you should be reminded nobody's putting a gun to your head and forcing you to read this board straight after a loss.

Disappointing to lose to the Cats? Yes.

Season defining/career ending/crossroad crossing? Bit rich to suggest this in round 5.

Winning a premiership is not like downloading an app.

People are carrying on like we scored 30 points against Melbourne or something.

We did not play horribly. No players deserves to be delisted. We just lost a hard fought game against a tough opponent. But on the plus side, we stayed with them for 3 quarters and suffered no injuries and no reports.

It's hardly worth crying over or overanalysing. I doubt Clarko is punching any walls right now.

People are carrying on like we scored 30 points against Melbourne or something.

We did not play horribly. No players deserves to be delisted. We just lost a hard fought game against a tough opponent. But on the plus side, we stayed with them for 3 quarters and suffered no injuries and no reports.

It's hardly worth crying over or overanalysing. I doubt Clarko is punching any walls right now.

Your shitting me arent you? So if that was not horrible, what was it?

Your shitting me arent you? So if that was not horrible, what was it?

If you consider scoring 12.15.87 against the Cats is 'horrible' then what did you think of West Coast's 4.8.32 last week?

Get some perspective. We were in the game until the final quarter.

If you want to see the Hawks play horrible football find some replays from 2004 when we would regularly lose by 80 points.

To answer the OP, it's because we are frustrated, very frustrated, because of the same old, same old, close game, but nevertheless another loss to that team, Geelong.

If the coaching staff are equally as frustrated, and analyse all our Geelong losses, they should find the answer. We have about four months to find out if they can.

I'm sorry, where have I "eaten my own?"

I have raised a reasonable point about one of our key players and his form in big games. I have also invited anybody that wants to to put forward a counter argument to my point to do so.

So far, I am still waiting for that counter argument.

As for Clarko having a "plan" to beat Geelong, I am sure he does. The problem is that it seems to be the same plan that he has had since 2008 and it has worked once. Once in 13 (and even that game could have easily gone the other way). Perhaps he needs to revisit the plan. What is that saying about doing the same thing repeatedly yet expecting a different result? And what was dished up yesterday was no different to what we have seen against Geelong for the last 6 seasons.
My post about eating your own was more based around the thread title, which I incorrectly referenced anyway so my bad. I quoted you about the game-plan side of things and robust discussion. I differ in my view on the plan side of things though. I think the PF plan was much different to that of the previous losses. Yesterday we seemed to revert back to the old plan. Plenty of credit also has to be given to Geelong as I think they break us down to a point that the players throw all plans out the window and that has been the problem. I still think that the plan is not the problem, we always mis easy set shots against these guys that cost us. Conversely they seem to nail their shots. That says to me that much of it is above the head and not in the strategy or skill.

In no particular order the board has blamed:

Hodgie
Rough
Suckers
Cyril
Cheney (clearly the new Murphy)
Lewis
Game plan
Catters scragging tactics
Lake non-selection
Buddy (FFS!)

They outplayed us and after 10 or 11 straight wins, including a flag, we were (possibly) due.
It pisses me off too that we lost again to the pussies, making it 2-14 or something silly now.
The frustration is we don't seem to learn from it.

Hopefully all the guys above that were poor yesterday put in big performances against the Tiges on Sunday.

I think it's more the method of the loss
Don't think anyone cares that we lose, but rather that when challenged, we have made a habit of rolling over and playing into the oppositions hands

It is extremely frustrating as supporters, to be expected to hang around and cheer your team on, whilst the players on the field roll over like that

To answer the OP, it's because we are frustrated, very frustrated, because of the same old, same old, close game, but nevertheless another loss to that team, Geelong.

If the coaching staff are equally as frustrated, and analyse all our Geelong losses, they should find the answer. We have about four months to find out if they can.

The same thing happened last year and by year's end we were holding up the premiership cup. No need for wailing and gnashing of teeth just yet IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're winning one every 12, I dare say that's cause for concern. You have to focus on the geelong games in isolation, unless we're relying on someone else to knock them out.

It's all a question of perspective.

I'm sorry that you feel perspective is equivalent to cliche, but that's your business.

This board is here for people to vent, apparently, so go for it. I'll just make sure not to mistake it for reasoned discussion.

Last edited:
God forbid if we lose to Richmond next week and this board will go into meltdown. Its at times like this when you develop a healthy respect for fans of the Melbourne Footy club.

Criticism of your teams performance is hardly eating your own...the fact you are unable to differentiate between the 2 is more of a concern!

Suffice to say that when the self-same blokes turn on the stink continuously, ad-nauseum against the same team time after bloody time, then its time for the forensics with their scalpels & hack saws to go to work!

Ha! That might have been me!! Belgrave line? Hobo-looking bloke with a beard and long hair?

You forgot to add: 'Likes lurking around opposition team's BF meltdowns.' :p

Though I really have no idea why ppl are getting so upset after watching a pretty good game of footy that was on display yesterday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back