Why aren't Shorten and the ALP doing better now?

Remove this Banner Ad

If I visit my regular GP I have to pay $38 on top of the Medicare contribution. If I can't get in there I can go down the road to a practise that offers Bulk Billing. My understanding is that the government was proposing a $7 charge, later reduced to $5, now scrapped altogether.

A small contribution for each patient visit was entirely reasonable but it's gone now and there's another $900 million from the budget left to find by taxpayers.
But the co-payment wasn't going to do anything for the bottom line, it was going into a research fund. I think this is where they failed to convince the public.
I for one don't like changing doctors even though another may bulk bill, however, paying a medicare levy then $38 per visit, I can't see where it is free.
Subsided yes, free, no.

Rats played the man initially.

You and your group of you leftists must be so proud of yourselves with your pithy swipes and snide comments.

There is a difference from being antagonistic and clever.
Mmm, I think it was you that brought up about playing the man and not the ball. That is why I pointed it out to you.

No, it was perfectly justified.
Unfinished sentence I think.
But to get back to the thread title, not sure there is any urgency for the ALP yet, however in Shorten's case, think he needs to do more.
As does, unfortunately for me does Milne and the Greens.

Rats played the man initially.

You and your group of you leftists must be so proud of yourselves with your pithy swipes and snide comments.

There is a difference from being antagonistic and clever.

Great, another knuckle dragger who goes in to a tailspin after having the basic premise of their OWN argument presented to them.

Why do people post on a forum if they expect everyone to agree with them?

Abbott stands for stuff, even if most of it is a joke.

Shorten does not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ja, Abbott's performance has made Labor lazy.
Shorten thinks he can just sit back with little plan (as per Dan Andrews) and coast into office. A change of Lib leader, when not if, will force Labor to actually start making policy. Today's announcement is a good start.

Steady on, dan andrews has done more in four months than the previous rabble did in two years

Mind you thats not saying much, they fid sweet fa

Steady on, dan andrews has done more in four months than the previous rabble did in two years

Mind you thats not saying much, they fid sweet fa
I'm expecting a backflip on East-West Link.
A little birdie tells me the Libs planted more landmines than merely the $1bn payment to Leighton - a certain overseas company is quite confident that government will also have to pay the 20 year projected returns as per the black-balled business case.

A little birdie tells me the Libs planted more landmines than merely the $1bn payment to Leighton - a certain overseas company is quite confident that government will also have to pay the 20 year projected returns as per the black-balled business case.
Well, I hope that he releases the full contract and any other documentation.
If true, the Libs and their donors should be made to contribute.

Shorten is like a 4 year old child. No concept of money, where it comes from or what happens when its gone. Thinks it grows on trees. I guess he's not far wrong when your entire career has been embedded in union politics, where everything is funded by others and those creating wealth are actually the "enemy". People know it too. He also once stated that "he didn't know what Gillard said but he supported it" ... the first class numpity

This.

I expect the ALP to build the EWL and then roll out a campaign targeting the LNP and the dodgy deals planted in the contract with the builders. I wouldnt be suprised if Andrews does call an investigation into the entire EWL deal for political points.

This.

I expect the ALP to build the EWL and then roll out a campaign targeting the LNP and the dodgy deals planted in the contract with the builders. I wouldnt be suprised if Andrews does call an investigation into the entire EWL deal for political points.
Wouldn't; be a hard sell - in addition to the contract signing there's the business case that is far below 1:1 return

There is a very strong case for the western part, alternative river crossing.

My personal hope is more bipartisanship, transparency, and accountability comes out of this.

If governments are indeed becoming shorter in duration, then a way to be held aacountable to the electorate needs to emerge.
Perhaps a full and frank enqiry might help, but only if our jounalists dont try to grind it down to the lowesst common denomitator, a slanging match

Example in point. After the black saturday bushfires, the enquiry came up with lots of consrtuctive improvements

What did the public get served up to it in great detail ? A witch hunt about christine nixon

Shorten is like a 4 year old child. No concept of money, where it comes from or what happens when its gone. Thinks it grows on trees. I guess he's not far wrong when your entire career has been embedded in union politics, where everything is funded by others and those creating wealth are actually the "enemy". People know it too. He also once stated that "he didn't know what Gillard said but he supported it" ... the first class numpity

You sound like a four year old child who discoverd a dictionary

We had a fine businessman, bailleu who turned out to be a total waste as premier so your logic means nothing

The enemy is multinationals like apple who charge an "australian premium" for the same downloads other countries get cheaper, geoblocked.
Then they pay bugger all tax here. Why do they need to charge more ? 30% less tax on profits should translate ot a fair percentage off prices

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back