Why did Brisbane take Aish?

Remove this Banner Ad

If his contract is up and he seeks a trade back home , then he's looking out for himself . You can go against that. We saw it with Beams last year

Funny that the lions will now be whinging over Aish heading back home, after holding the cards in the Christensen and Beams deals and being twats about it

Says more about the self entitled culture of these young draftees.

They enter the draft knowing that they can be jettisoned anywhere across the country. Rather than see this as an opportunity to grow into an independent young man away from home and knowing they still have the resources and backup of an AFL club if need be, they would prefer to have mummy still cook dinner.

Soft utensils.

Does my ******* head in.
Thats a bit harsh. If a player see's an opportunity to head back home to his family, why shouldn't he take it? Aish is still really only a kid.

Some people are different to others and really its a very small percentage that actually head home. It doesn't make them a soft utensil.

Just remember that the draft is only one court case from becoming null and void. The AFL will not force players into signing deals for more than 2 years. It's up to each club to make its environment a place u don't want to leave, not force players to stay where they don't want to be.
Would any of u stay in a job u don't like ?

I know plenty of people who don't like their job ... not sure what you mean?

If his contract is up and he seeks a trade back home , then he's looking out for himself . You can go against that. We saw it with Beams last year

Funny that the lions will now be whinging over Aish heading back home, after holding the cards in the Christensen and Beams deals and being twats about it

and because you are still dirty that Beams left you can't see how the Beams situation and the Aish situation are completely different.

Why should any club pick him up after he has shown an absolutely disgusting attitude whilst playing football for the Lions? If you are going to go after a player they should at least give the perception that they are trying to perform for the club, let alone giving up and waiting for 'weem lickering' to get him the most money possible for him

To be fair, people weren't just rating him on junior form. He was an important contributor in the midfield in back-to-back SANFL premiership sides for Norwood, and was near-BOG in the 2012 SANFL GF as a 16-year-old (current Melbourne player Dean Terlich won the Jack Oatey Medal on the day, for best afield). He did this while weighing about 65kg too, so he was contributing with genuine football skill and talent, not from being a "man-child" type (ala a young Shannon Hurn at Central). Not really sure what issues he's having this year, but I thought he was good and pretty underrated (in terms of Rising Star ddiscussion) in 2014 too.

I am really pleased that someone else has pointed out how well Aish performed in the SANFL. After watching the way he performed there I thought he was someone to watch come draft time - I also thought that Fantasia who the Bombers picked up was one to watch too.
I do think Aish has talent and displayed some of it for the Lions.
I really don't know about his issues with the Lions this year but something more than banishing him to the NEAFL needs to be done with him although apart from teaming him with someone like Simon Black I am not sure what.
It would be a great pity for the Lions to lose him and/or for his latent talent to be wasted.

Strange then that the biggest bidder for his signature are , rumoured to be, Melbourne clubs.
not wanting to sound arrogant however i really don't think there is much of a go home factor from melbourne clubs compared to the rest of the comp. Melbourne being a "football" city compared to sydney and brisbane and also... lets not beat around the bush... able to offer a little more then both adelaide and Perth.

Most interstate players who get drafted to Melbourne clubs grow to love the place and don't think of heading back home. I doubt if Aish was drafted to a good melbourne club he'd be wanting to go home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And I want to live in a land of rainbows and unicorns where money just appears in my wallet when I need it, but alas reality is biatch.
He can dictate where he wants to play though....you can't dictate where you want to work (unless you are really good in your field and employers know it)

Supply demand

He can dictate where he wants to play though....you can't dictate where you want to work (unless you are really good in your field and employers know it)

Supply demand
Um - the question that was asked was "Would you stay in a job you didn't like?". I just pointed out that lots of people do.

I also love that AFL players think that they should be able to move anywhere they want, that somehow having a job in Brisbane is a massive sacrifice.

Most top-level jobs require sacrifice, you cannot demand much if you want to be the CEO of a major company ... in fact it works the other way. You move to where the job is, work the hours that are required + some, then get rewarded / compensated.

I've got no issue with young men wanting to work in one state or another, but don't present it as some sort of "right" that all of society have.

and because you are still dirty that Beams left you can't see how the Beams situation and the Aish situation are completely different.
I think you'll find the majority of Pie fans are more unhappy about the tactics used in getting Beams than actually losing the player himself. We're very happy with the trade at this stage

If be pretty surprised if he went to a melb club. Thought the whole thing was home sickness.
Think he'd be better off getting over himself, signing a 3 year deal with Brisbane, and start playing good footy.
That's what we thought about Mitch Clark. But on the way home to WA, he dropped in on Melbourne .. and Geelong. This pining for home comforts has got to be one of the greatest furphys yet invented. When the Scott bros were in the leadership group, even Aker toed the line.

I'm more curious as to why he isn't performing this year but seemed fine last year? Maybe I'm biased but the addition of Beams, Christensen & Robinson probably doesn't help the Lions culture.
Yes you are biased. The loss of Patfull and the unavailability of Rockliff and Hanley ( 60 possessions per game ) have hurt.

Typical Collingwood response. Ignore someone so they cant reply and then you can sit back and feel superior. Ever wonder why Collingwood fans are the most disliked of all AFL fans? Its not because you're successful or because Collingwoods a top 4 whatever. Its because 90% of you are twats.
Whatever they do, they cannot get the results of 2002 and 2003 GFs reversed. It is seared into their souls. Especially the mass exodus of Pie fans @ 3/4 time in 2003 GF - one of the great sporting moments.

I think you'll find the majority of Pie fans are more unhappy about the tactics used in getting Beams than actually losing the player himself. We're very happy with the trade at this stage
Tactics?? Your own club set a deadline to members and said they were going to negotiate with other clubs that Beams himself did not even want to play for. Then, they ignored said deadlines. Dead set, I get Pies fans would be disappointed to lose him but the 'hate' shown towards Brisbane is unfathomable considering what you got for him.

Tactics?? Your own club set a deadline to members and said they were going to negotiate with other clubs that Beams himself did not even want to play for. Then, they ignored said deadlines. Dead set, I get Pies fans would be disappointed to lose him but the 'hate' shown towards Brisbane is unfathomable considering what you got for him.
Hate? There's no hate over here, mate. I would personally shake the hand of everyone at BL and hug Leppa for delivering us Jack Crisp.

Hate? There's no hate over here, mate. I would personally shake the hand of everyone at BL and hug Leppa for delivering us Jack Crisp.

You're clearly still salty though, just look at your Avatar. You're obsessed with the Lions. Its concerning.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back