NFL Why do You Support the Team You Support?

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
Started following NFL in the late 80s. Loved watching the Bengals players James Brooks and Ickey Woods so decided to support the Bengals.

Apr 5, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Beantown
Some day I will know which team I support as I will feel it in my heart (not to be confused with gut).

Tip with the heart week wouldn't work. There's never going to be a week where all the teams you hate lose.
Jump on the Browns. That'll fit quite nicely with your Saints membership.

Go Falcons JB, you and Riggy deserve each other
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Short version - Um, pre-emptive bandwagon.
The future looked brighter behind a 23 year old Matt Ryan than a 37 year old Kurt Warner.

Long version -
Started following the NFL in 2006 when I heard about Ben Graham being a captain for the Jets. Didn't enjoy watching them.
Played Madden 07 and thought Patriots with Moss would be amazing so went to New England. Nek minnut, 16-0. I'm not joining a bandwagon.
2008 I moved onto the Eagles due to Saverio Rocca. Still couldn't enjoy it so decided to pick a team that year about mid year and just stick with them.

Came down to Arizona and Atlanta. Everyone said go Arizona. But I saw no future after Warner left, so I went Atlanta.

Juggalo Balla picks Atlanta........Nek minnut
"Detroit Lions. Was a Falcons fan, but I hated our own fan base so couldn't stick with them anymore. Loved Kellen Moore so went Detroit"

Got given a Raiders jersey for x mas in about 1989 as a youngish lad....wondered what this sport was all about, bought an NFL almanac and looked up the history of the Raiders. Gave me a 'Port Adelaide' feeling, so was a good fit.

Now we have been s**t for a decade, but once we choose, no turning back.
Fck it :(

Got given a Raiders jersey for x mas in about 1989 as a youngish lad....wondered what this sport was all about, bought an NFL almanac and looked up the history of the Raiders. Gave me a 'Port Adelaide' feeling, so was a good fit.

Now we have been s**t for a decade, but once we choose, no turning back.
Fck it :(
Sounds almost like Port.
Maybe Raiders will turn it around in 2 years and go from worst in the league to good?

I went with Arizona because I liked the Kurt Warner story and Larry Fitzgerald, and their stadium.
Boise owns that stadium :cool:
I think we opened it o_O
Or did you play there in the 06 season?

Fantasy football made me choose the Packers, it was nearly the colts though due to Peyton Manning, then watched a Packers vs Steelers game (I think it was a Wildcard game? or the last game of the season) and "A a ron" sealed the deal.

Juggalo Balla picks Atlanta........Nek minnut
"Detroit Lions. Was a Falcons fan, but I hated our own fan base so couldn't stick with them anymore. Loved Kellen Moore so went Detroit"

Detroit is a bigger hole than Cleveland. They only have a roof because it was paid for pre-GFC.

Back