Why does one become a mod?

Remove this Banner Ad

What is the difference between a mod and a supermod? (well apart from the capes)
As Fyfie said, in theory Supers can mod any board on the site. In practice we generally only do that if the mods of a particular board request assistance (say they're AWOL after a bad loss), or if something particularly objectionable or lurid is posted up and requires immediate action.

A lot of the Supers' work goes on behind the scenes, working with board mods and users on various issues that arise.

Has a mod ever been carded? Or worse had his account banned permanently?

Only once that I recall, back in the very early days. Who and why doesn't matter.

Has a mod ever been carded? Or worse had his account banned permanently?

Puts up hand

My only card was when I was a mod. Few years ago now though

But as I understand mods do not get paid, but have to do a lot of work to maintain harmony on the board that they control.

Problem with BF is that it is a massive forum.

Which shows we must be doing something right. It took years to build up momentum.

I was one of two regular Carlton supporters when I first arrived. We got a few more but we didn't have our own team board yet, so I lobbied for it, got it and took on the mod role to stimulate discussion on it. After years of doing it, I stepped down for a short time, but found I was still visiting every day and figured I could still moderate it while reading and had more input into direction as a mod, so returned. So, it's really about helping maintain a standard and being involved from the beginning that keeps me on board.

I was one of two regular Carlton supporters when I first arrived. We got a few more but we didn't have our own team board yet, so I lobbied for it, got it and took on the mod role to stimulate discussion on it. After years of doing it, I stepped down for a short time, but found I was still visiting every day and figured I could still moderate it while reading and had more input into direction as a mod, so returned. So, it's really about helping maintain a standard and being involved from the beginning that keeps me on board.

I can only imagine that the last couple of weeks has tested your desire and patience, given Carlton's predicament and the abuse and trolls that occur on your board?

I can only imagine that the last couple of weeks has tested your desire and patience, given Carlton's predicament and the abuse and trolls that occur on your board?

I was here for 3 wooden spoons and two 15ths. I'm accustomed.

I was here for 3 wooden spoons and two 15ths. I'm accustomed.

I just lurked liked your posts…..

w5NUFLP.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not love of the Chief?

This makes the Chief sad :(

I used to mod a website and server to do with gaming. I enjoyed the community interaction with tournaments but modding peoples behavior on a chat/battling server was the biggest choir... like working for free. Forum stuff wasn't bad but became boring. Depends if you enjoy it and have the time, can't really speak for BF mods though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back