Israel, Palestine, and everything related

Remove this Banner Ad

Does Kosovo have a seat in the United Nations?

Well given Libya was elected chairman of the United Nations Human Rights Commission whilst Gadaffi was in power I am not sure that I any reference to the UN of any particular importance.

Is not / has not Israel been in violation of many UN resolutions? They cant have it both ways.

Well given Libya was elected chairman of the United Nations Human Rights Commission whilst Gadaffi was in power I am not sure that I any reference to the UN of any particular importance.

Is not / has not Israel been in violation of many UN resolutions? They cant have it both ways.

My original point remains. Israel is a legally sovereign nation, recognised as a legitimate country by the United Nations and the vast majority of its members and is a member of said body.

I am starting to think that Westerners love attacking Israel for what they do to Arabs to try and wash their own conscience in the process.

By body count alone the Anglo's inflict a shitload more death and mayhem on the Arab world than the Israeli's do. but it makes us feel better to say "at least we aren't Israel!"

I am starting to think that Westerners love attacking Israel for what they do to Arabs to try and wash their own conscience in the process.

By body count alone the Anglo's inflict a shitload more death and mayhem on the Arab world than the Israeli's do. but it makes us feel better to say "at least we aren't Israel!"
Seeing as the Arab World used the plague-bodies for biological warfare (not that the Crusaders wouldn't have tried the same) I'd say that the death and mayhem tolls are fairly equal. Who did what to whom is irrelevant, we all need to stop doing it.

Not particularly interested if you don't support your claims without evidence.

17 September 2002

I can think of a rogue state which consistently ignores UN resolutions, whose ruler is a war criminal responsible for the massacres of civilians in refugee camps outside its borders. The US supports and funds this country. This year it gave it a blank cheque to continue its repression of its enemies. It uses US military hardware to bulldoze homes and kill civilians. It is called Israel, and the war criminal is Ariel Sharon. Needless to say, the US does not mention the UN resolutions that Israel has ignored for 30 years; it just continues sending the money.

17 September 2002

I can think of a rogue state which consistently ignores UN resolutions, whose ruler is a war criminal responsible for the massacres of civilians in refugee camps outside its borders. The US supports and funds this country. This year it gave it a blank cheque to continue its repression of its enemies. It uses US military hardware to bulldoze homes and kill civilians. It is called Israel, and the war criminal is Ariel Sharon. Needless to say, the US does not mention the UN resolutions that Israel has ignored for 30 years; it just continues sending the money.
It is a shame, when you give up personal beliefs to support a party line.

Seeing as the Arab World used the plague-bodies for biological warfare (not that the Crusaders wouldn't have tried the same) I'd say that the death and mayhem tolls are fairly equal. Who did what to whom is irrelevant, we all need to stop doing it.

They learned that from the Mongols. The whole corpse flinging thing.

My mother shared a story with me one day.

It involved the U.S. It involved their 'army'. It also involved rape, murder and blatant disrespect towards the natives.

They made a 'movie' about this event.

It was called 'Black Hawk Down'.

The US, Israel and any country that is supportive of their actions can go to hell.

The fact that Israel continually steals Palestinian land is enough for me.

The Western world has been and will continue to target Muslim people.

And not a single commercial Western news outlet will dare uncover the truth.

The fact that Israel continually steals Palestinian land is enough for me...

More news out of Israel to get you a little more crazy, Q

http://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-reportedly-plans-to-take-3000-acres-near-jerusalem/

IDF soldiers gave out orders Saturday informing Palestinians of Israel’s plans to confiscate 3,176 acres (12,852 dunams) around the West Bank village of Beit Iksa for military purposes, Palestinian media reported.

Beit Iksa residents said to Ma’an news agency that soldiers at a checkpoint distributed the orders, signed by head of the IDF Central Command Gen. Nitzan Alon.

The orders gave the residents until the end of 2017 to leave the land in question...

I wonder what 'military purposes' will entail. Keeping Palestinians out while exclusively Jewish 'settlers' are allowed to move in to ethnically cleansed new neighbourhoods?

Who knows.

Yeah. Definite pity that killing and murder has to be a part of all this - both sides need to reject the hardline fringe that they each have. No state for Jews only. No state for Muslims only. Only together in co-existence will a viable future be had by any in that land.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Palestinians are already walled in and building a wall around the Israeli's will go down real well.

apply the opposite. kick them all out and don't let any of them back in until they agree to behave.

I was actually going to engage in a meaningful discussion with you until this. This is where I stop.

There is no point responding to ignorant s**t like this that is not only full of baseless hateful propaganda, but CATEGORICALLY wrong.

The Israelis share the blame (with hamas) for Palestinian casualties, sure. Do they indiscriminately cause casualties at the expense of protecting their own civilians? probably. But to go as far and say they are deliberately targeting women and children goes beyond the scope of any rational thought and understanding. Ironic that it is actually Hamas doing this. But they cant get passed the Israeli defence so that makes it OK to you.

There have been many and multiple examples over the years of the IDF deliberately targeting civilians, not least of which was the example I provided in my post of the school being used as a sanctuary being deliberately targeted as verified by the UN - don't be so stupid.

There have been many and multiple examples over the years of the IDF deliberately targeting civilians, not least of which was the example I provided in my post of the school being used as a sanctuary being deliberately targeted as verified by the UN - don't be so stupid.

Oh ok, so whatever the [incompetent] UN say it's so, makes it so? These the same blokes that handed over rockets directly to Hamas terrorists during the conflict? The same blokes that had stored illegal terrorist weapons in schools, mosques under their watch?

Nothing has changed since my post, show me an example where the IDF deliberately targets civilians for no other purpose than but to kill civilians. You don't seem to use logic and reason.

For instance, you see on the news that IDF bombs a target near or around a school, and immediately come to the conclusion that Israel targets civilians. At the same time you ignore the entire picture:

1. Hamas stores weapons and/or known jihadist terrorists at the location
1b. Hamas purposely hides weapons in schools to maximise the chance of civilian casualties for worldwide sympathy (in order to get more billions in aid to use on further weapons or to build further terror tunnels).
1c. Hamas fires weapons from said location to try and kill as many innocent civilians as possible.
2. IDF target the area mentioned in 1, to stop rocket fire or to destroy weapons.
3. The news shows part of a civilian location having been bombed.

You sir, see points 2 and 3, whilst ignoring point 1, 1b and 1c.

The funny thing is champ, when you include points 1, 1b and 1c, you note Israel IS NOT shooting at civilians, but they are shooting at terrorists that hide behind civilians. Totally different.

Whether you think who is right is irrelevent in this debate (although if you think its OK for terrorists to hold their own civilians as hostages by placing them in danger, good luck to you), but your pure drivel stating that IDF intentionally target civilians is pure shite. If that was so, there would be no Palestinians.There would be no warnings. Israel has the capability to turn gaza into rubble in a matter of hours if they wanted. The fact that Gaza continues to keep on (and keep terrorizing innocent israeli civilians), is contrary to your post. You are simply wrong.

strauchnyy, can I ask you a reasonable question? Why is there this insistence on a JEWISH state existing when its causing so much turmoil, death and hatred? Why can't they share the land? You've got Jewish hardliners, insisting that their God gave them and ONLY them exclusive rights to Israel. You've got hardline Islamists insisting that THEIR land be cleansed of Jews.

Both are disgusting viewpoints, and along with ALL other ethno-religious supremacist views, have no place in a civilised world.

We should be encouraging the moderates of both sides to grow a political base of their own. We should be condemning the hardliners of both sides at every turn, imposing financial sanctions on their political parties and travel sanctions on their ability to travel and fundraise abroad.

The international community needs to stand tough against ethno-religious supremacist views wherever the noxious weeds take root.

strauchnyy, can I ask you a reasonable question? Why is there this insistence on a JEWISH state existing when its causing so much turmoil, death and hatred? Why can't they share the land? You've got Jewish hardliners, insisting that their God gave them and ONLY them exclusive rights to Israel. You've got hardline Islamists insisting that THEIR land be cleansed of Jews.

Both are disgusting viewpoints, and along with ALL other ethno-religious supremacist views, have no place in a civilised world.

We should be encouraging the moderates of both sides to grow a political base of their own. We should be condemning the hardliners of both sides at every turn, imposing financial sanctions on their political parties and travel sanctions on their ability to travel and fundraise abroad.

The international community needs to stand tough against ethno-religious supremacist views wherever the noxious weeds take root.

I also think the question needs to be asked 'which bit is Israel'? Because they have enlarged the place bit by bit since the 1967 war. Even now they just move the fence whenever & wherever they feel the need. Even within townships.

Oh ok, so whatever the [incompetent] UN say it's so, makes it so? These the same blokes that handed over rockets directly to Hamas terrorists during the conflict? The same blokes that had stored illegal terrorist weapons in schools, mosques under their watch?

Nothing has changed since my post, show me an example where the IDF deliberately targets civilians for no other purpose than but to kill civilians. You don't seem to use logic and reason.

For instance, you see on the news that IDF bombs a target near or around a school, and immediately come to the conclusion that Israel targets civilians. At the same time you ignore the entire picture:

1. Hamas stores weapons and/or known jihadist terrorists at the location
1b. Hamas purposely hides weapons in schools to maximise the chance of civilian casualties for worldwide sympathy (in order to get more billions in aid to use on further weapons or to build further terror tunnels).
1c. Hamas fires weapons from said location to try and kill as many innocent civilians as possible.
2. IDF target the area mentioned in 1, to stop rocket fire or to destroy weapons.
3. The news shows part of a civilian location having been bombed.

You sir, see points 2 and 3, whilst ignoring point 1, 1b and 1c.

The funny thing is champ, when you include points 1, 1b and 1c, you note Israel IS NOT shooting at civilians, but they are shooting at terrorists that hide behind civilians. Totally different.

Whether you think who is right is irrelevent in this debate (although if you think its OK for terrorists to hold their own civilians as hostages by placing them in danger, good luck to you), but your pure drivel stating that IDF intentionally target civilians is pure shite. If that was so, there would be no Palestinians.There would be no warnings. Israel has the capability to turn gaza into rubble in a matter of hours if they wanted. The fact that Gaza continues to keep on (and keep terrorizing innocent israeli civilians), is contrary to your post. You are simply wrong.

Keep on rationalising Israeli war crimes while you can, you're on the wrong side of history on this one just like the "good Germans" who rationalised Nazi crimes against humanity and all the others who have rationalised state sponsored terrorism.

Nothing has changed since the Zionists' infamous "Plan D" in 1948 that ethnically cleansed an entire people. Recently, on the website of the Times of Israel were the words: "Genocide is Permissible". A deputy speaker of the Knesset, the Israeli parliament, Moshe Feiglin, demands a policy of mass expulsion into concentration camps. An MP, Ayelet Shaked, whose party is a member of the governing coalition, calls for the extermination of Palestinian mothers to prevent them giving birth to what she calls "little snakes".

For years, reporters have watched Israeli soldiers bait Palestinian children by abusing them through loud-speakers. Then they shoot them dead. For years, reporters have known about Palestinian women about to give birth and refused passage through a roadblock to a hospital; and the baby has died, and sometimes the mother.

For years, reporters have known about Palestinian doctors and ambulance crews given permission by Israeli commanders to attend the wounded or remove the dead, only to be shot through the head.

For years, reporters have known about stricken people prevented from getting life-saving treatment, or shot dead when they've tried to reach a clinic for chemotherapy treatment. One elderly lady with a walking stick was murdered in this way - a bullet in her back.

When I put the facts of this crime to Dori Gold, a senior adviser to the Israeli prime minister, he said, "Unfortunately in every kind of warfare there are cases of civilians who are accidentally killed. But the case you cite was not terrorism. Terrorism means putting the cross-hairs of the sniper's rifle on a civilian deliberately."

I replied, "That's exactly what happened."

"No," he said, "it did not happen."

Such a lie or delusion is repeated unerringly by Israel's apologists. As the former New York Times reporter Chris Hedges points out, the reporting of such an atrocity invariably ends up as "caught in the cross-fire". For as long as I have covered the Middle East, much if not most of the western media has colluded in this way.

In one of my films, a Palestinian cameraman, Imad Ghanem, lies helpless while soldiers from the "most moral army in the world" blew both his legs off. This atrocity was given two lines on the BBC website. Thirteen journalists were killed by Israel in its latest bloodfest in Gaza. All were Palestinian. Who knows their names?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back