Certified Legendary Thread Q: Why did Freeman Leave St Kilda? (A: He was delisted)

Should the thread be closed

• Yes

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • No

Votes: 33 70.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sure that one will really take off :drunk::thumbsu:

Don't you have a Freeman thread on your board to discuss how the scum (Collingwood) destroyed your players hammies?

Are you sure about that. I thought we were way off what StKilda offered him.
Our offer was also mentioned on Voy a few times, not in detail though. I reckon that he would be on good pay once he could break into best 22 and become a solid performer. The freeman camp was by that time already on the answering machine of every Melb club.
Saints made an offer with less strings attached, something Freeman could relate to.

Our offer was also mentioned on Voy a few times, not in detail though. I reckon that he would be on good pay once he could break into best 22 and become a solid performer. The freeman camp was by that time already on the answering machine of every Melb club.
Saints made an offer with less strings attached, something Freeman could relate to.

I see what you did there. :p

Don't you have a Freeman thread on your board to discuss how the scum (Collingwood) destroyed your players hammies?
No, we're the filth remember? Get it right.

No, we're the filth remember? Get it right.
They are getting soft. Some of them even want to stop calling us 'filth'. We got to lift our game.

They are getting soft. Some of them even want to stop calling us 'filth'. We got to lift our game.
I saw that. At least we seem to be maintaining the facade that most of us are illiterate cretins.

I saw that. At least we seem to be maintaining the facade that most of us are illiterate cretins.
Thanks. Glad to see my efforts haven't gone unnoticed. Been working hard on that.

That first hammie he did has well and truly ruined his body. Freak accident. Can blame the club if he wants I don't care I'm happy we cashed him in.
What was so bad about it? We've seen many players tear a hamstring tendon and come back but freeman has a 'strain' 2 months ago and is only '2 weeks' away from full training?

What was so bad about it? We've seen many players tear a hamstring tendon and come back but freeman has a 'strain' 2 months ago and is only '2 weeks' away from full training?

Not sure why but Adam H is on the case now so maybe ask him ;)

images
:D

It's adorable hearing Saints supporters say "only 2 weeks away". It makes me feel like the older kid who knows Santa isn't real.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you get your jollies off a young kid being injuried then good luck to you.
If you read through the previous 67 pages you'll realise that's not what anyone in here is saying

Get used to it mate. We had 2 years of 'Nathan Freeman - 2-3 weeks'. :(

If you get your jollies off a young kid being injuried then good luck to you.
I guess it's going to have to be me who ruins the myth of Freeman. Gather round Saints children, it's time you learned the truth...

Just under 2 years ago Nathan Freeman was our new fresh faced recruit. Wasn't a stand out at training by any means, but had incredible speed in his bag of tricks which got us all a little giddy at what was to come.

Then during his first practice game, straight after a long kick, Freeman clutched the back of his leg like he was shot. It was confirmed he had torn his hamstring. An injury he had never had before "It's ok" we said. "It's just a tear and he is young, so he will be back in a couple of weeks."

Then came the injury report that will go down in magpie folklore. It read "Nathan Freeman hamstring 2-3 weeks". And so we waited.

We watched as the pages of the calender blew away like the ashes of dying camp fire. Weeks crept into months and the report remained the same "Nathan Freeman hamstring 2-3 weeks. The faithful began to question the elders "Why don't you just rush him back and see what happens?" "Is he being mismanaged?" "Is it a typo on the injury report?" But all we were told is 2-3 weeks away.

Years past and the report remained the same. Some say they saw what looked to be Freeman playing in the VFL once or twice. It was never confirmed but I choose to believe that he did return to the field one fateful winter afternoon when the sun was high and the fog was low.

Now I am an old man. I never saw Nathan Freeman play football but I hear stories that he may be at St Kilda now. They say he has a hamstring injury but is only 2-3 weeks away...

I'm actually one of the people who think it's stupid that he keeps getting put as '2 weeks' from a strain. Note my quote marks in my original post.

He's been 2 weeks away for 2 years now.

Maybe on someone else body the scans may look like 2 weeks away and his hamstrings just never recover???

Poor kid was 2 weeks away his entire 2 years of AFL football.

Back