Certified Legendary Thread Q: Why did Freeman Leave St Kilda? (A: He was delisted)

Should the thread be closed

• Yes

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • No

Votes: 33 70.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

But we are, aren't we? :confused:

Look at how we behaved towards Dale Thomas. And Dayne Beams.

Hell hath no fury like a Collingwood supporter scorned :p

You make a valid comment, but at the same time i think it was a minority.
Most of us believe if the players dont want to be at collingwood trade them. We do not want players like mcarthy at gws. It dosent matter who it is thomas beams or freeman.
The only 2 replies i wrote on the freeman thread, was to answer a saints supporters reply, and to say the article on freeman this week was full of bullshit and crap, and was far from the truth.

My point and logic is this. IMO after reading the article it sounds to me like he is doing something for the wrong reason and that is $.

He states he wants to become a star but at the same time states he doesn't know what his future will be in two years if he stayed. Mixed messages in that article for me.

Sorry mike but I still don't get Gen Y........the reality is I need to get it quick smart because my kids 7,6 & 4 will be Gen Z? soon enough!

I like fighters and to me he took the easiest option.

P.S Ask Ryan Shoemakers if he is happy with his decision at the end of 2014 to sign with the Hawks?
He took the option that would give him the most options, sounds strange but he will be higher up the pecking order at the Sainters and opportunity will come quicker . Two years out already and currently behind AT and JA, both will get more opportunity earlier because we will want them in the mix early, both have shown they can play, Freeman still unknown at AFL.

AFL careers are short, the guy was a Saints fan, let the guy get on with it. I would have done a straight swap Aish for Freeman given Freeman's injuries, it's worked out on balance OK.

Personally i think that article is the biggest load of bullshit i have read for a while.
I think he got together with Connors and came up with that crap. Obviously he is trying to play the sympathy card as the reason he left Collingwood.
From what i have been hearing his family or him have some affiliation to Stkilda , he comes from the east of Melbourne.Also he was quite bitter about his injuries in the last 2 years and blames the Collingwood medical staff in regards to how long he has been injured, including his father.
Also in his time at Collingwood he didnt quite grasp the Collingwood ethos or the Collingwood way. Also he didnt really make any friends or relationships with the staff or players, saying that he wasnt disliked either at his time at Collingwood.
And his departure from Collingwood to go to Stkilda was planned earlier then a lot of people think.He was never going to sign a extension to his contract.
The only consulation we needed his draft pick from the saints to get the deal done with Aish.

Plus he did not take his Recovery Professionally as well people have said

no - but we also didn't try to match the offer that Carlton put in front of him.

We gave a Offer to Daisy but we where not Matching the Stupid Price the Scum put up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You said that's untrue like you knew something and were going to back it up with some info or a source...

Don't bother listening to him. Known Troll

Why do you think Aish is a upgrade? Is it the same reason a person could assume Freemans ceiling is higher than Crisp Greenwood or Adams?
I'm on record as not being a fan of drafting Freeman in the first place. He has (had?) pace but didn't know how to use it. Didn't win enough of his own ball and at the same time was only an average kick at best for an outside, handball-receive type of player. Would have taken Aish over him every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Would not hesitate to take Adams over him too for that matter. Adams is quite obviously a very different type of player being a contested beast, and while he lacks polish, he can make a living off his undoubted strengths and play within his limitations. I have my doubts that Freeman will ever be able to use his pace as the weapon his combine numbers say it should be, if indeed he can even return to his athletic zenith.

Freeman's ceiling higher than Adams', aye? All based off a total of 0, zero games played. :$:$:$

Mind you, said poster probably fapped 'til it was a nub when he heard they were getting a player from Collingwood.

Freeman was caught multiple times drinking of field while in rehab with his hammy, He's more worried about his next drink.

That's untrue. Adam H knows more about our in house protocol than you. So he'd know.

I mean why would we trade someone when we can boot them and get nothing?

“It came back to if I stayed at Collingwood I felt like I could be out of the system in two years’ time,’’
Sorry if people have already picked up on this, (I'm not reading the whole thread now) but doesn't this quote suggest he [rightly or wrongly] had lost faith in the rehab system at the Pies?

“It came back to if I stayed at Collingwood I felt like I could be out of the system in two years’ time,’’
Sorry if people have already picked up on this, (I'm not reading the whole thread now) but doesn't this quote suggest he [rightly or wrongly] had lost faith in the rehab system at the Pies?

I didnt read that as having anything to do with his hammy, but rather whether he would be garaunteed to be playing regular AFL games at that stage.
His first 2 years in the system have basically been nothing years. In fact his inability to consistently get on to even the VFL field would have really hurt his value.

He knows that he's really gotta show something soon in order to give himself a reasonable AFL career, and he may not have had confidence of being able to climb high enough in our team to do that here.

Freeman was caught multiple times drinking of field while in rehab with his hammy, He's more worried about his next drink.

Amazing that nothing was said anywhere until he decided to leave isnt it.:thumbsu:

Back