Why is Round 23 vs North at Etihad?

Remove this Banner Ad

er no. My first game in Melbourne after I moved back from overseas was the game where Martin 33 & 4'd and we came back from behind to win by 9 at the Etihad.

Yeah about 7 years ago. 1 win in 10 years at etihad and about 2 wins in 15 years there. At the G I remember 1 win, 1 draw, 1 narrow loss and 1 bad loss at the G in 10 years

Last edited:

Lets kick off our finals campaign with dumping these tossers out of the finals at their own home ground, shitehad. Minnow club that feels high & mighty playing away games at their home ground. AFL should seriously wake up and ditch these tip rats from the comp pronto. Costing other teams and the AFL hundreds of thousands in revenue each year.

This game has been scheduled for Etihad(in stone) since the draw was released, only the date and time was yet to be decided. Unfortunately it was our one home game allocation there this year. I have 2 fixtures at home and they both state home game Etihad - Date and time to be announced.

We play an interstate side as our home game at Etihad Stadium at least once every year, and North are posing as an interstate side for us this year.

Interstate in Round 6 and our Etihad home game in Round 23.

An interstate side would bring more fans...

its stupid.

The tiger army don't fit in that ground

Not sure which would 'discourage' the AFL from doing it again....

1) The army turning up en-masse, leaving thousands of tigers fans locked out.
2) Mass boycott.

Im actually pretty happy with this game being played at Etihad on a friday night to be honest - Hear me out

We go into finals of a win usually and get belted in the 1st week
We are Norths Bitches - No doubt the team we struggle against the most

We will lose rnd23 and will re focus and get our s**t back together for the 1st week of finals

Yeah about 7 years ago. 1 win in 10 years at etihad and about 2 wins in 15 years there. At the G I remember 1 win, 1 draw, 1 narrow loss and 1 bad loss at the G in 10 years

Actually try 4.

And to be fair our record on the G this year has been less than stellar. 6/11 and that includes 2 wins over Carlton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's 100% at Etihad, and will not be changed

It's our afl quota game all MGC tenants have to do

Spot on.

Look we can't complain. We have had 10 home games at the MCG plus 4 aways featuring Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon and Hawthorn.

In other words we have had a Collingwood type draw. Not the AFL's fault North dragged us to Timbuktoo and the fact is that everyone has to play at the Dome sometimes.

No moaning lets just get on with it.

It actually kind of suits us. I'd rather not go to Etihad ever, but.... we have a quota.
Mid season against an interstate side..... who will show up for that?
North at the G? probably a similar turn out to capacity at Etihad.
Having it at Etihad may get a lot more gate payers, once you take out MCC members and a share of Tigers members that won't show, and add extra North supporters that wouldn't show up at the G.
I think RFC would not be bothered at all by this and best financial result from the Etihad agreement.
About time we take the attitude of beat anyone, anywhere.

Actually try 4.

And to be fair our record on the G this year has been less than stellar. 6/11 and that includes 2 wins over Carlton.

The fact is we have played at their home about 20 out of about 25 games against them this century. You don't have a problem with that? Beaten them about twice at Etihad in that time

Lets kick off our finals campaign with dumping these tossers out of the finals at their own home ground, emptyhead stadium. Minnow club that feels high & mighty playing away games at their home ground. AFL should seriously wake up and ditch these tip rats from the comp pronto. Costing other teams and the AFL hundreds of thousands in revenue each year.

EFA.

If we have to play at etihad because of norths no fans then that is a disgrace , it's already piss poor that there is no real home ground advantage for most Vic sides , seriously who gives a * if the g is half empty , it's OUR home ground , if we miss out on top 4 because of this then this comp is more of a joke then it already is

Angry old men, angry young men and hackneyed "norf has no supporters" jokes.

You're playing finals, you're playing well, we got the Friday night game, we've had a healthy rivalry in recent times. It promises to be a good game. It's all good. Relax.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back