Why is the media down on Geelong?

Remove this Banner Ad

OT ALERT:

Please support my new post on The Bay. "Boring - Geelong break another record"

I am posting and letting them destroy themselves for a while. Then I will return to have some fun.
You have a bite already (laughing)

FFFF****kkkkkk uuuuuuuuuuu

A teacher is explaining biology to her 4th grade students.
"Human beings are the only animals that stutter,' she says

A little girl raises her hand. 'I had a kitty-cat who stuttered.'
The teacher, knowing how precious some of these stories could become, asked the girl to describe the incident.

"Well," she began, 'I was in the back yard with my kitty and the Rottweiler that lives next door got a running start and before we knew it, he jumped over the fence into our yard!'
'That must've been scary,' said the teacher.
'It sure was,' said the little girl..

'My kitty raised her back, went "Ffffff!, Ffffff!, FfffffF,"
but before she could say 'F***-off !,' the Rottweiler ate her!
The teacher had to leave the room.

Last edited:
Watched all the shows so far this week. Not one of them mentioned Geelong. ¡Que raro!

Not sure why it matters to be honest. As long as they win the rest takes care of itself.

Tend to agree here. TBH, the less talk comes less pressure. We are old, slow, too young, just winning, not winning by enough etc.

The pressure is not really on us to make it. Almost covered as an 8th placed team sitting 3rd on the ladder.

Fine by me.

Lets win the next 5 and carry that into Sept. Then they can write all they want.

Go Catters

Tend to agree here. TBH, the less talk comes less pressure. We are old, slow, too young, just winning, not winning by enough etc.

The pressure is not really on us to make it. Almost covered as an 8th placed team sitting 3rd on the ladder.

Fine by me.

Lets win the next 5 and carry that into Sept. Then they can write all they want.

Go Catters

It absolutely isn't. I'm amused that people think we're still the team to beat. Love to know where they've been the last 2 seasons. The main thing is we're in a position to compete well, and it's absolutely in our hands how high we finish after the home and away season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It absolutely isn't. I'm amused that people think we're still the team to beat. Love to know where they've been the last 2 seasons. The main thing is we're in a position to compete well, and it's absolutely in our hands how high we finish after the home and away season.

And this has been Scotty's mantra all along. Get into a position, the best one possible, to have a chance in Sept. Clearly he has not been as worried as some others about HOW we have won - just getting the W has been enough. Im not dismissing the issues that are there but once the Sept stuff starts, exactly how you won the games to get into the Finals becomes completely irrelevant.

If we are good enough for ( hopefully) 3 games in Sept, we will have done enough and I guarantee that if the confetti coming from the cannons is Cats Blue and White how we won games thru the year will never be discussed again. (except by bitter poo and wee Bay 13 flogs…)

GO Catters

It's just strange top of ladder and not a peep.

Depends if you need that media focus I guess.

Nowadays this is my only exposure to football news. I don't look at any footy on TV now (outside match coverage itself). The info is just as good if not better here, and the dedication the various posters on here show, as well as knowledge of the salary cap, free agency restrictions and so on, is the equal if not superior to any journalist.

Nowadays this is my only exposure to football news. I don't look at any footy on TV now (outside match coverage itself). The info is just as good if not better here, and the dedication the various posters on here show, as well as knowledge of the salary cap, free agency restrictions and so on, is the equal if not superior to any journalist.
Good post. Media is all about choice, journalists will pick and choose what they feel is relevant/will provoke a response. Here you get a bit of everything. Fact, opinion, gibberish.

Good post. Media is all about choice, journalists will pick and choose what they feel is relevant/will provoke a response. Here you get a bit of everything. Fact, opinion, gibberish.
This place is the best..

Factual opinionated Gibberish….!:p

Go Catters

*note to self.... feed some made up garbage into BF for Partridge to read ..

errr.... MORE THAN THE USUAL made up garbage ;)

The media have been pretty easy on us recently compared to a lot of frustrated supporters on here, myself included. We may have won every game over the last month, but we sure as hell haven't been playing like a top four team. The next month will be telling.

It's just strange top of ladder and not a peep.

its even stranger when u think of the number of geelong supporters that work in the media , we probably have more supporters working in the media than any other club , just look at this list

gerald wheatley
anthony hudson
cameron mooney
peter larkins
tom harley
cameron ling
hamish mclachlan
sam newman
billy brownless
craig Hutchison

Ha I had no idea the Rompingwins and Hutchy were Cats guys. Actually I think RW and Gil's mum is a Cats fan or something.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back