Why is the media down on Geelong?

Remove this Banner Ad

its even stranger when u think of the number of geelong supporters that work in the media , we probably have more supporters working in the media than any other club , just look at this list

gerald wheatley
anthony hudson
cameron mooney
peter larkins
tom harley
cameron ling
hamish mclachlan
sam newman
billy brownless
craig Hutchison
Cats supporters just don't blow their own trumpets like some supporters from other clubs.

Ouch! Played like fiddle! Most of those Crocmedia blokes are pretty scummy though. Surprised Sandy Roberts signed with them.

Ha I had no idea the Rompingwins and Hutchy were Cats guys. Actually I think RW and Gil's mum is a Cats fan or something.
When I first discovered Craig Hutchison was a Cats supporter I very nearly cut up my membership.

I used to see him in the medallion club all the time.
Work shirt hanging out of his pants.
Probably came untucked after dumpster diving for a story.*

*Allegedly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like a crap game.
And going back to where you dragged that quoted from o_O

Which was "who would you prefer to be"

9 days later, it's now us. Because we can now block out Freo and Port.
Lets see what happens in a week.

It's why the season isn't a sprint.
Have blind faith all you want. Gets the club nowhere.

Beat Freo like we beat North then it's game on.

One thing that absolutely staggered me on Saturday night was Darcy's claim - twice - that they (Channel 7) had actually rung the AFL at half-time to see whether they would be instructing the umps to ease up on the sniper free kicks, to which the AFL had, allegedly, answered "Absolutely not".
So, 2 questions.
Who did nobble the umps at half-time?
And who do these pig-ignorant, obnoxious nuff nuffs think they are?

A Pies win would be a big help for our top four chances.

Pretty much locks us in to the top four (Port would now have to win two more games than us to get there), but I would have been reasonably keen to keep the (remote) possibility of a home Qualifying Final against Port Adelaide alive. We'd have to win our remaining games and hope Port can get above Fremantle (probably by beating Sydney along the way), so yeah, it's a longshot now, but still possible. That would be a gift, like West Coast in the 2011 Preliminary Final was.

One thing that absolutely staggered me on Saturday night was Darcy's claim - twice - that they (Channel 7) had actually rung the AFL at half-time to see whether they would be instructing the umps to ease up on the sniper free kicks, to which the AFL had, allegedly, answered "Absolutely not".
So, 2 questions.
I figured someone from the AFL had rung the umps at half time and told them to pull back on the 'behind the play' frees. There was too sharp a contrast between the 2nd and 3rd quarters for it to have been otherwise.

Then the stupid umpires must've felt guilty and went and evened up the frees in the second half- well, they actually swung the count too far in the opposite direction!

It was a weird second quarter, though- the umps had North players at each other's throat for quite some time, didn't they?

And who couldn't love Harvey's reaction after that soft second free against him on Christensen... "too HARD???!" he squeaked :D

Edit- just fixed Harvey's squeak ;) he said "hard", not "high" ..

Last edited:
So, 2 questions.
The umpires always review their performance at half time in every match, as there are more of them at the match than just the ones on the ground. So you often see a correction after half-time. On watching the 2nd quarter of the North game again most of those iffy free's came from one umpire. It still amazes me that Bundy got a free for that "love tap" on his chest because it was "too hard". So the senior umpire just telling that one guy to reign it in was all that was needed.

The umpires always review their performance at half time in every match, as there are more of them at the match than just the ones on the ground. So you often see a correction after half-time. On watching the 2nd quarter of the North game again most of those iffy free's came from one umpire. It still amazes me that Bundy got a free for that "love tap" on his chest because it was "too hard". So the senior umpire just telling that one guy to reign it in was all that was needed.
That's fair enough, too, Blakey- but these blokes have a hotline to the fellas in the room upstairs. Why not just a quick alert during the quarter to tell the over-enthusiastic umpire to rein it in a little? They were pretty quick with the instructions on Motlop's score review!
Speaking of which- how many times in our lives have we seen a touch-and-go goal like that one pulled up for review by the boys in the rooms? Glaring errors- yes, maybe- but not goals with inconclusive vision. I wasn't convinced by the footage shown that the ball did touch the post. Umpire's call, for mine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back