Society/Culture Why is there not a salary cap, for life?

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Bill Gates is the ultimate embarrassment to western governments. He has single handily spent more money on malaria research than the combined efforts of all western governments. It is also worth noting that his trust will hold the rights to any medical breakthrough they make to reinvest royalty money into other medical research and allow the drug to be produced cheaply by third world countries, thus stopping giant pharmaceutical companies from leeching billions from the third world.
And this is how it should be. It is not governments responsibility to rob its citizens through taxation and then spend it on what they feel is for our greater good. We choose if we want to donate to charitable organisations or acts. Not someone else.

Oct 3, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chicago Cubs
And this is how it should be. It is not governments responsibility to rob its citizens through taxation and then spend it on what they feel is for our greater good. We choose if we want to donate to charitable organisations or acts. Not someone else.
How about you sit down for a minute and contemplate how Australian society would look and function without taxpayers funding.

Jan 13, 2001
Waiting at the door for the pub to reopen
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Man City
So why are we as a country spending billions on submarines that will never see active duty, serve no deterent to our neighbours and are made overseas? Spending 2% on defence is a joke and something that should not happen

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
So why are we as a country spending billions on submarines that will never see active duty, serve no deterent to our neighbours and are made overseas? Spending 2% on defence is a joke and something that should not happen
Why don't you ask them?

That's your opinion.

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
How about you sit down for a minute and contemplate how Australian society would look and function without taxpayers funding.
I probably should of worded it better. The main functions of government is to protect our borders, guarantee our food and water supplies, and look after the basics. Most of the rest is up to us.

Maddhew

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
I would prefer to see any increase in tax collected to be spent on infrastructure, health, education, indigenous programs, childcare income tax subsidies

Australia pays enough in welfare, sadly the genuinely needy don't get enough due welfare cheats. Compulsory work for for the dole commencing in July 2015 is a good start.

Maddhew

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
Fantastic point, we need a degree of military spending and given our limited budget it needs to be shrewd.

Surely the Collins Class subs are enough of an example to not proceed.

medusala

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 14, 2004
Loftus Road
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Spending 2% on defence is a joke and something that should not happen

It should be far more than 2% given our geographic location and the ever present threat of failed states in our neighbourhood.

As for the OP. Lol.

Not even worthy of question time.

The question a rational person would ask is: why is there not a lifetime welfare cap?

CountryRace

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Oct 25, 2014
https://archive.org/details/WarIsARacket
AFL Club
Fremantle

Raheem Sterling retort old bean
It should be far more than 2% given our geographic location and the ever present threat of failed states in our neighbourhood.

As for the OP. Lol.

The question a rational person would ask is: why is there not a lifetime welfare cap?

CountryRace

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Oct 25, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
How to alienate pretty much everyone with his knocking back 100k a week.

you believe sterling requires some sort of salary cap?

interesting i thought the young mans uber-capitalism motivations would be in line with your values

As for the OP. Lol.

and that youd be praising such an effort ... ;)

CountryRace

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Oct 25, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Look, I agree with you when it comes to the banks being bailed out, prohibition, allowing the government to read our stuff and curfews. They are all reasons why big government and crony capitalism are bad things. I would have included taxes in but I assume you related it to some class warfare classification, now if you said paying income, company taxes etc were wrong then I would agree as I would prefer both to be abolished. (Won't happen for a while so any cuts for whatever excuses are fine)

You still haven't answered my main point, why is it acceptable to take from one group of people by force and give it to another? Would you like it if I took some of the cash in your wallet and claimed that I was doing my job of helping the poor? The 'evil' wealthy stashing their cash away in the banks is a good thing, provides capital for the banks to lend out to ordinary people and businesses which helps drives economic growth, savings which is a better alternative than the money being squandered by the government.

Your main point seemed be to, you dont like the idea of being 'forced' to do something. in this case, remove money from someone with one billion and one dollars, and give it to some with zero dollars.

I was just trying to get across, we are 'forced' to do many things.

There are only 1600 billionaires in the world. And some of them would have just over a billion dollars.

So why does forcing a couple thousand people to do something, worry you so much, when so many millions will get a positive result?

i highly doubt you will ever be in this asset bracket (1600/7 billion humans, are) so it wont be a personally first world problem you will have to endure.

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Your main point seemed be to, you dont like the idea of being 'forced' to do something. in this case, remove money from someone with one billion and one dollars, and give it to some with zero dollars.
I
I was just trying to get across, we are 'forced' to do many things.

There are only 1600 billionaires in the world. And some of them would have just over a billion dollars.

So why does forcing a couple thousand people to do something, worry you so much, when so many millions will get a positive result?

i highly doubt you will ever be in this asset bracket (1600/7 billion humans, are) so it wont be a personally first world problem you will have to endure.
You do know this ret.arded idea of yours wouldn't work anyway. In the end, the billionaires would end up with the money anyway. There is a reason why some people have money and the rest don't. It isn't hard to figure out why.

little graham

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
There is a reason why some people have money and the rest don't. It isn't hard to figure out why.
2001c8c2ae5dd1fc_prince-harry-kate-middleton-prince-wiliam-looking-up-gif.gif

CountryRace

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Oct 25, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
No. Nor did I even imply that.

how could young Raheem alienate people when he is only seeking some more money? nothing wrong with that, remember

In the end, the billionaires would end up with the money anyway. There is a reason why some people have money and the rest don't. It isn't hard to figure out why.

middle ages?
rothschild?
jesus?
adam smith hard to see hand?

dont leave me hanging

You do know this ret.arded idea of yours wouldn't work anyway.

we are just talkin'

relax :thumbsu:

it is absolutely theoretically possible

Loser mentality

inbred German European royalty #winning

CountryRace

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Oct 25, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
(All data from Top Corporate Dodgers report.)

1). 1. Bank of America CEO Brian Moynihan
Amount of federal income taxes paid in 2010? Zero. $1.9 billion tax refund.
Taxpayer Bailout from the Federal Reserve and the Treasury Department? Over $1.3 trillion.

Amount of federal income taxes Bank of America would have owed if offshore tax havens were eliminated? $2.6 billion.

2). Goldman Sachs CEO Lloyd Blankfein
Amount of federal income taxes paid in 2008? Zero. $278 million tax refund.
Taxpayer Bailout from the Federal Reserve and the Treasury Department? $824 billion.
Amount of federal income taxes Goldman Sachs would have owed if offshore tax havens were eliminated? $2.7 billion

3). JP Morgan Chase CEO James Dimon
Taxpayer Bailout from the Federal Reserve and the Treasury Department? $416 billion.
Amount of federal income taxes JP Morgan Chase would have owed if offshore tax havens were eliminated? $4.9 billion.

4). General Electric CEO Jeffrey Immelt
Amount of federal income taxes paid in 2010? Zero. $3.3 billion tax refund.
Taxpayer Bailout from the Federal Reserve? $16 billion.
Jobs Shipped Overseas? At least 25,000 since 2001.

5). Verizon CEO Lowell McAdam
Amount of federal income taxes paid in 2010? Zero. $705 million tax refund.
American Jobs Cut in 2010? In 2010, Verizon announced 13,000 job cuts, the third highest corporate layoff total that year.

6). Boeing CEO James McNerney, Jr.
Amount of federal income taxes paid in 2010? None. $124 million tax refund.
American Jobs Shipped overseas? Over 57,000.
Amount of Corporate Welfare? At least $58 billion.

7). Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer
Amount of federal income taxes Microsoft would have owed if offshore tax havens were eliminated? $19.4 billion.

8). Honeywell International CEO David Cote
Amount of federal income taxes paid from 2008-2010? Zero. $34 million tax refund.

9). Corning CEO Wendell Weeks
Amount of federal income taxes paid from 2008-2010? Zero. $4 million tax refund.

10). Time Warner CEO Glenn Britt
Amount of federal income taxes paid in 2008? Zero. $74 million tax refund.

11). Merck CEO Kenneth Frazier
Amount of federal income taxes paid in 2009? Zero. $55 million tax refund.

12). Deere & Company CEO Samuel Allen
Amount of federal income taxes paid in 2009? Zero. $1 million tax refund.

13). Marsh & McLennan Companies CEO Brian Duperreault
Amount of federal income taxes paid in 2010? Zero. $90 million refund.

14). Qualcomm CEO Paul Jacobs
Amount of federal income taxes Qualcomm would have owed if offshore tax havens were eliminated? $4.7 billion.

15). Tenneco CEO Gregg Sherill
Amount of federal income taxes Tenneco would have owed if offshore tax havens were eliminated? $269 million.

16). Express Scripts CEO George Paz
Amount of federal income taxes Express Scripts would have owed if offshore tax havens were eliminated? $20 million.

17). Caesars Entertainment CEO Gary Loveman
Amount of federal income taxes Caesars Entertainment would have owed if offshore tax havens were eliminated? $9 million.

I probably should of worded it better. The main functions of government is to protect our borders, guarantee our food and water supplies, and look after the basics. Most of the rest is up to us.
You realise our Government is an extension of us.
Your main needs may be completely different to mine yet they represent us both...equally.
I think their main function is to provide a safe environment, education and health care and a sustainable economy.

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
how could young Raheem alienate people when he is only seeking some more money? nothing wrong with that, remember

middle ages?
rothschild?
jesus?
adam smith hard to see hand?

dont leave me hanging

we are just talkin'

relax :thumbsu:

it is absolutely theoretically possible

inbred German European royalty #winning
The widening wealth gap has nothing to do with capitalism. It is Central Banks printing money.

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
You realise our Government is an extension of us.
Your main needs may be completely different to mine yet they represent us both...equally.
I think their main function is to provide a safe environment, education and health care and a sustainable economy.
Like someone said previously. Their only job is to government!

Back