Why isn't there a player revolt?

andrewb

Premiership Player
Oct 6, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon
The entire playing list has now, via their lawyers, been exposed to the entire body of ASADA evidence (as opposed to the doctored version printed by the AFL).

Where is the player revolt against Hird?

NathanMX

Premiership Player
Dec 6, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Seriously??? Your players were gullible enough to be sucked in by this, do you really think they have the brains to understand the legalese their lawyers would be spouting? :rolleyes:
Yes, revolt against Sir James now and get found not guilty and look like even bigger fools a month from now.
Or revolt against Sir James now and get found guilty and he will get black balled anyway.

No point in any players doing such a thing even if they wanted to, think it is pretty fair to say in a battle between the great one and any players the great one would keep his job and the players would likely be playing VFL.

fabulousphil

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 29, 2001
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
freo
The entire playing list has now, via their lawyers, been exposed to the entire body of ASADA evidence (as opposed to the doctored version printed by the AFL).

:D Looking forward to reading all about it, i have no doubt the conspiracy theories will be fascinating.

Last i heard today Hird was responsible for greyhound baiting and drug taking.

The players know Hird is a decent bloke and would not seek to inject players with anything banned or indeed anything harmful.

Armchair Critic

Cancelled
Feb 8, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
:D Looking forward to reading all about it, i have no doubt the conspiracy theories will be fascinating.

Last i heard today Hird was responsible for greyhound baiting and drug taking.

The players know Hird is a decent bloke and would not seek to inject players with anything banned or indeed anything harmful.

He would allow a convicted drug dealer be part of the supply chain for the club though.

Easy Slips Catch

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 10, 2006
Fringe
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm

For mine the bigger question is where is the supporter revolt? Even if they were not deliberately cheating the level of general incompetence was profound,

Possibly they were complicit in the whole thing? Just sayin.
Well, they knew what the intention of the program was. Reimers even understood that much.

Jobe told the media it was all about competing with the bigger teams, James was telling the world that he wanted bigger, stronger players....the entire EFC knew what the aim of the program was and that there was a risk involved. It's why we keep hearing stories of players asking Hird and Dr Reid if everything was safe.

They were uneasy because the players signed up to a regime that they knew was aiming to bend and strain the rules.
They have since been told continuously by people they should trust that they will be fine, but even if they are not, they're that far down the road that a revolt is not on the cards.

Muggs

Premiership Player
Jan 16, 2015
Your local dark alley
AFL Club
Adelaide

If found guilty they could go we sorry we given drugs, we are remorseful, it's all Hird and the other staff at EFC fault, 50% penalty discount please for substanisal assistance as we turn on him(them).

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
fair enough, but i would just call them human.
would you hate your Essendon supporting son who got drafted by Hawthorn then changed alliances?

Different circumstance entirely. Changing sides because of a positive reason. I'd probably start following Hawthorn too.

Anyway, as a human, I will exercise my right to consider someone pissweak.

Sep 15, 2009
Gippsland
AFL Club
Collingwood
Different circumstance entirely. Changing sides because of a positive reason. I'd probably start following Hawthorn too.

Anyway, as a human, I will exercise my right to consider someone pissweak.
of course you can, don't make you right though, sometimes it is the stronger person that makes the change, that same person could call you pissweak for not making a stand.

andrewb

Premiership Player
Oct 6, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon
Well, they knew what the intention of the program was. Reimers even understood that much.

Jobe told the media it was all about competing with the bigger teams, James was telling the world that he wanted bigger, stronger players....the entire EFC knew what the aim of the program was and that there was a risk involved. It's why we keep hearing stories of players asking Hird and Dr Reid if everything was safe.

They were uneasy because the players signed up to a regime that they knew was aiming to bend and strain the rules.
They have since been told continuously by people they should trust that they will be fine, but even if they are not, they're that far down the road that a revolt is not on the cards.
So 34 players were complicit in a doping scheme. 6 of them are at other clubs. 11 are retired, some forced in acrimonious circumstances.

NOT ONE HAS TURNED AGAINST HIRD.

So 34 players were complicit in a doping scheme. 6 of them are at other clubs. 11 are retired, some forced in acrimonious circumstances.

NOT ONE HAS TURNED AGAINST HIRD.
YET. let's see what happens once the verdict is in yeah?

It's like when you and your best mate go for the same team and for some reason your team finishes in the bottom 2 a few years in a row.

Then, your pissweak mate, little Johnny, decides he's gonna go for bloody Hawthorn instead next year.

You just don't do that.

Who did you follow before Hawthorn?

My issue is the Club is bigger than the individual. I wouldn't support another team but I would demand change. Even if you put it in the best light Hird encouraged a potentially dangerous regime, with drugs that were not TGA approved. I could not support a club that employed someone who was behind the actions that went on. If I was an Essendon supporter I would walk away from the game while Hird was there.

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
of course you can, don't make you right though, sometimes it is the stronger person that makes the change, that same person could call you pissweak for not making a stand.

Are you saying my opinion is wrong? My very own, special opinion?

Back