Roast Why?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just need to be respectful of the fact you're a guest, is all

Yup, bang on mate.

Different boards have different dynamics, so stuff you might find kosher on one board may not be so on another, just keep it in mind when posting on their/other team boards guys.

Preview threads with opposition supporters can be a good source of information before a match though, and nothing is wrong with proper discussion.

I got banned from the Essendon board this week. I actually requested it.

All I did was point put we play GWS in the last round and not Gold Coast.

Then one of my posts got hijacked and edited.

I was the one your reply was aimed at, found it a bit odd your post didn't really make any sense after what I posted, then you cleared that up in a quote. I find it amazing you would get banned for that though. Wasn't it just a typo?

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
This is actually a good thread.

I thought about this today, looking through the mods board at the amount of cards and board bans over there at Essendon. I wondered about the disparity in numbers and then realised it's because their posters aren't even setting foot (and Lance is charming so he doesn't count).

The North mods do get a bit of bad press I guess and maybe we've carded all their flogs to oblivion. In fact, I don't think I've handed out a card for most of the season.

I will say, it is nice to see Teffy back and posting in this very thread so it isn't a total loss.

That's because your hardly here man.....your brother spends more time on this board than you do :p

Filth's dished out two cards to him this year, for Christmas and his birthday, with a stern warning attached to each.

LETSGOKANGAS

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2007
Plodding through the midfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I was the one your reply was aimed at, found it a bit odd your post didn't really make any sense after what I posted, then you cleared that up in a quote. I find it amazing you would get banned for that though. Wasn't it just a typo?

I know it would be suicide to blatantly state you know nothing about football on your own board.

How stupid would that be.

After a few responses I said to myself...man what did I say to piss this guy off...re read it and noticed why.

Again I state, I meant to say GWS may beat us last round, it's AFL footy after all.

All good mate *hifive* *ghetto handshake* :)

The North mods do get a bit of bad press I guess and maybe we've carded all their flogs to oblivion. In fact, I don't think I've handed out a card for most of the season.

Yes clean up your act guys, I hate been
tarnished by being grouped with you North Board Mod flogs.

Husk

Club Legend
Nov 3, 2011
Six feet under
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Would never bother with Carlton, Richmond and Essendon boards though. Carlton supporters thought they'd pump us by 50+ (when they never even thoroughly beat us when we were below average), Richmond board are deluded to the point of embarrassment (some posters were even going around posting, "Can we say the P word?") and the Essendon board are completely preoccupied with talking down North to the point where it becomes obsessive.
I rarely bother, but these boards in particular are a waste of time.

What a precious lot we have become where a bit of ribbing is not allowed. From what I have read most of the north posters are countering ridiculous comments made by other teams posters about our team. Yeah some may go overboard but sometimes you get caught up in the argument.

What I hate most is our own opinionated posters having a crack at their own. That is much worse.

Yes clean up your act guys, I hate been
tarnished by being grouped with you North Board Mod flogs.

Toughen up princess ;)

Speaking of floggery, a certain horse is heading that way, what needs to be said in the thread, has been said :stern Dr Seuss look:

Done here folks!

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
That's because your hardly here man.....your brother spends more time on this board than you do :p

I'm omnipotent, Daniel.

In fact, stop scratching your head. Your shoulders are getting messy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back