Wilkie has referred the Abbott Government to the International Criminal Court

Remove this Banner Ad

May be? Maybe you should read something even as simple as this: http://online.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424127887323932604579052742703621858

this place http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/fe...gee-camp-kenya-somalis-20145164919295645.html sounds like they are having a whale of a time - maybe they should do a swap? I'm sure the refugees in our camps would be happy to swap places, since our camps are so bad right?

ahhhh cool.

You found human beings being treated even shittier than what we are dishing out!

Well-Done-Elephant-Merit-Stamp.jpg

yup... and your mate "Paint by Numbers" can't seem to acknowledge that.

our refugees could have it a lot worse. So if they are going to be prosecuting us maybe they should start with hmm i dunno maybe everywhere else in the world

But they're not.

Why is that, do you reckon?

The mere fact that a country like ours lowers itself to behaviour like this seems lost on you.

However, I'm not surprised. I'm sure that you and Gentleman Jeff rejoice upon it over lunch. David Mundy, not so much.

yup... and your mate "Paint by Numbers" can't seem to acknowledge that.

our refugees could have it a lot worse. So if they are going to be prosecuting us maybe they should start with hmm i dunno maybe everywhere else in the world
We are pretty much the only country in the world that treats refugees in the manner in which we do. That's why we're under scrutiny and no amount of your shitty attempts at justification changes that.

We are pretty much the only country in the world that treats refugees in the manner in which we do. That's why we're under scrutiny and no amount of your shitty attempts at justification changes that.

Your right we are pretty much the only country in the world who treats our refugees so well. The refugees in our camps are better than 99% of other refugees around the world.

It's disgusting that some people are actually trying to defend this. Rabidly so, in some cases...

Hamid Kehazaei, a detainee at Manus island detention centre who diedafter waiting weeks for medical treatment for a foot infection, was not scheduled to be seen by a doctor until three weeks after his death
This was a fellow human, who we locked up without trial. A man who was never charged with any crime...

He was under our care...

He died due to a foot infection...

There is no excuse for that. It's disgusting that it happened!

“I was taken from under my bed and was beaten severely,” he wrote.

“As a result I lost my sight because they hit [a] big wooden stick on my right eye and … on my mouth and I lost two teeth.”
True or not, the injuries are real. What kind of backwards society have we become?
This isn't an unknown injury... somewhere out in a small community... This is something we have been told about, and know exists, in a detention centre that we put him in...
No excuse.

Prof Gillian Triggs said:
“We have to be careful about these allegations until proven true, but there were many incidents we found where the facts stood up to scrutiny,” she said.
Some incidents cannot be proven. But many have stood up to scrutiny.

“We’re seeing hundreds of people whose medical treatment has been delayed or denied,” Pynt said. “Sometimes when we alert the Department of Immigration about such cases they do take action, which suggests they don’t know what’s going on or have been unwilling to find out.
We are shoveling money into offshore processing.
If we have stopped the boats, why can't we process them onshore? What is the downside to that, if we have stopped the boats?

In August, the Royal Australasian College of Physicians, the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners and the Australian Medical Association called for the establishment of an independent medical advisory body to audit the treatment of asylum seekers in detention.
So, the RACP, RACGP and the AMA are just part of the "greeny left wing" conspiracy, and Morrison knows what he is doing?

Say that they have called for the advisory body, just in case there... why don't we do it? Why hasn't the government listened to the three leading Australian medical bodies? Tim Wilson knows best, I guess?

If the turn back the boats policy works, and the boats have stopped. Why do we need to continue to do this to fellow humans?

the guy apparently lives on pain killers and has diabetes (and thus must require insulin). He must be producing those himself, since the conditions in the camp are so horrendous. if he was anywhere else in the world, in a refugee camp he'd be dead by now.
That's our standard is it?
As long as they don't die, we're doing a good enough job?

Even by that standard we are failing...

It's disgusting that some people are actually trying to defend this. Rabidly so, in some cases...

This was a fellow human, who we locked up without trial. A man who was never charged with any crime...

He was under our care...

True or not, the injuries are real. What kind of backwards society have we become?
This isn't an unknown injury... somewhere out in a small community... This is something we have been told about, and know exists, in a detention centre that we put him in...
No excuse.

If we have stopped the boats, why can't we process them onshore? What is the downside to that, if we have stopped the boats?

So, the RACP, RACGP and the AMA are just part of the "greeny left wing" conspiracy, and Morrison knows what he is doing?

Say that they have called for the advisory body, just in case there... why don't we do it? Why hasn't the government listened to the three leading Australian medical bodies? Tim Wilson knows best, I guess?

If the turn back the boats policy works, and the boats have stopped. Why do we need to continue to do this to fellow humans?

A challenge for Jane and co.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

because other countries just accept that is how the world works. .

Instructive post is instructive,

Treating 'lesser people than me' like s**t should be the norm.

Do you still worship the Raj in India?

nah we're too laughing at the common man on the street.

Of course you are.

Sitting in Dome cafe on the Terrace is really so nouveau riche.

He was under our care...

No excuse.

Doubt that you will get any response to your post, too many inconvenient truths.
The bolded is one that no-one can adequately explain. Have asked this before.

Doubt that you will get any response to your post, too many inconvenient truths.
The bolded is one that no-one can adequately explain. Have asked this before.
Because it is self-explanatory to those with half a brain. It is simple, process them onshore and the boats will start again!

Because it is self-explanatory to those with half a brain. It is simple, process them onshore and the boats will start again!
How can they come with Border Protection stopping the boats? Half brain not working?

Atm it is a trickle. Rightfully or wrongfully, if you allow them onshore then the boats leaving Indo for Oz will drastically increase again.
Have they or have they not stopped the boats from arriving in Australia? Why would they not continue this policy?

Your right we are pretty much the only country in the world who treats our refugees so well. The refugees in our camps are better than 99% of other refugees around the world.

They're having such a hoot in these oversized forensic psych gulags that they're self-harming, suiciding and attempting suicide in ever increasing numbers. Sounds like fun, how do I get a bed?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back