Will 2014 Premiers Take the Field in 2015?

Will the 2014 premiership team play together again?

• Yes

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 18 66.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

HR Roughnstuf

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I remember hearing a stat at the end of last year that a premiership team has never taken the field together again... EVER!

This isn't just talking about finals but H&A matches. This is one of the most interesting football stats IMO.

Now that the trade period is done and we retained all 22 that played in the Grand Final and none are expected to be delisted, do you think that we might possibly see all 22 take the field at some stage in 2015?

Obviously the biggest obstacle for this is Frawley as he is a ready made recruit expected to come straight into the team if fit. O'Rourke still appears to be raw and is not as sure of a game (in 2015 at least).

Thoughts?

I remember hearing a stat at the end of last year that a premiership team has never taken the field together again... EVER!

This isn't just talking about finals but H&A matches. This is one of the most interesting football stats IMO.

Now that the trade period is done and we retained all 22 that played in the Grand Final and none are expected to be delisted, do you think that we might possibly see all 22 take the field at some stage in 2015?

Obviously the biggest obstacle for this is Frawley as he is a ready made recruit expected to come straight into the team if fit. O'Rourke still appears to be raw and is not as sure of a game (in 2015 at least).

Thoughts?
The premiership team only played on game together in 2014 (the GF) so it isn't so far fetched to imagine that with Frawley, O'Rourke, Anderson and Whitecorss all available in 2015 that our team will change. While most on here will point at Duryea, Suckling, Spangher to be the ones most vulnerable I also suspect Lake will need to play his best football to remain in our best 22. Poppy plays his role beautifully but maybe a player like Jed Anderson could squeeze him out. History tells us that usually 2-4 players don't make it back into the best 22 come finals the year after a premiership. You need to be continually turning over players. We had 5 changes from 2013 to 2014. Many were forced but not all (Sewell and Smpkin). Ceglar will also likely put pressure on Hale and McEvoy.

Possible, but very doubtful. Part of me would love to see it at some point, but as others have said, lists need to renew to stay at the top and I can imagine up to five changes from the 2014 Premiers to the 2015 version (similar to the change from 13 to 14).

After retaining all 22 players after the trade period, it is possible. A lot of things would have to go right* for it to happen (i.e. No injuries during pre-season, form good enough to warrant selection etc.)

*right meaning that things go right for breaking the stat, not necessarily right for the strongest team :D

This sounds like one of those Channel 7 stats that they think people care about.

You know, the ones they fumble around with while being completely oblivious to a great mark, strong tackle or a precision kick.

The arrival of Frawley and O'Rourke. possible inclusions of Whitecross, Anderson, Litherland, Ceglar and Hartung. Woodward also might start getting games together and Grimley and might get a few games.

Put all this together and it is a 99% chance that all 22 players will get on the field at the same time.
Interesting but unsurprising stat.

The arrival of Frawley and O'Rourke. possible inclusions of Whitecross, Anderson, Litherland, Ceglar and Hartung. Woodward also might start getting games together and Grimley and might get a few games.

Put all this together and it is a 99% chance that all 22 players will get on the field at the same time.
Interesting but unsurprising stat.

Injuries will have to be pretty serious for Grimmers to get a run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They will give him games when they can to continue his development as a Forward/Ruck to prepare hime for when Hale retires. I think he is a tall forward not a ruck. Not sure where he prefers to play?

He is more of a forward than a ruck which Is why he will be delisted at the end of 2015 unless something out of the ordinary happens with his form in 2015.

Back