will ablett still be number one

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 9, 2015
South Australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls,
At the end of this season will Ablett still be number 1? Even though he looks like he wont be much good for a bit of this season he could still bounce back once hes fully recovered but bothings certain. I honestly think he will have a dane swan of last year season and have some good games and some bad games but i dont think he will be back to his 2013-2014 form.

If Ablett can get to his best, 100% yes. Ablett at his best makes everyone else look second rate. Fyfes time will come, I for one don't mind seeing Gazza take this time off, if it means Gold Coast tap out this season to be super scary next year it's well worth it.

Im sure it would matter to you if this thread was regarding hawthorn or luke hodge :)
Thing is, there's never going to be a definitive number 1 player in the league. It's all based on opinion.

Ablett, in my opinion, is one of the best 3 players to ever grace an Australian Rules field. Due to injury, he's not currently bossing the league. He's still Gary Ablett though.

Fyfe/Bud willl probably prove the most inform Footballers this season, but it doesn't mean they're superior to Gaz. Threads like these are simply vague, promoting time-wasting debate about a topic which is quite mislead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's been a while since Ablett was number one… 2013? Midpoint of 2014?

Fyfe and Franklin have been the game's premier players over the past 12 months

Ablett was injured for much of 2014 and injured again in 2015. He needs to get his shoulder right and put some runs on the board if he wants to be the number one again.

Last edited:
At the end of this season will Ablett still be number 1? Even though he looks like he wont be much good for a bit of this season he could still bounce back once hes fully recovered but bothings certain. I honestly think he will have a dane swan of last year season and have some good games and some bad games but i dont think he will be back to his 2013-2014 form.
Fyffe will be No.1. Don't insult Ablett comparing himself to Swan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back