Will ASADA/WADA appeal?

• Yes

Votes: 256 65.1%
  • No

Votes: 137 34.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

HTB,

May as well discuss this in it's own thread as it's worthy of it's own one.

ASADA will hold a meeting this evening and hold a press conference at 11 am on the 1st of April, 2015 to declare weather or not they will appeal the decision of the AFL's Anti-Doping Tribunal.

Do you believe they will or wont, and why?

Personally I think they will off the statement put out this afternoon and they have invested enough into this (ASADA and/or Essendon for that matter) to not accept defeat until they can no long take it any further.

Over to you.

Will wait and see if Dank is found guilty. If so then they will appeal because it means the tribunal found that TB4 was at EFC. IF Dank innocent they will walk away licking their wounds.

I'd expect them to appeal to the afl tribunal, have it dismissed, drop it then, and wada to follow up with a strongly worded statement.

I don't think there will be an appeal - but agree with the strongly worded statement

I don't think they will appeal against tribunals verdict for the players, it will be interesting to see what the reaction is if Dank gets done. They may then issue an IN to Hird and other support staff.

Write another.

In case they don't get the message the first time.
Before you toss mud.
I would think if everybody wrote to WADA,it would be a lot better than having them write provoking material on this site about EFC and starting a BS war that would spoil the site for many.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Before you toss mud.
I would think if everybody wrote to WADA,it would be a lot better than having them write provoking material on this site about EFC and starting a BS war that would spoil the site for many.
Huh?

What I'd be most worried about from the player's point of view is whether a drawn out appeal could result in a bigger penalty which is not backdated if the ruling is overturned? I'm assuming they are all going to play this week.

My gut feeling is there will be an appeal - it seems to be too much of a "test case" for them to leave it as is.

What I'd be most worried about from the player's point of view is whether a drawn out appeal could result in a bigger penalty which is not backdated if the ruling is overturned? I'm assuming they are all going to play this week.

My gut feeling is there will be an appeal - it seems to be too much of a "test case" for them to leave it as is.
A lot of asada advice came from the top 3 in America,these blokes reckon they are superior and know more than the Aussie asada boys.
They wont be happy to "lose"something they ticked off on.
I expect WADA to at least explore the chance of appeal.

If ASADA was to tomorrow find new evidence that pretty much guarantees a conviction, are they allowed to re-issue show causes? or is the not guilty today the ball game?

they wont appeal IMO. If they were successful but the penalty too lenient the yes, but not when the 3 judges unanimously dismissed their case. A sports lawyer on 3AW tonight said the players would now be considered innocent so ASADAs case would be even more difficult.

There is zero chance of an appeal.

The evidence is not strong enough.

McDevitt will come out tomorrow and blame Alavi and Charter's refusal to give evidence for the result, despite this not being a key issue.

If he appeals, it will be on him when they fail.

Back