Will Ash Smith play 50 games?

Will Ash Smith play 50 games?

• Yes

Votes: 65 50.8%
  • No

Votes: 63 49.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

anyone defending smith is so delusional.

Sorry but some of this stuff being written is complete bollox.

I've pointed out the Kennedy chase. Another would be the chase of Dalhaus through the middle in which Carter made the mistake of going to the ball carrier in Stevens even though Lycett was chasing him down. That decision gave Dalhaus a mountain of space and Smith had to chase him down, he did the right thing and ran to the goal side of him to little effect as he wasn't close enough to effect the kick

He played really well the week before, but last week wasn't his best (though he did have some good flashes). I'm happy to persist with him in the hope he can get his confidence back and become a good player. He seemed to play further up the ground against the Swans, and I don't think its a coincidence he played better as a result. I'd like to see him on the wing or on a HFF and give him licence to attack.

Was at the game, my god he is lazy. Schofield got into him a couple times, always has his head down. Wish he could use his pace more as well. Can't play in the backline anymore but would like to see how he goes when pushed forward

He played really well the week before, but last week wasn't his best (though he did have some good flashes). I'm happy to persist with him in the hope he can get his confidence back and become a good player. He seemed to play further up the ground against the Swans, and I don't think its a coincidence he played better as a result. I'd like to see him on the wing or on a HFF and give him licence to attack.

He was just as rubbish against the swans. I just don't see what the point is persisting. He has had his chances.

I reckon you could attribute most errors to technically being the fault of a teammate if we went down that path. The fact one players requires such continued analysis to bring him up to mediocre is a concern.

I reckon you could attribute most errors to technically being the fault of a teammate if we went down that path. The fact one players requires such continued analysis to bring him up to mediocre is a concern.

That's not what i did. We're getting spanked and people want a scapegoat, no matter how illogical some of their objections truly are.

The fact Wilson and Priddis worked there way into the votes against the Dogs shows some people are easily pleased and willing to proportion blame disproportionately. Some people could benefit from a second look IMO.

Smith might well be mediocre over the long haul but if you chuck a dummy spit every time Smith appears on screen irrespective of the actuality of events then ill call that out.
This annoys me a lot, I've been watching games before where Glass, having his man beaten, has peeled off to cover for teammates who are getting beaten on the run back into space and then heard people comment on how "he's getting toweled up" ... :rolleyes:

Some people can not comprehend the movement of football.

Sorry Swannies but you might want to re-watch that. Smith went to the boundary and chased the player with the ball. Dal got the ball forward of him and Kennedy was further inboard and in the position to chase. Smith had another two players between him and Dal.

I will watch again, as much as it pains me EasternHills, but at the point at which Kennedy caught that little turd Smith, who is supposedly a sprinter, was jogging along the boundary line about 10 metres from Dahlhaus. My point is he seems to not grit his teeth and go ahhhhh, stuff it I need to chase.

I will watch again, as much as it pains me EasternHills, but at the point at which Kennedy caught that little turd Smith, who is supposedly a sprinter, was jogging along the boundary line about 10 metres from Dahlhaus. My point is he seems to not grit his teeth and go ahhhhh, stuff it I need to chase.

I have come to the conclusion that he just does not want to play at the Eagles.

smith is so frustrating. I remember him in his debut game... his kick was so impressive, just a booming kick from half back. I really want him to come good as a footballer, but I don't think he will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This annoys me a lot, I've been watching games before where Glass, having his man beaten, has peeled off to cover for teammates who are getting beaten on the run back into space and then heard people comment on how "he's getting toweled up" ... :rolleyes:

Some people can not comprehend the movement of football.
I think we underestimate the mountain of work Glassy does, always leads by example to help out others, God where in trouble when he hangs them up.( He starts the game looking like hes walking on eggshells, so imagine how worn out his body would be)
Smith needs game time, as does , Wilson & Carter, so can we all be patient right now, time will tell if they make it, no amount of bitching will change this season, so lets just embrace blooding some of these kids & who knows, they may surprise us.

Back