Will Brennan be dropped this week?

Remove this Banner Ad

From what I've heard on this board about Sellwood (Bunnings?) maybe he should have a run while Jarred has a step back for a week or two.

I hope not. He is just such a pleasure to watch. He is like one of those energiser bunnies, just keeps on going and going. Not just 2nd and 3rd efforts but 5th and 6th and however many it takes. Sort of reminds me of my dog when he is at the park, that manic running around and sniffing into everything and darting here there and everywhere.

Yeah, I think it would do him good. Fundamentally, he has the skill but not the strength or the fitness to be anything but a fringe player this season, and he can't do much about that until next preseason. Mind you, if he can put his head down next summer, lift some weights and run some cross country he could be fearsome next year.

yeah i maybe think that Jared could have a go in the ressies again.. he hasnt been there for a while... & he has had his chance to see what it takes to play seniors.. so as i have posted somewhere else i reckon that he can now go back to the ressies & work up his match fitness again... playing a full game i mean & improve his skills work again & give Bushie or yeah maybe bunnings a go perhaps...

As an adendum to my last post. I still hope not but if going back to the ressies helps him in the long term then I will just have to put my own selfish thoughts aside and look forward to when we can see him play a full game week after week!

It is vitally important for Jared's development if he goes back to the reserves for one week plus. We have seen that he can perform at senior level. He needs a few games in the reserves to get back on track in case we need him later down the track for whatever reasons.

my concern is we need to get a bit of new blood circulating thru the team as one day they will all go and we will have a bunch of kids with no big game experience. keep him in i say or replace him with another young fella for a week or two.

I'm with you irish, this weekend would be the perfect opportunity against Carlton. Only trouble is there are too many injury worries in the ressies team at the moment. :(

cheers ... Kaz

Remove this Banner Ad

Back